Possible names and godparents for Joachim & Marie's baby

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I would love to see Carina Axelsson and Prince Gustav among the grandparents. Marie may also think about including her friend from school, Britt Siesbye . Princess Martha-Louise from Norway would be a great choice, as would Nikolaos or Pavlos of Greece.

Last edited:
Britt Siesbye isn't Maries friend from school. :-D

I actually think Carina Axelsson will be one of the godparents.

Crown Princes Mary HRH Prince Henrik of Denmark Prince Carl Philip Maries Brother and some mutual Friends possibly some French or German Aristocrat

Prince Richard Duke of Gloucester or the Countess of Wessex from the BRF

Crown Prince Pavlos of Greece, Crown Princess Mary.

Last edited by a moderator:
Id like something more Danish Martin Alexander Joachim Otto

Crown Princess Mary, Carina Axelsson and Britt Siesbye.
HRH Prince Henrik, Philippos of Greece and one Marie's brothers.

How many Godparents will have the baby?

I guess that CP Mary and any of Marie´s siblings.

I would love to see Carina Axelsson and Prince Gustav among the grandparents. Marie may also think about including her friend from school, Britt Siesbye . Princess Martha-Louise from Norway would be a great choice, as would Nikolaos or Pavlos of Greece.

What an excellent choice.

Gustav & Carina for sure. I would also like to see a Greek family couple, as well.

• Crown Prince Frederik and Crown Princess Mary.
  • Edouard + Charles Cavallier
  • Prince Gustav + Carina Axelson
  • Edward + Sophie Of Wessex.
x

Victoria of Sweden
Marie Chantal of Greece
Brothers of Princess Marie

Martin Alexander, Hmm, not so much. Martin Jørgensen and Countess Alexandra. Not likely to name your child after your exwife and her new husband. ;-) :-D

Victoria has many godchildren. She is a godmother usually of the future rules like prince Christian.

How about Alexandra Countess of Frederiksborg?

Count Christian & his wife Countess Anne-Dorthe (the Danish Rosenborg) they have three daughters......would they be suitable as the Count is (I think) Joachim's first cousin......................we don't see much of this side of the family, so not sure what Joachim's relationship with them might be.

And of course Princess Benedikte's two daughters, Alexandra & Nathalie

Queen Anne-Marie's children -Pavlos & Marie-Chantal'Alexia & Carlos Morales;Nickolaos;Theodora & Philippos

Well wee have at least three months to see who they pick.......although they probably have already notified those they wish to have as Godparents

Haha, remember it's only a boy now. :-D

Prince Albert would just be horrible. Poor boy. It's an intimate piercing. :-D

Yes it is, i don't know how I forgot that hehe.
Thank you.
x

Crown Princess Mary (for sure)
one of Maries brothers
Prince Gustav of SWB
Prince Nicolaos (I think he is the one of the greek cousins who Joachim is closest to), or one of his younger siblings
Oscar or Britt Siesby

Hehe. Really, what IF they name him Albert.? Oh my god. :-D

I would like to see a really Nordic first name for the little guy - Roar - or even Balder from the Nordic mythology. I also like Sixten though it is fairly rare Danish, but more common in Swedish I think.

Balder......yes, what a wonderfull name, really Nordic. I would love Valdemar as a first name though.....really Danish.

A little prince was born...I suppose Princess Victoria of Denmark will arrive later. ;)

Anyways, for a boy, I thought Erik Alain Joachim Andre. Lucas, Sebastian or Victor would sound good too, though.

In the Danish TV2 news they said the experts vere betting for Alexander. I found that to be strange becauce of Joachims ex. - Countess Alexandra. But I do like the name Alexander though I prefere Valdemar.

I like the name Victor. It would go well with Felix as both names come from Latin. Alexander is one of my favorite names, but I doubt Marie and Joachim will choose it, because of Countess Alexandra.
And I dont think they will pick a traditional Scandinavian name, but an international one...

....but an international one...

what about Bill...............or..................Bob? Oops...bad choise!

Joachim said the name could be anything between Ib and Nebukaneser. What about Ib.........Prince Ib...............:rolleyes:............Princip.............ha ha .......:cool:

This was a joke made by a Danish doctor in telly this night......

what about Bill...............or..................Bob? Oops...bad choise!

I don`t understand why you respond this way to my words. I simply wanted to say that the name may be chosen to suit both Danish and French roots that the baby has got, and to be pronounced easily in both languages.

I don`t understand why you respond this way to my words. I simply wanted to say that the name may be chosen to suit both Danish and French roots that the baby has got, and to be pronounced easily in both languages.

Please don't take offense Monna. It was a light-hearted response :flowers:. I did not mean to insult anybody - least of all you. I am sorry if you fell offended. It wasn't my intension.....................:flowers:

Apology accepted :flowers:. I would be disappointed with Bill or Bob - just imagine Prince Bob :lol: (but no offence to the names Robert and William, of course).

Or.......Prince Billy Bob .................that is really bad....:lol:

Hahaha that really did make me laugh!

Prince Soren Alaine Joachim Christian

That would go well with Talulah :D

Anyway, Marie and Joachim will surely surprise us with a nice and regal name...

We can't choose a girl's name so here's my pick.
I would name him:

Jeanne Morrice Pavel Lousant

I like France and their Latin romanticism. Princess Marie is French so maybe we will see a name in French. We will see. I'm happy the family is healthy and I imagine in glee. Congratulations to them. :flowers:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom