Prince Joachim & Princess Marie's Visit to China: November 23-28, 2010

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Muhler

Imperial Majesty
City
Eastern Jutland
Country
Denmark
And now for something completely different...

We are informed in Billed Bladet #44, that Joachim and our Marie will be going to China to promote Danish design and Danish food products. - Commerce being Joachim's specialty.
They will go to China at the end of November and they will visit Macao, Hong Kong and Beijing. Probably other cities as well, but that isn't clear from the article
La Marie will in her role a patron for Copenhagen Jewelry Fair also have a specific role at the opening of the exhibition Danish design in Beijing.

The article is not clear about the duration of this travel, except that it's pretty long. I'd guess about a week.
So far there are no plans to take Bette Henrik with them.

TRH Prince Joachim and Princess Marie participate in business promotion in Hong Kong and Beijing from 23-28th November.

Source: Kongehuset

And now for something completely different...

We are informed in Billed Bladet #44, that Joachim and our Marie will be going to China to promote Danish design and Danish food products. - Commerce being Joachim's specialty.
They will go to China at the end of November and they will visit Macao, Hong Kong and Beijing. Probably other cities as well, but that isn't clear from the article
La Marie will in her role a patron for Copenhagen Jewelry Fair also have a specific role at the opening of the exhibition Danish design in Beijing.

The article is not clear about the duration of this travel, except that it's pretty long. I'd guess about a week.
So far there are no plans to take Bette Henrik with them.

If experience is any kind of teacher, it would be to their best benefit to leave the infant prince at home where he belongs.

If experience is any kind of teacher, it would be to their best benefit to leave the infant prince at home where he belongs.

Oh goodness why so? Wouldn't Lille Henrik be best with his parents, wherever they are? They so clearly adore him. I'd say he belongs wherever they happen to be! And Joachim and Marie seem to be so good at enjoying wherever they are, really engaging with people and doing a fabulous job, can you imagine the response amongst hotel staff etc who have the opportunity to interact with the lovely couple and simply one of the cutest babies on the planet? Diplomacy on the ground!

;)

it's interesting they are returning to china so soon, they were there not long ago, i believe?
in any case, it's great they are promoting danish products in china, it's obviously a good idea.
has an agenda been released?

it's interesting they are returning to china so soon, they were there not long ago, i believe?
in any case, it's great they are promoting danish products in china, it's obviously a good idea.
has an agenda been released?

They've been to China nearly exactly one year ago, from November 22nd-29th, 2009.
You can find the thred here! :flowers: So far I couldn't find the agenda.

Also, Prince Joachim's estate, Shackenborg Manor exports a lot of Christmas trees to Hong Kong especially, so there is a personal commercial interest in the visit as well, in addition to a personal connection since Prince Joachim worked in Hong Kong (where he met Alexandra).

Day 1 - November 23

The visit has started, here are the first pics!

Prince Joachim and Princess Marie attending a trade and development luncheon in
Hong Kong, China, 23 November 2010. Prince Joachim and Princess Marie will deliver
100 Christmas trees from their estate to a shopping mall as they visit Hong Kong for
Danish business promotion events.

** Pic 1 ** Pic 2 ** Pic 3 ** belga 1 ** belga 2 ** gettyimages/daylife gallery **

Billed-Bladet article with pics:

** Første billeder med Marie og Joachim i Hong Kong **

Last edited:
Thank you, Iceflower :flowers:

Joachim indeed has a thriving business exporting Christmas trees to Hong Kong.
Trees exported to the East Asia is very different from trees used in Europe.
The asian trees are much denser, while there is a clear distance between the branches in European trees, because of the tradtion with hanging various things on the branches. So the Christmas tree producers here in DK, and we have quite a few, are pretty delighted with this diversity. :)

Marie looks lovely and both she and Joachim seem very relaxed when doing these overseas tour of duties

Pity no schedule of visit has been released. Great seeing them promote Danish design abroad. Marie looked great in that lovely skirt also quite comfortable in that chair.

Thank you, Paty :flowers:

Unfortunately it seems that the poor petite Marie has problems with her throat. The article states that she was pretty hoarse.
She didn't look very ill to me, so perhaps it's only a minor thing.

Anyway after being present at the Marks Store, where there is an exhibition of Danish design Tuesday evening, she and Britt Siesbye went shopping together in Hong Kong Wednesday morning. - So I guess whatever afflicted her throat can't be that serious. ;)

I have to update my own infro regarding Joachim's export of Christmas trees to Hong Kong. He is not exporting any trees there this year.

While la Marie was shopping, Joachim was busy promoting Danish food products.

The couple are staying at Four Seasons Hotel while in Hong Kong.

A gallery from BT: Joachim og Marie i Hong Kong | www.bt.dk

It's interesting in the sense that we for once get a glimpse of what is going on at these dinners and meetings and receptions. Something the magazines rarely cover very much.
It may be somewhat uninteresting but it is nevertheless why they went to China.

Pic #2: Joachim toasting (he does that a lot apparantly!) after giving a speech. - Something Joachim is known to very good at.

Pic #3: A somewhay absentminded or perhaps rather somewhat ill Marie, judging from the info in Billed Bladet.

Pic #4: Joachim supplied 100 Christmas trees to a mall in Hong Kong.

Pic #5: Joachim getting his reward for his speech.

Pic #6: The photographers must be praising their deities for Marie going on this trip as well. - She is a little more interesting to photograph than Joachim giving speeches. ;)

Pic #7, 8 & 9: I rest my case...

Pic #10: Listening to a long speech, while not feeling that well and about a topic that you may not be that interested in... La Marie has openly admitted (while in Brazil) that commerce is not the subject that interest her the most.
That at least is honest talk and I commend her for that. :lol:

Pic #11: Cheers.

Last edited by a moderator:
Summary of article in Billed Bladet #47, 2010.
Gensyn med Hong Kong - Hong Kong revisited.
Written by Henrik Salling.

Who just had time to cover the beginning of the visit before deadline this week.
The busy schedule started Tuesday where Joachim onboard the Maersk containership Salalah pressed two bottons and switched the ship to using environmentally friendly fuel while in port. This is something that interests the locals who was represented with Minister for Environment Edward Yaus. After pushing the bottons Joachim turned around and said: "Another hard day at office. No big deal being an engineer".

Joachim then returned to their hotel to pick up the fair Marie before going to a lunch at another hotel. This time the Danish Chamber of Commerce was host. And this is where our Marie discovered that high heels and fashionable wide legged pants may not be that compatitable, because her heel got stuck in her trouserleg. Oh well...

Joachim said: "I've lost count as to how many times I've been here, but it's a lot. - Each time I come back something new has happened. Not just in regards to buildings but the way to do things change from visit to visit".

This is the first time Princess Marie has a LiW with her on a trip abroad.

- I've noticed a couple of guys in the pictures who simply has PET written all over them. That's unusual, I cannot recall off hand to have seen PET officers around J&M before. Unless of course they are attached to the Danish embassy/diplomatic mission in China, in which case they would be FET agents. I.e. from the Defence Intelligence Service.
ADDED: Yep, checked the gallery posted by Paty. There is one with a neon sign above him saying PET.

Last edited:
Thanks for the translation Muhler!

I've noticed a couple of guys in the pictures who simply has PET written all over them. That's unusual, I cannot recall off hand to have seen PET officers around M&F before.
I suppose you mean M&J (Marie & Joachim) as M&F (Mary & Frederik) always has PET around!

Last edited:
Thanks for the translation Muhler!

I suppose you mean M&J (Marie & Joachim) as M&F (Mary & Frederik) always has PET around!

Corrected. Thanks for the heads up :flowers:

Don't have Joachium and Marie PET around them when they travel abroad? I thought that they only don't have security when they stay in Denmark.

Last edited:
Don't have Joachium and Marie PET around them when they travel abroad? I thought that they only don't have security when they stay in Denmark.

I didn't see any PET officers in Brazil nor in Ghana.
It is after all the locals who are primarily responsible for J&M's security.

As for M&F and the Regent Couple, PET go with them everywhere, period. Except for high risk areas like Afghanistan. There the much heavier armed FET agents provide security.

Its great seeing them enjoy the visit. Marie seems to be very confident & happy on this visit. She looks good in the brown dress IMO.

Dazz, the bew pics are mainly the same as the ones BB has used in their
galleries. Good to see that with getty finally another agency is covering
their journey. Three more days, I'm hoping for more such lovely pics of
the couple :)

Dazz, the bew pics are mainly the same as the ones BB has used in their
galleries. Good to see that with getty finally another agency is covering
their journey. Three more days, I'm hoping for more such lovely pics of
the couple :)

Same event but the pictures are not the same.
Its a pity that this visit is not covered widely and similar pictures are re-posted by different agencies. It would've been nice to get a schedule at least to have an idea on what events are being attended.

Last edited:

I was generally speaking of the bew pics, you've surely also seen the whole
number of pics over there, Dazz, that's what I've meant. You've only reposted
3-4 that are already in the BB galleries :flowers:

The person in charge of the schedule maybe already is in his/her winter sleep :D

Swedish svenskdam reports about the trip:

** Marie och Joachim lanserar dansk design i Hong Kong **

** Marie och Joachim i Hong Kong **

Last edited:
Knowing Marie's cheerful temper and looking at the second picture I bet to say they found the common language ;)

More photos from China:
Purepeople gallery

Last edited:
The calendar mentioned Hong Kong & Beijing for the visit but all captions so far has been Hong Kong. Would the last day only be Beijing maybe? :ermm:

Back
Top Bottom