Marie Cavallier: Degreed? Assumptions? True or False?

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Changing the title doesnt alter the financial side of things though.

I think you all missed Al bina's fine irony...
...and of course Mlle. Cavailler is legally going to be titled Princess through her marriage to a Prince, that's a matter of fact and not of choice.
But if she's really attempting to live a life as a Princess in name only, she's indeed in for a rúde awakening.
With the title comes the job, in Denmark or in other monarchies, no matter if first or second wife. Based on bits and pieces of her very own statements, I am starting to wonder as well if she might not be woefully unprepared for this. :ermm:

Well, it sure shot way over my pretty little head:lol:.

But if she's really attempting to live a life as a Princess in name only, she's indeed in for a rúde awakening.
With the title comes the job, in Denmark or in other monarchies, no matter if first or second wife. Based on bits and pieces of her very own statements, I am starting to wonder as well if she might not be woefully unprepared for this. :ermm:

I've thought this since the announcement in October. It seems that her heart is in the right place (she loves Joachim, which is very clear, and she is the right person for him, I believe). However, I sincerely do not believe that she throughly understands what she is marrying into and what is expected of her despite being the second wife of the second son of a monarch. There are duties, but does she really understand that?

When asked what she knew about the life of a royal her answer was: "It is a very good life, an interesting life, maybe difficult, but a very good life. Yes." Yeah, to an extent, Marie.:cool: Poor Joachim had to interrupt and speak for her to cover up his future wife's blunder... which he did several times in the long unedited version of the engagement conference mind you. Sure it would be nice to receive a nice fat monetary sum for sitting, reading, daydreaming, shopping, waving, wearing a beautiful tiara, walking in the gardens, eating, and occassionally checking the status of the slot for the rest of my life. But does she deserve the money that will be added to Joachim's whatchamacallit? No. The answer is no... it does not.

Essentially, I am pulling for Marie, but am I wasting my time thinking that things will change drastically in six months? Who knows...:ermm: But I do have hope for her.

Last edited:
I fully agree with the second part of your answer. Princess Marie will be reminded of her responsibilities by cruel mass media, which has already been portraying her in an unfavourable light. I just dare to presume that it is extremely difficult to read bad articles and comments on a daily basis. So this may help her to attune her attitudes toward to the royal lifestyle and make her understand that being Princess is about putting Denmark and its interest first. :)

Changing the title doesnt alter the financial side of things though.

Of course not. That's not the point. Of course she will have access to what Joachim has access to. My point was, she can just be a rich wife with little or no royal duties if she doesn't want to do the work.

It would pay off if Marie was honest about herself and her past. If not, unpleasant stories will keep pouring out every now and then and the media certainly won't give up on printing them since that's how they make money. Plus, Marie would risk losing her credibility before she has even become Joachim's wife. Not a good start to gain the support of the public, especially with neglecting other issues that are essential IMO - eg making an effort to speak Danish as well as possible, taking six lessons per day if needs be instead of taking six lessons per month. The suggestion of being a housewife and taking care of Joachim and his family instead of performing royal duties when on the DRF's payroll must either be a joke or is the proof that it hasn't sunk in with Marie yet what she's getting into. I have to admit that all this not-taking-anything-too-serious attitude before her marriage paints a picture of Marie that I don't like at this stage - I hope in the months to come she will prove me wrong.

It would pay off if Marie was honest about herself and her past. If not, unpleasant stories will keep pouring out every now and then and the media certainly won't give up on printing them since that's how they make money. Plus, Marie would risk losing her credibility before she has even become Joachim's wife. Not a good start to gain the support of the public, especially with neglecting other issues that are essential IMO - eg making an effort to speak Danish as well as possible, taking six lessons per day if needs be instead of taking six lessons per month. The suggestion of being a housewife and taking care of Joachim and his family instead of performing royal duties when on the DRF's payroll must either be a joke or is the proof that it hasn't sunk in with Marie yet what she's getting into. I have to admit that all this not-taking-anything-too-serious attitude before her marriage paints a picture of Marie that I don't like at this stage - I hope in the months to come she will prove me wrong.
Isn't it little bit similar like it was with princess Mabel?

Even if it were true that she was an unpaid intern whilst at Double Click in NYC making coffee and filing papers I highly doubt the DRF PR Wizards will announce that on their website.

According to the previous link to the Svensk Dam Tidning article, they too are unsure about Marie and her blurred past:

So now going debate in Denmark: Is Marie Cavallier really the right one for Joachim?

It is much they may find themselves in the future princess, among other things, to get the past tied uo at the seams, and for Prince Joachim's French fiancee Marie Cavallier, it might be a highly embarrassing story if the seams are loose.

Her CV has, of course, as is well known, proved to contain a major gaps. The exclusive university was not quite as charming as she stated and that she said that she worked in promotions of IT firm Double Click. It was found out not to be a match/true. Her most complex task was to boil coffee.

Add the cards on the table, Marie!
Are there any more skeletons in the hold, it is probably safest to say that Marie Cavallier called to the family and tell them of their future royal relatives fairly promptly. For right now she is under the Danish security police scrutinizing and under the microscope. Before the wedding between Prince Joachim and Marie, the Danish security police are carrying out a thorough check of Marie's background. Marie has previously stated how much she is of Joachim's family and how they received him with open arms. Marie seems to be mildly accepted, but the judgement will probably not be nice if it turns out that there are more fabrications that she concealed.

Mary and Alexandra
A similar tactic was also implemented when Prince Joachim married Alexandra, and also when Crown Prince Frederik married Mary. There was, however, never any problems and there were no former boyfriends who told the media that there former girlfriends were "a wild cat in bed."

Well, maybe Joachim likes "a wild cat in bed" and that's why Alexandra wasn't the woman for him. ;)

I don't understand why Danish press is raising eye-brows over embelishments in Marie's background. I didn't hear too many questions from them about Mary's so-called PR stint in the Microsoft affiliate where no one remembered a thing she accomplished or got involved in. At least Marie made coffee! :D

...and of course Mlle. Cavailler is legally going to be titled Princess through her marriage to a Prince, that's a matter of fact and not of choice.

I think her interviews show she is a too "normal" young woman. Everything she says could be said by anyone. I don't find on her anything special, she didn't even learn the Danish Language. It seems she is just enjoying the good sides of her future position but not taking her future duties seriously. Maybe she is very different from what I am describing her, but that's my opinion based on her interviews.

It would pay off if Marie was honest about herself and her past. If not, unpleasant stories will keep pouring out every now and then and the media certainly won't give up on printing them since that's how they make money. Plus, Marie would risk losing her credibility before she has even become Joachim's wife

I'm 100% with this post. I don't see the point of trying to foolish others with wrong stories. It doesn't matter if one was an economist, a teacher, a doctor, a model or a cleanser. It doesn't really matter! What is important is to know if the person was good at his/her job. When a woman was a good student and a good worker, most probably she will be a hard working Princess. Now if a person lies saying that she worked on this or that and after all she didn't... imo she is only trying to hide her lack of profissionalism on her past.

I think we shouldn't judge Marie on the basis of magazine stories which are usually written to sell (and scandals sell!). That wouldn't be fair. Some posts here sound as if it is a proven fact that Marie was dishonest about her past. But that's just what one mag claims (and others are picking that story up). And Se&Hoer has a reputation for twisting words in anybody's mouth. So, it might well be they are the ones trying to fool people with wrong stories.:)

We don't really know what Marie actually told the reporters, we don't know if she boasted herself with accomplishments she doesn't have or if the reporters were just misinterpreting her actual words. It might be that it was just the language barrier, IMO Marie's English gives enough room for misunderstandings. Perhaps she just didn't stress out the fact that she is Bachelor of Arts and since she visited a business school and worked in the financial sector they just assumed she is Bachelor of Commerce (or however it is called). But I haven't heard/read anything boastful about her past yet in the interviews she herself has given. Quite on the contrary, she honestly admitted that she had difficulties in the beginning.

Regarding her Danish lessons I agree that she doesn't show enough commitment because she herself said in the uncut version of the engagement interview she hasn't started yet (but now that she is engaged she will - quite an interesting statement IMO, obviously she wasn't willing to take the trouble before she was officially engaged - unlike Mary) and in the Point de Vue interview she herself confessed she only had 6 lessons a month. So, that's a clear matter for me. :)

Last edited:
Well, maybe Joachim likes "a wild cat in bed" and that's why Alexandra wasn't the woman for him. ;)

I don't understand why Danish press is raising eye-brows over embelishments in Marie's background. I didn't hear too many questions from them about Mary's so-called PR stint in the Microsoft affiliate where no one remembered a thing she accomplished or got involved in. At least Marie made coffee! :D

I thought it was sort of understood that this position was so Mary could live in Denmark and sort of get to know her potential future home? I mean, people get jobs through connections all the time. That's no big deal. Mary could have just come to Denmark and not worked and looked really bad. At least she was trying and knowing Mary, I doubt she'd put on the appearance of working. She probably was working hard at whatever job was *created* for her. Besides, Mary didn't embellish her jobs, degrees, etc.

I think we shouldn't judge Marie on the basis of magazine stories which are usually written to sell (and scandals sell!). That wouldn't be fair. Some posts here sound as if it is a proven fact that Marie was dishonest about her past. But that's just what one mag claims (and others are picking that story up). And Se&Hoer has a reputation for twisting words in anybody's mouth. So, it might well be they are the ones trying to fool people with wrong stories.:)

We don't really know what Marie actually told the reporters, we don't know if she boasted herself with accomplishments she doesn't have or if the reporters were just misinterpreting her actual words. It might be that it was just the language barrier, IMO Marie's English gives enough room for misunderstandings. Perhaps she just didn't stress out the fact that she is Bachelor of Arts and since she visited a business school and worked in the financial sector they just assumed she is Bachelor of Commerce (or however it is called). But I haven't heard/read anything boastful about her past yet in the interviews she herself has given. Quite on the contrary, she honestly admitted that she had difficulties in the beginning.

Regarding her Danish lessons I agree that she doesn't show enough commitment because she herself said in the uncut version of the engagement interview she hasn't started yet (but now that she is engaged she will - quite an interesting statement IMO, obviously she wasn't willing to take the trouble before she was officially engaged - unlike Mary) and in the Point de Vue interview she herself confessed she only had 6 lessons a month. So, that's a clear matter for me. :)

My opinion of her is solely based on what she stated herself via the long unedited engagement press conference and her personal interview with Point de Vue as well as other stuff she has said directly. Pro-royal Danish papers I take with a grain of salt, while magazines like Se og Hor and Her og Nu... well I don't believe it.

Marie had never said in public that she had a degree, I haven't heard her talking about her job in USA either. Those were all the stories printed by the media, perhaps some so called journalists didn't do enough research. Mary was also being called a lawyer, marketing executive she never was. Was she also lying as Marie ? LOL :lol:.

Marie had never said in public that she had a degree, I haven't heard her talking about her job in USA either. Those were all the stories printed by the media, perhaps some so called journalists didn't do enough research

O'rly? :lol: Oh okay donner.

I thought it was sort of understood that this position was so Mary could live in Denmark and sort of get to know her potential future home? I mean, people get jobs through connections all the time. That's no big deal. Mary could have just come to Denmark and not worked and looked really bad. At least she was trying and knowing Mary, I doubt she'd put on the appearance of working. She probably was working hard at whatever job was *created* for her. Besides, Mary didn't embellish her jobs, degrees, etc.

IIRC, she had already been in Denmark and lived in the palace for months before this job was created for her. How hard could she possibly work when she went in the office only once a week and even that had to skirt around her vacations with Fred. It's a complete sham just so no one could say she's living off Fred. In reality, she was.

So it's funny to see anyone raising eye brows over Marie's background and praising Mary's work ethic. At least, Marie hasn't been living off royal connections for years. As for work ethic, does any Danish royals really need it? Their schedules all look pretty easy, comparing with other countries' royals. One engagement a week for seven months a year and Danes will be pleased.

Last edited:
It's a complete sham just so no one could say she's living off Fred. In reality, she was.

I would question this, but anyway

So it's funny to see anyone raising eye brows over Marie's background and praising Mary's work ethic.

Are you basing this statement on before or after her marriage?

At least, Marie hasn't been living off royal connections for years.

Marie hasn't been that close to the royal family for years

Though it is tempting to compare Marie with Mary and so forth, but humor me and don't do it. Why? This isn't the topic to do so.
Furthermore, is it really that hard to stay on topic? I think not.

Please stay on topic, Marie Cavallier: Degreed? Assumptions? True or False? because I am not in the mood tonight to deal with those who don't as well as those who create wild speculations and mask it as "fact" in regards to Mary.

In other words, knock it off!

Thank you.
:alien:

Marie had never said in public that she had a degree, I haven't heard her talking about her job in USA either. Those were all the stories printed by the media, perhaps some so called journalists didn't do enough research. Mary was also being called a lawyer, marketing executive she never was. Was she also lying as Marie ? LOL :lol:.
This thread did not start because of something Marie said in public (besides, she actually has a degree), it started with an article in a scandal mag which claims she didn't tell the whole truth about her past when she was first interviewed by Danish reporters. As I wrote in an earlier post I personally doubt anything that mag writes.

But unfortunately Marie was quite talkative in the beginning, inviting the media into her home, giving interviews. And this is what comes out of it.
In the end it's Marie's word against the reporter's word, we will never know what was actually said and who is lying. I tend to think the mag is twisting things. But there will always be doubts.

Mary on the other hand, as it is well known, didn't say a thing to the media until the official engagement (up to the point of annoying the media with her discretion). And at the time of the engagement interview her official CV was already online. So, whatever wrong was written about her education or profession - before and after the engagement - was clearly the reporters' fault and could not be used against her.

Last edited:
Poor Marie, :eek: ignorant, lazy, liar, unpolished, poorly dressed, arrogant, too talkative or not enough, always compared to Mary or Alexandra, not good enough, French ... :bang:

Please, please, give her a break

Cheer up, isabelle53.
I have the feeling once we will see the pictures of the romantic wedding, of the couple in love, of Marie beaming with happiness and so on, many will give her a break. :)

French? Who bought her nationality into it? There's nothing wrong with being French, I myself am half French which perhaps makes me somewhat bias...:D

I shall take no notice of what her curriculum vitae reads, or doesn't read for that matter. If she conducts herself in a professional and amiable manner, undertakes a number of worthwhile causes, waves when waved too and dresses the part then I couldn't care if she had left school at form 5.

She's made her mistakes, uncharmingly so, though it falls short of condemning the woman. She has something to pove and it has nothing to do with her prospective sister in law. What she has to prove is that she is worthy of being a Danish Princess and worthy of the Danes affection (if and when it blossoms). Hardly an overnight occurrence and time is needed for her to set her pace and make her mark.

Poor Marie, :eek: ignorant, lazy, liar, unpolished, poorly dressed, arrogant, too talkative or not enough, always compared to Mary or Alexandra, not good enough, French ... :bang:

Please, please, give her a break

Although I have my doubts about Marie, I sorta like her. And I love the French if it makes you feel better. :flowers:

In the TV documentary she said she has a bachelor or arts degree from undergraduate studies but that she doesn't have a master.

In the TV documentary she said she has a bachelor or arts degree from undergraduate studies but that she doesn't have a master.

Yes, she cleared it up. I believe there was a graduation photo as well. :flowers:

Well, now we have the official CV on the website, in English, French and Danish…*Any opinions?

No. But I'm over the moon that she has a degree. What's your opinion?

Well, it's a more filled out CV than we've seen before. Especially regarding work history. So far, we've basically seen her go from Double Click directly to her stepfather's firm, and I'm encouraged by the fact that there are other positions in between them, and even summer jobs while being in college. :flowers:

Oh yes, so true. I'm glad to know she worked various jobs prior to finally settling in Geneva.

Well, I actually find it a bit strange that they listed summer holiday jobs. Looks a bit as if they tried to make her CV more impressive (?).
And the fact that she worked for a news agency like Reuters makes me wonder if she really was that naive and clueless when she first met the media.

But I would say it's the future that counts not the past. As long as she and Joachim make their marriage work and as long as she fulfills her duties as a princess (which I believe she will) I don't care where or what she worked before.

Well, I actually find it a bit strange that they listed summer holiday jobs. Looks a bit as if they tried to make her CV more impressive (?).
And the fact that she worked for a news agency like Reuters makes me wonder if she really was that naive and clueless when she first met the media.
We're talking assistant to the director, not anyone involved with the media aspect of it. Of course, where I work, we're all told to say no comment if we're asked anything by the media, for security reasons, but I guess things are different in the media. :whistling:

Back
Top Bottom