The Royal Forums Coat of Arms


Join The Royal Forums Today
Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
 
  #181  
Old 05-29-2018, 05:41 PM
iceflower's Avatar
Administrator
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Location: , Germany
Posts: 61,362
.

A couple of posts have been moved to the following thread:

** General News about Joachim, Marie and Family Part 4: July 2014 - **
__________________

__________________
**** Welcome aboard! ****
Reply With Quote
  #182  
Old 06-15-2018, 05:48 AM
eya eya is offline
Imperial Majesty
 
Join Date: Apr 2015
Location: -, Greece
Posts: 21,787
Prince Joachim and Princess Marie are landed on Bornholm, where they will visit the Folk meeting in Allinge today

https://www.instagram.com/p/BkCeFK8A...danskekongehus
__________________

Reply With Quote
  #183  
Old 06-15-2018, 06:00 AM
iceflower's Avatar
Administrator
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Location: , Germany
Posts: 61,362


Both visited stands and viewed demonstrations related to some of their patronages during the People's Meeting today.

Here are some more photos and a video:


** Pic ** kongehuset.fk fb **


** belga gallery 1 ** belga gallery 2 **


** tidende: Royalt besøg i Allinge ** translation **


** kongehuset: D.K.H. Prins Joachim og Prinsesse Marie besøger Folkemødet **


** BB: Hjertelig velkomst til prinsesse Marie og prins Joachim på solskinsøen ** translation **
__________________
**** Welcome aboard! ****
Reply With Quote
  #184  
Old 06-29-2018, 04:24 PM
eya eya is offline
Imperial Majesty
 
Join Date: Apr 2015
Location: -, Greece
Posts: 21,787
Prince Joachim and Princess Marie attended tonight at the Gronnegards Theater's premiere at Misantropen.

https://scontent.fath4-2.fna.fbcdn.n...5a&oe=5BA81AEB
Reply With Quote
  #185  
Old 06-30-2018, 02:41 AM
iceflower's Avatar
Administrator
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Location: , Germany
Posts: 61,362



Here's a video of their attendance:


** BB fb video **
__________________
**** Welcome aboard! ****
Reply With Quote
  #186  
Old 08-15-2018, 07:43 AM
iceflower's Avatar
Administrator
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Location: , Germany
Posts: 61,362
Prince Joachim and Princess Marie visited Hærens Sergent School to mark the 30th anniversary of the Prince's graduation from the school in Varde today, August 15. It's the same school Prince Nikolai now attends as well, so you can see Joachim inspecting his own son

"It was touching. We were very proud", Princess Marie said.

And Prince Joachim told the young soldiers: "It's not wrong to fail here. We all make mistakes. But those who make the difference are those who develop and learn from their mistakes".


** kongehuset gallery ** belga gallery **


** BB video: SE VIDEOEN: Stolt prins Joachim besøgte prins Nikolai **


** tv2.dk video: Prins Nikolai blev inspiceret af sin far på Hærens Sergentskole **


** jv.dk gallery & article: Mange billeder: Prinsesse Marie var stolt over at se prins Nikolai i tøjen ** translation **

__________________
**** Welcome aboard! ****
Reply With Quote
  #187  
Old 08-15-2018, 11:04 AM
maria-olivia's Avatar
Majesty
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Brussels, Belgium
Posts: 6,784
I don't unerstand why they were at Caix Castle during the photoshot at Grästen and now the Queen is alone at Caix and they are in Denmark !
Strange !!
Reply With Quote
  #188  
Old 08-15-2018, 01:17 PM
Muhler's Avatar
Imperial Majesty
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: Eastern Jutland, Denmark
Posts: 14,954
QMII has always been at Cayx in August. The difference this year is of course that she's a widow now.
But I doubt she's alone. Just like at Marselisborg, she is likely to have brought friends with her. - Not to mention that PH's French relatives are still in the general area and as far as I know their relationship is still good.

J&M and M&F can hardly go to Cayx anyway. Schools have started after the summer holiday here in DK.
Reply With Quote
  #189  
Old 09-13-2018, 06:18 PM
Muhler's Avatar
Imperial Majesty
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: Eastern Jutland, Denmark
Posts: 14,954
Excerpts from article in Billed Bladet #37, 2018.
Written by the Ken Richter.

Recently Joachim and our Marie returned to Schackenborg where Joachim gave a personal speech to a packed audience over the topic: My Southern Jutland.

Joachim has often been praised for being a good speaker. Well, you be the judge. Ken Richter wrote the article so this is what Joachim actually said!

About giving up Schackenborg: "Don't think I ran away. - I had to lay down my arms. Schackenborg is a wonderful place, but the reality was that the manor was a business with a not insignificant debt which I took over. I did not manage to get that debt out of the way. We made several initiatives with savings, investments and new initiatives, but when that is not enough, you must at some point make a line in the sand. A place like this doesn't run itself, but I have never let go of my feelings and my desire to be here."

Over the centuries there have been ups and downs regarding Schackenborg. Joachim had to give up and that is now a closed chapter: "There is no use in thinking about a past that has been decided. I will however not deny the reality behind it. It must as such not be a ghost in my life and nor for my children. We have chosen to remember the plus-sides, even though there were minuses as well. The children must be spared knowing about the minuses at the age they are in."

Joachim visited Schackenborg for the first time when he was seven. Back then owned by Hans and Karin Schack.
"It was in the summer of 1976 where I was on holiday at Gråsten Manor. The Crown Prince and I had been invited over one afternoon to experience and see Schackenborg. We were out harvesting and to a seven year old lad that was... wauw."

When he was nine it was announced that Joachim should take over Schackenborg.
"From that period another reality entered my light-board (head). Now I had to identify myself with this here place, and it's utterly unique. Also when there are no leaves on the trees and when the water is falling horizontal from the west."
He came more and more often to Schackenborg.
"In that way there was more and more meat on story for me. It was now my home ground. It is a unique and terrific countryside and the oasis in all of it is Møgeltønder and Schackenborg. It is also a personal oasis, because it is a peaceful place, where there so many good vibrations each time we are here and the time always feels too short."

Joachim thanked the Schackenborg Foundation for his family being allowed to keep visiting the manor:
"We are grateful that we can come visiting regularly here at the manor. The children's Lego is still strewn here and there. That is also what makes this place such a human/habitable place."

Joachim finished his agricultural education 25 years ago:
That was the decisive day when I took over running the business and the manor."

Prior to that he had lives all over DK:
I know the whole country pretty well and have lived in several corners of the country like Aalborg, Viborg, Oksbøl, Southern Zealand and Falster. But the identity I have felt down here is something completely to itself. One is invited inside in this little part of the world, upon which you discover how big it is on the inside. How spacious it is, how interesting and rewarding it is. It is all something I have felt and sensed - and still feel. That is also something - to be totally honest - I miss to this day."

"Time is going incredibly fast. But that you remember with joy, that no one can take away."

- Well, I think he has still not reconciled himself to what I'm sure he think of as a deep personal defeat. The second big defeat of his life. The first being his divorce from Alexandra.
Reply With Quote
  #190  
Old 09-13-2018, 06:56 PM
HereditaryPrincess's Avatar
Heir Apparent
Royal Blogger
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Location: London, United Kingdom
Posts: 13,873
Thanks Muhler.
It's nice that Joachim and his family share these little interview snippets with us. Good to hear that both Nikolai and Felix are enjoying their time at their new school - and military school!
__________________
"For beautiful eyes, look for the good in others; for beautiful lips, speak only words of kindness; and for poise, walk with the knowledge that you are never alone". Audrey Hepburn

*
"Think of all the beauty still left around you and be happy". Anne Frank
Reply With Quote
  #191  
Old 09-14-2018, 04:09 PM
eya eya is offline
Imperial Majesty
 
Join Date: Apr 2015
Location: -, Greece
Posts: 21,787
Quote:
Originally Posted by Muhler View Post
Excerpts from article in Billed Bladet #37, 2018.
Written by the Ken Richter.

Recently Joachim and our Marie returned to Schackenborg where Joachim gave a personal speech to a packed audience over the topic: My Southern Jutland.

Joachim has often been praised for being a good speaker. Well, you be the judge. Ken Richter wrote the article so this is what Joachim actually said!

About giving up Schackenborg: "Don't think I ran away. - I had to lay down my arms. Schackenborg is a wonderful place, but the reality was that the manor was a business with a not insignificant debt which I took over. I did not manage to get that debt out of the way. We made several initiatives with savings, investments and new initiatives, but when that is not enough, you must at some point make a line in the sand. A place like this doesn't run itself, but I have never let go of my feelings and my desire to be here."

Over the centuries there have been ups and downs regarding Schackenborg. Joachim had to give up and that is now a closed chapter: "There is no use in thinking about a past that has been decided. I will however not deny the reality behind it. It must as such not be a ghost in my life and nor for my children. We have chosen to remember the plus-sides, even though there were minuses as well. The children must be spared knowing about the minuses at the age they are in."

Joachim visited Schackenborg for the first time when he was seven. Back then owned by Hans and Karin Schack.
"It was in the summer of 1976 where I was on holiday at Gråsten Manor. The Crown Prince and I had been invited over one afternoon to experience and see Schackenborg. We were out harvesting and to a seven year old lad that was... wauw."

When he was nine it was announced that Joachim should take over Schackenborg.
"From that period another reality entered my light-board (head). Now I had to identify myself with this here place, and it's utterly unique. Also when there are no leaves on the trees and when the water is falling horizontal from the west."
He came more and more often to Schackenborg.
"In that way there was more and more meat on story for me. It was now my home ground. It is a unique and terrific countryside and the oasis in all of it is Møgeltønder and Schackenborg. It is also a personal oasis, because it is a peaceful place, where there so many good vibrations each time we are here and the time always feels too short."

Joachim thanked the Schackenborg Foundation for his family being allowed to keep visiting the manor:
"We are grateful that we can come visiting regularly here at the manor. The children's Lego is still strewn here and there. That is also what makes this place such a human/habitable place."

Joachim finished his agricultural education 25 years ago:
That was the decisive day when I took over running the business and the manor."

Prior to that he had lives all over DK:
I know the whole country pretty well and have lived in several corners of the country like Aalborg, Viborg, Oksbøl, Southern Zealand and Falster. But the identity I have felt down here is something completely to itself. One is invited inside in this little part of the world, upon which you discover how big it is on the inside. How spacious it is, how interesting and rewarding it is. It is all something I have felt and sensed - and still feel. That is also something - to be totally honest - I miss to this day."

"Time is going incredibly fast. But that you remember with joy, that no one can take away."

- Well, I think he has still not reconciled himself to what I'm sure he think of as a deep personal defeat. The second big defeat of his life. The first being his divorce from Alexandra.
And some pictures from this event on 5 September

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/DnE1C6QW0AAt1vm.jpg
https://scontent.fath3-3.fna.fbcdn.n...e9&oe=5C36197E
https://scontent.fath3-3.fna.fbcdn.n...e7&oe=5C1FD977
https://scontent.fath3-3.fna.fbcdn.n...ce&oe=5C28A5F0
Reply With Quote
  #192  
Old 11-04-2018, 05:39 AM
Muhler's Avatar
Imperial Majesty
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: Eastern Jutland, Denmark
Posts: 14,954
J&M are shortly to go to France to take part in the commemorations of the end of WWI.

https://www.billedbladet.dk/kongelig...e-til-frankrig

Denmark was neutral during WWI, but what is today Southern Jutland, belonged to Germany back then after the disastrous Second Schleswigan War in 1864. As a consequence some 30.000 ethnic Danes were enrolled in the German army and fought among other places in France.
Many were killed there and this is where J&M come in.

Near the French town of Braine, north-east of Paris is a cemetery for some of the Danes killed on the Western Front.
Joachim reinaugurated the cemetery back in 2013.

There is no bitterness or resentment towards the Danes fighting on German side in France, as I understand it. After all a lot of ethnic minorities fought on "the wrong" side during that war.
There were after all ethnic French from Alsace and Lorraine who fought on the German side after these two provinces became German in 1871.
Not to mention the many Slavic people who ended up fighting against Russia in the Austrian-Hungarian army.
And Boers in South Africa were perhaps less than keen to join the Allied army against Germany and so on and so on.
Reply With Quote
  #193  
Old 11-04-2018, 08:01 AM
Heir Presumptive
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Location: alpine village, Germany
Posts: 2,808
Quote:
Originally Posted by Muhler View Post
J&M are shortly to go to France to take part in the commemorations of the end of WWI.

https://www.billedbladet.dk/kongelig...e-til-frankrig

Denmark was neutral during WWI, but what is today Southern Jutland, belonged to Germany back then after the disastrous Second Schleswigan War in 1864. As a consequence some 30.000 ethnic Danes were enrolled in the German army and fought among other places in France.
Many were killed there and this is where J&M come in.

Near the French town of Braine, north-east of Paris is a cemetery for some of the Danes killed on the Western Front.
Joachim reinaugurated the cemetery back in 2013.

There is no bitterness or resentment towards the Danes fighting on German side in France, as I understand it. After all a lot of ethnic minorities fought on "the wrong" side during that war.
There were after all ethnic French from Alsace and Lorraine who fought on the German side after these two provinces became German in 1871.
Not to mention the many Slavic people who ended up fighting against Russia in the Austrian-Hungarian army.
And Boers in South Africa were perhaps less than keen to join the Allied army against Germany and so on and so on.
As a German from the Palatinate (who from my father's mother's side is from a French family from Lorraine) I have a different look at this, you can really argue about the ethnically "French" Alsaciens and Lorrainians, because originally they were "Franconians" of the Rhine. That does not means French at all. While it is true that "France" derived from the Franconian tribes, they were originally Germanics who after the end of the west-roman realm conquered today's North of France and Germany up to viking realms and down to the North of Italy, thius creating the "Franconian realm" of the Merowings and Caroling kings. under Caroling reign, at the death of Charlesmagne, Lorraine and Alsace became part the "Middle realm" of Charlemagne's son Lothar, while the eastern Franconian realm became France and the western Franconian realm the Holy Roman empire. And the countries from the Netherlands down to Northern Italy including Burgundy, Luxembourg, Lorraine, Bar and the Alsace changed hands a lot. Originally by contract of Maastricht part of the Holy Empire, the French piece for piece took more and more to France and while in the 19th century, before WWI, the Lorrainians felt more French, the Alsaciens till today are well aware of their Germanic heritage. Plus a lot of people moved there over the centuries, either from France or from the Germanic North and East, Luxemburg, the Palatinate, Suebia and Baden. So you cannot say that people from Lorraine or the Alsace are ethnically French, because they are such a mixture of cultures and are still today - in this case the place people come from does not automatically means they are part of a French or German culture, that depends on each person's heritage and the place where thy were born.
Reply With Quote
  #194  
Old 11-04-2018, 08:17 AM
maria-olivia's Avatar
Majesty
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Brussels, Belgium
Posts: 6,784
Mr Muhler , Why did the lady in waiting and Prince Joachim secretary resign on the same day.
No work for them ?
Princess benedikte is doing more than your Princess Marie.
Reply With Quote
  #195  
Old 11-04-2018, 11:46 AM
Muhler's Avatar
Imperial Majesty
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: Eastern Jutland, Denmark
Posts: 14,954
Quote:
Originally Posted by maria-olivia View Post
Mr Muhler , Why did the lady in waiting and Prince Joachim secretary resign on the same day.
No work for them ?
Princess benedikte is doing more than your Princess Marie.
Thank you, Kataryn.

Most educational.
I had the impression that most people from that region had over the centuries come to identify themselves as predominantly French. That is certainly the impression the docus and history books I've read and seen presents.

Their resignation happening at the same time is a coincidence.
In DK the various LiWs and adjutants (Joachim's secretary is basically an "administrative adjutant") resign after a number of years. In other countries like Sweden the adjutants are rotated on shorter periods.

Benedikte has always been a hard worker. There is no denying that. When she is in DK (also when she was married) she tends to lump together a number of events, usually for her protections, so that she over a handful of days take on several different events.
Our Marie on the other hand, tends to take on events that covers southern DK quite a lot and sometimes involving traveling abroad.
Could she do more? Yes, no doubt.
Should she do more? That is not an easy question to answer.

Right now we have a semi-retired Monarch, QMII.
We have the main working adult couple, M&F, who are kept busy performing their duties. They are center-stage - as they should be.
And we have J&M as the supporting adult working couple. And for the next 15 years or so, they are the main reserves, should M&F suffer some kind of malfunction. And that will remain so until Christian is ready to take over.
Then we have an additional, part time working royal in the shape of Benedikte.
Together they constitute 5 full time working royals - who are to cover a country of 5.8 million.

Okay, if we compare to the BRF.
At present they constitute 7 full time royals, who covers a population ten times larger plus the Commonwealth. That means they have to do a proportionally higher number of engagements in order to cover a similar area. As a consequence they are seen all over the place. Partly because that's tradition in the BRF, a necessity and not least because the British public and certainly the press seems obsessed with how many engagement they do, rather than the quality of these engagements.
And, there is another factor to consider: The physical distance, not to mention the cultural distance, between the ordinary Brit and the ordinary Dane and their royals is much shorter in Denmark than in Britain. Which is why members of the DRF rarely cause a stir when they are out and about on their own.
If I and Mrs. Muhler stroll down a pedestrian street in Aarhus every week there is a small but real chance that we will meet a member of the DRF, while the chance of meeting a member of the BRF is almost negligible were we stroll down a pedestrian street in Birmingham.
That shorter distance is why the number of DRF events are comparatively much lower in DK than in the UK. If we see them too often, it cease being something special.
Reply With Quote
  #196  
Old 11-10-2018, 05:04 PM
eya eya is offline
Imperial Majesty
 
Join Date: Apr 2015
Location: -, Greece
Posts: 21,787
Prince Joachim with Princess Marie are in Braine, France today 10 November to attend at the commemoration the end of the First World War

http://unena.rosselcdn.net/sites/def...?itok=kUO-vHi8

http://www.lunion.fr/121949/article/...-arrive-braine

Pictures from the Palace

https://www.instagram.com/p/BqCKS8HgV4r/

https://scontent.fath3-4.fna.fbcdn.n...c5&oe=5C6E3ABA

And pictures from today 11 November in Braine, France

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/DruIs8JXgAE1BR-.jpg
https://pbs.twimg.com/media/Drt_YRLXgAA_QTK.jpg
https://pbs.twimg.com/media/Druqpe7XQAMampu.jpg
https://pbs.twimg.com/media/Drt-0dYW4AETN8Q.jpg
https://pbs.twimg.com/media/DruGArzW4AEd5uW.jpg
Reply With Quote
  #197  
Old 11-11-2018, 07:28 AM
Muhler's Avatar
Imperial Majesty
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: Eastern Jutland, Denmark
Posts: 14,954
Thanks, Eya.

Here is a short BB video of J&M arriving in the town of Braine, which is a partnership town/friendship town to the Danish southern Jutlandic town of Haderslev. Haderslev was during WWI a part of Germany.
https://www.billedbladet.dk/kongelig...-om-vigtig-sag
Reply With Quote
  #198  
Old 11-11-2018, 08:11 AM
maria-olivia's Avatar
Majesty
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Brussels, Belgium
Posts: 6,784
Very private Event. Why did they not represent the Queen of Denmark at the Commoration in Paris this morning?
Reply With Quote
  #199  
Old 11-11-2018, 08:52 AM
Muhler's Avatar
Imperial Majesty
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: Eastern Jutland, Denmark
Posts: 14,954
Quote:
Originally Posted by maria-olivia View Post
Very private Event. Why did they not represent the Queen of Denmark at the Commoration in Paris this morning?
Presumably because Denmark was neutral during WWI.

But nevertheless a number of ethnic Danes fought in the war - on the German side. These were what is today Southern Jutlanders and M&F have maintained an affiliation to Southern Jutland, where the WWI really means something.
Some 30.000 ethnic Danes were conscripted into the German army, of those some 4.000 were killed. So just as you can't find a cemetery in France and Britain without at least a plaque commemorating fallen soldiers of the WWI, you can hardly find a cemetery in that part of DK that doesn't have a similar memorial.
Reply With Quote
  #200  
Old 11-11-2018, 08:53 AM
maria-olivia's Avatar
Majesty
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Brussels, Belgium
Posts: 6,784
What did Prince Joachim do to have such a lot of Decorations.
__________________

Reply With Quote
Reply

Tags
current events, prince joachim, prince joachim and princess marie, princess marie


Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Prince Joachim and Princess Marie, Current Events 4: September 2008 - August 2013 dazzling Current Events Archive 397 08-23-2013 03:24 AM
General News about Joachim, Marie and Family 1: December 2007 - August 2009 isabelle 53 Current Events Archive 399 08-17-2009 04:08 PM
Prince Joachim and Princess Marie, Current Events 3: May - September 2008 Amelia Current Events Archive 354 09-21-2008 07:17 PM
Prince Joachim and Marie Cavallier, Current Events 2: May 2007 - May 2008 GlitteringTiaras Current Events Archive 568 05-29-2008 04:58 PM
Prince Joachim and Marie Cavallier, Current Events 1: September 2005 - May 2007 Larzen Current Events Archive 549 05-07-2007 10:01 PM




Popular Tags
#uae #abudhabirullingfamily 18th birthday america american archie mountbatten-windsor asia asian birth braganza britain britannia british royal family cadwallader camilla camilla's family camilla parker bowles china china chinese ming dynasty asia asian emperor royalty qing chinese clarence house colorblindness coronation de la cerda duchess of sussex duke of sussex edward vii family tree fashion and style gemstones genetics george vi harry and meghan hello! henry viii highgrove history ingrid-alexandra ivrea japan japan history kensington palace king edward vii king juan carlos liechtenstein list of rulers maria ii medical monarchist movements monarchists nara period noble families norway crown princely couple orleans-braganza pedro ii politics portugal prince harry prince of wales queen victoria royal ancestry samurai solomon j solomon spanish royal family state visit st edward tokugawa unfinished portrait united states united states of america wales


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 08:15 PM.

Social Knowledge Networks

Powered by vBulletin
Copyright ©2000 - 2022
Jelsoft Enterprises
×