Prince Joachim & Princess Marie's Official Visit to Russia: November 17-21, 2008

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
It is going to be a great trip because St.Petersburg is full of cultural treasures. Novembers are usually shivery in both Moscow and St.Petersburg though. I am looking forward to seeing photos!

They look nice together.

I like Marie's outfit.

The visit seems to be going well. Princess Marie looked absolutely great. By the way, what was the main purpose of this visit?

quite a lovely outfit for marie (and for joachim!) indeed. they look lovely together.

Prince Joachim and Princess Marie of Denmark, right, visit an exhibition of firms and enterprises, working in Yekaterinburg, as they visit this Siberian city, on Monday, Nov. 17, 2008. Prince Joachim and Princess Marie of Denmark are also scheduled to visit Moscow and St.Petersburg.

http://cache.daylife.com/imageserve/04dH93qb6E7B5/610x.jpg
http://cache.daylife.com/imageserve/09oleXiau70ch/340x.jpg

Marie looks marvelous, and seems very relaxed and engaged. I think this outfit is by far the most lovely on her.

She looked very relaxed and happy - and the outfit was great!

The visit seems to be going well. Princess Marie looked absolutely great. By the way, what was the main purpose of this visit?

According to the article in BT the purpose is to travel around Russia to make/increase the economic and cultural relations between Denmark and Russia. On the programme is, amongst other things, opening an photoexhibition about the life of Princess Dagmar to Denmark alias Zarina Maria Fedorovna of Russia.

I adore the headline of the article: To Russia with love.

Its nice to see them out and about. However, I wonder what exactly they might be able to accomplish economically speaking. Given the current economy the world over, I sure hope that they can accomplish something, but everyone now a days is holding their dollar, or in this case ruble close to home. I'm not sure that seeing a prince and princess decked out in expensive clothing is going to make the average consumer feel more inspired to give out more money.

That being said, I suspect that the cultural aspect of the trip is more the point. And it will certainly help Marie to understand more about her family in law, what with them being so closely tied, blood and proximity wise, to Russia.

I love the photos (especially the one of Marie kissing Joachim)! They both look great, and it is wonderful to see them together on a royal visit.

Its nice to see them out and about. However, I wonder what exactly they might be able to accomplish economically speaking. Given the current economy the world over,

The curent economy in Denmark, though influenced by the regression in the US, isn't bad, the Russian neither. In Denmark the major problem is a lack of manpower, not unemployment and the economists sayes that the expenditure of the average Dane will increase in 2009. Not as much as the increase during the last years - but it will increase.

In other words in DK the regression is something happehing in the US or on television. So why not have Danish royals visiting our Russian neighbour?

Marie and Joachim look marvelous and happy. It must be a blessing and adoring to become pregnant and give new life to a future child. It may be why they gleam and glow happiness. May their stay in Russia be great. It is good to see them.

Marie looked very chic.. Appropriately dressed for the occasion.. She might be following her famous sister-in-law's step soon..

princess marie was very chic, beige suit was very refined ans suits her very well
as in morocco, she impress me by her natural and her calm, very impressing for a woman who is princess since only few months

I like Prince Joachim's hat! Maybe mens hats could become fashion again?

Princess Marie appears to be a "natural"; I think that she's getting the hang of being a princess....

It's nice to see Princess Marie in an outfit that's more flattering on her(shape wise) -some of her earlier dress suits have made her look like a box.....very feminine, this one though.....
And I actually like the hat on Joachim - They should make a comeback...

i agree it's strange that there is no official info on the plan for the visit. the danish court and the ambassies are generally very efficient at this.

PM looks wonderful ... i loved her jacket ... thank u all for great pics:):flowers:

Back
Top Bottom