Lead-Up to Joachim and Marie's Wedding, 24th May 2008

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Thank you for the video, Glittering Tiaras. It's the first time that I've seen Joachim and Marie interviewed. What a relaxed and friendly couple they seemed, and what a sensible and pleasant young woman Marie showed herself to be.

If there are plans to televise the wedding, could someone let us know? I'd like to catch some of it on the web, if possible.

Thank you for the video, Glittering Tiaras. It's the first time that I've seen Joachim and Marie interviewed. What a relaxed and friendly couple they seemed, and what a sensible and pleasant young woman Marie showed herself to be.

If there are plans to televise the wedding, could someone let us know? I'd like to catch some of it on the web, if possible.

According to dr.dk website:

DR 1 air the wedding all day on Saturday when Prince Joachim and Marie Cavallier get married. You can see the television signal live on the Internet - even if you live abroad. On 24.
maj 2008​
DR is the whole day - both on TV and online. Follow the event here, read on the two, on the church, see beautiful pictures, send brudeparret your own personal greeting, and much more.

dr.dk › forside

Last edited:

Thank you for the link, I really enjoyed the English parts that i could understand. All the world seems to think that because Alexandra spoke German she had an easy approach to Danish but that's not so - I don't understand a word of it and I do speak German, too...;)

I like the way Marie and Joachim address all questions that were asked in the media during their courtship very openly: about Marie's education, about her view on learning Danish and becoming a Danish citizen, about her past life, about being a princess and a farmer's wife, about her relationship with Alexandra's children, about Alexandra's and her role as motherly figures to the boys.

All that has been discussed here and in the media now is answered - and for me personally the answers are sufficient, believable and I find that I simply like those two love birds.

So...at last we can see the wedding at DR. Thank you very much for give us the information.

I see on a previous post that there will be a ball for Joachim and Marie the night before the wedding - is this confirmed and are there any other details about the ball?

I wonder if Marie will wear a tiara from the royal jewels like Mary did with the ruby parure. I will be very interested to see what her evening gown looks like.

I am also looking forward to the wedding and Marie's choice and style of wedding gown and what tiara she will be given.

any reason why there are so many photoshoots of these couples & does every photoshoot have to include a dog???!!! & it wouldve been nice if one of them included the boys. What will next photoshoot be, in a themed park?

any reason why there are so many photoshoots of these couples & does every photoshoot have to include a dog???!!! & it wouldve been nice if one of them included the boys. What will next photoshoot be, in a themed park?

that cracked me up dazzling - i already thought the same :lol:

not sure if i missed some posts but are there any indications that other royals than the danish will attend this wedding, eg the swedish or norwegians?

that cracked me up dazzling - i already thought the same :lol:

not sure if i missed some posts but are there any indications that other royals than the danish will attend this wedding, eg the swedish or norwegians?

Norway:
CP Haakon and CPs Mette Marit
Princess Martha Louise and Ari Behn

Sweden:
only CP Victoria

will attend the wedding (and of course lots of greek cousins ;))

As there is no offical guestlist released we won't know if someone from the other royal families will come.

Even when we saw Marie documentary we saw a lot of Apple and she speaks a lot of Apple, she really must love her dog.

Last edited:
Norway:
CP Haakon and CPs Mette Marit
Princess Martha Louise and Ari Behn

Sweden:
only CP Victoria

will attend the wedding (and of course lots of greek cousins ;))

As there is no offical guestlist released we won't know if someone from the other royal families will come.

Thanks for the update :flowers: One can get lost in 21 pages - and this before they got even married ;)

She is lovely and adaptive. I wish them well.
I am new here, how did they meet again?

hi everyone can anyone tell me if any member of the Spanish royal family is going to attend the wedding? I don't know if there's already a thread about this but i think that there's never been any official activities where we could the Crown Princely couples of Spain and Denmark together? I think it would be nice considering they have so much in common.

I hope Marie surprises me tomorrow with an elegant wedding dress but up until now I think she has no dress sense to speak of. What she had on at the town hall was ordinary and I was at least expeacting her to wear a hat. I hope she takes some princess leasons on dressing from our Mary.

Even when we say Mari documentary we saw a lot of Apple and she speaks a lot of Apple, she really must love her dog.

Yes, you can tell she definately loves her dog. Nothing wrong with that, most of us who own dogs and don't have children do take extra time with our pets. In fact, my dog is the best person to talk to in our house, she doesn't talk back!!!:lol:

i'm really looking forward to what mary will come up with fashion wise

She is lovely and adaptive. I wish them well.
I am new here, how did they meet again?

That's the official version: They met on a hunt in Denmark where Marie was a guest and Joachim attended, too. Joachim at that time was already in the process of divorce or divorced (Marie couldn't remember exactly in the documentary ;)) and Marie was single, so when the divorce was finalised a very sad Joachim in need of comfort contacted her in Paris and invited her for a dinner à deux....

Does anyone know when the foreign guests (e.g. CP Victoria, the Norwegian Couples and so on) are supposed to arrive?

They'll probably attend the (private) Dinner tonight as well ... and hopefully we'll get some pictures of the guests and the couple arriving. :whistling:

After looking on the Danish Royal website I see there is no ball listed on the calender for tonight. (Unless anyone has other information)

Oh well, I will look forward to the wedding tomorrow.

hi everyone can anyone tell me if any member of the Spanish royal family is going to attend the wedding? I don't know if there's already a thread about this but i think that there's never been any official activities where we could the Crown Princely couples of Spain and Denmark together? I think it would be nice considering they have so much in common.

Unless there is a personal relation or strong friendship (which I believe is not the case here) they usually only go to the weddings of heirs to the throne. Therefore next wedding we can expect Queen Sofia and Felipe & Letizia maybe plus Infanta(s) to attend is the wedding of CP Victoria (if it ever happens of course ;)).

The only 2 official occasions both couples attended was the wedding-anniversary of the Grandducal couple in 2006 and of course the wedding of Mary and Frederik

Last edited:
If you live on the east coast of the U.S. then you will see the guests arriving at the church starting at 9:45 am U.S. time.

I think the make a very beatiful couple? And that she will be a very pretty princess!

Thanks so much for all the pictures! They look so happy and radiant together, I'm starting to love this couple very much!:wub:
Can't wait to see what kind of dress Marie will wear tommorrow. Does the wedding really not start until 5pm? pfff the waiting is going to be torture:rolleyes:

Well that would be around noon out here and I don't think we'll get much coverage on the news until later in the evening except online. I think she will look absolutely stunning and I cannot wait to see her in her gown. What say he cries when he sees her? He seems to be in awe of Marie. I recall his brother crying when he saw CPMary coming down the aisle at their wedding too!?

Will be good!

Princess Mary and Princess Marie!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom