Possible names and godparents for Joachim & Marie's baby

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Prince :Frederik Henrik Françoise Christian
Princess : Ingrid Margrethe Alain Benediket

Hey Michaella, Françoise is a girl's name so I think perhaps François would be a better choice for a little prince. :)

and Alain is a boys name how do you pronounce Benedikte

I think they will choose something that is recognisable in both languages, so something like Charlotte, Caroline or Louise for a girl...don't know for a boy though.

Noah Christian Henri Allain

Amelia Louise Margrethe Francois

Those are my best bids.
Other first names that could be the name:

Boys:
Marius
Marcus
Malthe
Lucas
Mikkel
Magnus
Oskar (Joachims best friend, so I doubt it.)
Gabriel
Andreas
Jacob
Oliver
Emil
Sebastian
William
Tobias
Rasmus
Kasper
Benjamin (Is one of her brothers Benjamin?)
Daniel
Elias
Christoffer
Carl (I can just picture her, with her French accant, saying Carl. :-D)
Bertram
Laurits
Adam

Girls:
Sophie
Laura
Mathilde
Caroline
Louise
Freja
Sarah. :-D:-D:-D
Amalie
Filucca
Clara
Alberte
Frederikke
Fillipa
Lærke
Frida
Alma
Thea
Olivia
Emma
Mille
Hannah

I think they will have 3-5 children.

Amelia
Noah
Laura
Marius
Oliver

:-D

Last edited by a moderator:
Names they will probably never choose but names I like for a princess:
-Silke
-Solvej
-Anna
-Isabelle or Isabella
-Eva
-Alizee

Girl: Louise Marguerite Françoise Marie
Boy: André Alain Henri Frederik

Agathe is really a beautiful name, but I think probably it would be only a middle name if the baby will be a girl, because is also one of her mother's name.So, my choise for a girl is:
Kirsten(I red somewhere it's a very popular name in Denmark),Agathe,Hanne,Marie(also afte her mother)or Mary(after her aunt).
For a boy:Erik,André,Christian,François
Personally I think it will be a baby girl!:wub:

MOST popular names in France in 2007:
1. Emma
2. Lea
3. Manon
4. Clara
5. Chloe
6. Ines
7. Camille
8. Sarah
9. Oceane
10. Jade
11. Marie
12. Lola
13. Anais
14. Eva
15. Lucie
16. Lilou
17. Julie
18. Lena
19. Romane
20. Lisa
1. Enzo
2. Mathis
3. Lucas
4. Hugo
5. Matheo
6. Nathan
7. Theo
8. Noah
9. Matteo
10. Thomas
11. Louis
12. Maxime
13. Romain
14. Tom
15. Leo
16. Yanis
17. Alexis
18. Baptiste
19. Antoine
20. Raphael

Most popular names in Denmark in 2007:
(girl, boy, girl, boy, girl, boy etc...)

I'm sorry for the presentation but I couldn't do it any other way :S Sorry ..

1 Mathilde
1 Mikkel
2 Emma
2 Lucas
3 Laura
3 Mathias
4 Freja
4 Noah3
5 Sofie
5 William
6 Anna
6 Oliver
7 Caroline
7 Mads
8 Ida
8 Magnus
9 Sarah
9 Christian3
10 Maja
10 Emil
11 Lærke
11 Frederik
12 Emilie
12 Sebastian
13 Clara
13 Victor
14 Julie
14 Marcus
15 Victoria
15 Tobias
16 Isabella
16 Gustav
17 Amalie
17 Rasmus
18 Josefine
18 Oscar
19 Cecilie
19 Jonas
20 Marie
20 Alexander

I also like the name Agathe for a girl--it's very classic. Fred and Mary's daughter's name is "Isabella Henrietta Ingrid Margrethe " so those are probably safely out of the running.
Joachim's aunts are Princess Benedikte Astrid Ingeborg, Queen Anne-Marie Dagmar Ingrid of Greece.
Prince Henrik's mother's name was Renee and no one has choosen her name for a daughter yet.
So, I'm thinking this set of names in no particular order:
Agathe (bride's side of the family)
Ingrid (because all the females seem to have that in their name somewhere)
Benedikte or Astrid
and something the couple chooses themselves, I personally like Mathilde.

For a boy:
Joachim's children names:
Nicoli William Alexander Frederik
Felix Henrik Valdemar Christian

Frederik's son:
Christian Valdemar Henri John

So, if we don't allow for overlap, I think that these names are in the running:
Alain (bride's father)
Joachim (his name hasn't come up anywhere yet)
Gustaf (from his grandfather)
Georg (from his grandfather)

Girl
Agatha like A. Christie
Amelia variant of Amalia
Anastasia
Augusta
Claudia
Camille or Camilla
Carolina
Charlotte Louise

Boy
Caspian
Emanuel
Emil
Flemming
Kasper
Kristopher or Kristoffer
Olav
Vilhelm

So France and Denmark have Lucas, Sarah, Clara, Emma in common :)

For a girl;
Sophie
Louise
Emma
Clara
Sarah
Laura
+ the middlenames that I think will be: Marie Magrethe Francoise

For a boy:
Lucas
Alexandre
Victor
+ the middlenames that I think will be: Joachim Alain

Agathe is really a beautiful name, but I think probably it would be only a middle name if the baby will be a girl, because is also one of her mother's name.So, my choise for a girl is:
Kirsten(I red somewhere it's a very popular name in Denmark),Agathe,Hanne,Marie(also afte her mother)or Mary(after her aunt).
For a boy:Erik,André,Christian,François
Personally I think it will be a baby girl!:wub:
Kirsten is not popular now, it was popular 40-50 years ago. :-D

It's okay. The article probably ment the number of women with the name in Denmark. Jens, for example, is not on the top 50 list now, but it is the most common name for men in Denmark. :-D

If it's a girl:

Amalie Charlotte Ingrid Dagmar

If it's a boy:

Alexander Henri Christian Charles

I think they will choose something that is recognisable in both languages, so something like Charlotte, Caroline or Louise for a girl...don't know for a boy though.
I agree... Helene, Amalie, Josephine or Sofie would also be nice... also Désirée (French but also royal connection)
I can't think of anything for a boy right now either.

Emma Laura Clara louise
Alexandre Frederik

I didn't realize that neither of Joachim's sons carry his name. I think it is a safe bet then that this child if a boy may get Joachim as one of it's names. I kind of think the name will be different. Not necessarily royal sounding. Just like in Holland with Ariane. It works as a princess name but it's not a long standing traditional royal name. I also don't think it's going to favor the Danish side. I think there is more likely to be compromise between the two sides.

i think it will be something traditionally danish for the first name. the second names will definitely take the form of their close family: margrethe, ingrid, francoise, alain...

A boy: Alexander Henrik Charles Frederik

A girl: Louise Margrethe Marie Victoria

Joanna Marie Eleonor Grace or Joseph Axel Wilhem Raymond

I have always loved the name Jacqueline (and what is so nice it can be spelled several different way). I wonder who will be named as Godparents ??

I completey forgot about this, but remember the Danes have a tradition of not announcing the baby's name until the christening, which is usually 3 months later. So we'll have to wait a while after the baby's born before we find out the name!

I Tried to reply to this the other day but turned out my account had not got the ok to reply so I hope it has been sorted now.

I think if it is a girl the name Desire' is highly likely it has been used a lot in the Danish royal family over the years but is French of origin. I do not think names like Louise Leonora or Christine are likely to be used due to associations with x royals (one in particular I am thinking about was called Leonora Christina)
I also think that whilst obviousluy Alexandra would have had a say in what style of names she and Joachim did agree together so I think we can say that Joachim appears to like names that are fairly modern yet traditional so I cant help but wonder if Christopher or Magnus can come in for a boy .

I belive middle names will include Joachims paternal grandmothers name (renee') and then names from Marie's side for a girl with boys I think it wil be the two grand fathers and then a very traditional Danish royal name for the last one like Valdemar (I cant recall what Nikolai and Felix are called for their middle names) or Hans

I hope they'll decide to name the baby Désirée, if girl, after the baby's ancestress Désirée Clary, queen consort of Sweden and Norway. Princess Isabella was named after an ancestress... though her namesake was actually Queen of Denmark :ermm:

What about Maria for a girl? Then in the DRF there are all forms of Maria. Marie, her mother, Mary her aunt and little princess Maria.

I think that would be too much Marys in one family :) It would create unnecessary confusion between The Crown Princess, Princess Marie and Princess Marie's daughter. AND the Danish Royal Family still wouldn't have all the forms of the name Maria (they would lack Marija, for example ;) ). It would've been possible if Marie was known as Princess Joachim, but since she isn't, I'll doubt that a possible daughter would be named Maria.

When do they usually announce the God Parents ?
Is Joachim close with the other Royals .. W-A, Haakon,Felipe,etc ?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom