Lead-Up to Joachim and Marie's Wedding, 24th May 2008

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Wow, lots of similarities between Marie and Mary! Well, a few anyway. Now BOTH brothers will have their wedding anniversaries in May! I can't wait to see this wedding. Wish them the best!

Btw; has there been announced who designes the weddinggown?
Or are there at least any rumors who could be the designer?

[url=http://www.jv.dk/artikel/404664]Here[/URL] is the supposed guestlist for Joachim and Marie's wedding. It is not an official list, and I have no idea how these people know this. However, I would assume that the list of various royals may be correct. As you can see the list is quite small, but that's okay. An intimate wedding can be very romantic.
*Originally found by CPH @CPMMB. Thank you.:flowers:

Kongelige:
Dronning Margrethe og Prins Henrik
Prins Nikolai
Prins Felix
Kronprins Frederik og kronprinsesse Mary
Prinsesse Benedikte og Prins Richard
Prinsesse Alexandra og Grev Jefferson-Friedrich Graf von Pfeil und Klein-Ellguth
Prins Gustav og Carina Axelsson
Prinsesse Natalie
Eks-dronning Anne Marie og Eks-kong Konstantin
Kronprins Pavlos og kronprinsesse Marie-Chantal
Prinsesse Alexia og Carlos Morales
Prins Nikolaos
Prins Filippos
Prinsesse Theodora
Kronprinsesse Victoria af Sverige
Kronprins Haakon og kronprinsesse Mette Marit af Norge
Prinsesse Märtha Louise og Ari Behn
Greve Carl Johan Bernadotte af Wisborg
Grevinde Gunnila Bernadotte
Prinsesse Elisabeth
Grev Ingolf og grevinde Sussie
Grev Christian og grevinde Dorte

:eek:If it's that last one, they've got to be kidding! Unless the wedding is sponsored by Ecco Center financially, who on the planet would want to have their wedding reception at an ugly modern monstrosity like that?! Why don't they just hold the reception at their house?
Correction to my original post; it appears that the Ecco Center will chiefly be used as a security check, champagne & canapés event between the ceremony and the dinner at Schackenborg, and mutual departure point for guests, whereas the main dinner will be at Schackenborg. This is according to the new book on Marie Cavallier - which definitely makes more sense and fits in with both sets of reports. :flowers:

[URL="http://www.jv.dk/artikel/404664"]Here[/URL] is the supposed guestlist for Joachim and Marie's wedding. It is not an official list, and I have no idea how these people know this. However, I would assume that the list of various royals may be correct. As you can see the list is quite small, but that's okay. An intimate wedding can be very romantic.
*Originally found by CPH @CPMMB. Thank you.:flowers:

It's basically the standard guest-list of basic royals at the Danish Royal Family's bigger events, I would suppose it's not that hard to predict - especially with Victoria having it on her calendar already.

It's the relatives: the Berleburgs, the Greeks, the Swedish, the Norwegian and the Rosenborgs.

Last edited by a moderator:
Yes, this list seems to be of all the relatives. Maybe they are just keeping it to those people, but you would expect there to be some of the couple's friends as well, and possibly one or two members of non-related royal houses.

No, I meant the entire guestlist, provided in the above link and which I should have been more clear about in the first place. The the royals exclusively, well, that's a no brainer at this point.

Wow, that really is a short list, especially the royals who will be attending. I know it's Joachim's second wedding and that he's not the crown prince and all, but I was still expecting more royal houses to be present somehow.

"They're my everything, my two golden boys, and because they also have a big place in my future wife's heart; it's the most natural thing that both Nikolai and Felix are my best men in church." - Prince Joachim

So, Felix and Nikolai will be the best men at their father's wedding, Joachim told in an interview with Billedbladet while in Mozambique. He says that it's more natural to choose them, rather than his brother (again) because this time around he has two sons, and it is meant to be them.

"They're my everything, my two golden boys, and because they also have a big place in my future wife's heart; it's the most natural thing that both Nikolai and Felix are my best men in church." - Prince Joachim

So, Felix and Nikolai will be the best men at their father's wedding, Joachim told in an interview with Billedbladet while in Mozambique. He says that it's more natural to choose them, rather than his brother (again) because this time around he has two sons, and it is meant to be them.

How absolutely sweet :wub: Does it count though in Denmark to have a minor as your best men?

That's so sweet.:wub::wub:

It was obvious that Nikolai and Felix would be in the wedding, but I think it's wonderful that they're playing such an important role.

How absolutely sweet :wub: Does it count though in Denmark to have a minor as your best men?

There are, as far as I can tell, no legalities involved in being the best man in Denmark any more, and so you can have whoever you want.

It is recommended that the two witnesses you have, who sign the register as witnesses to the event are old enough to be aware of what they're signing, but this doesn't have to be the best man.

help help help concearning tv broadcast of the wedding!

Hey guys,
I’m so glad about having found this webpage! I’m a german student of media science and I am starting to work on a project about ceremonies in tv. Therefore, I need material I can analyse, but yet I couldn’t find anything acceptable.
I’m searching for royal weddings in tv that take place the very next time, so I found about Peter Philipps wedding with Autumn Kelly on may 17th and about the wedding of the dansk Joachim on may 24th. It seems that there is no television distribution planned of the british couple, so my question is:
Will the royal wedding of Joachim be broadcasted in tv??? Does anybody of you know about such plans? Or do you know which tv program or station would broadcast royal weddings?
Especially, I would need a broadcast in english because I don’t speak any dansk. So does anybody know about a international or british (or perhaps even german) tv station that plans to broadcast the event???

With any tip you would really help me an my team.
By the way, if you possess records (video) of royal weddings of the past and could lend it to us, you can be sure that you will own our endless and eternal gratefulness! ;)

Best regards,
Schneewitchen

Hi Schneewittchen and welcome to TRF's:flowers:.

If I recall correctly the wedding will be broadcast on Danish television and I'm assuming via the Internet as well (but I am not quite sure. Perhaps someone else can confirm or deny this.) The two big networks, [URL="http://www.dr.dk/Nyheder/Indland/2007/10/03/090145.htm"]DR.dk [/URL]and [URL="http://nyhederne.tv2.dk/kongelig/"]TV2[/URL], broadcast Danish weddings; for example, Mary and Frederik's May 2004 wedding which I watched live on the internet four years ago. If they broadcast Marie and Joachim's wedding on the 'Net most likely you can see it via TV2 and/or DR.dk. The Danish networks via the Web do not have subtitles in English nor in French, but perhaps days after the wedding there will be a transcript or something. Also, one of the networks may release a DVD of the wedding so that may help later on which may or may not have English and/or French subtitles (since the bride is French.)

More details should be coming soon so hang tight, and if you have any more questions feel free to ask.

Enjoy the forums.:)

Last edited:
I’m so glad about having found this webpage! I’m a german student of media science and I am starting to work on a project about ceremonies in tv. Therefore, I need material I can analyse, but yet I couldn’t find anything acceptable.

You might like to check out YouTube or the shop of German ZDF or NDR - they do normally the Royal reports, probably they do have DVDs on sale. If not, ask their public relations department if they could offer you help in your research. If you write from an email registered with a university, they are normally most helpful. :flowers:

Billed-Bladet - Tema: Marie om Nikolai og Felix: De er virkelig søde

I found this article in Billed-Bladet.com. I used an internet translator, which we all know aren't the most reliable, but, if I am correct in understanding the jist of it, it is saying that Nikolai and Felix like Marie, and the other way around as well.

If I'm wrong, a Danish-speaker can't certainly feel free to correct me.

When Joachim's former wife Countess Alexandra married Martin both Felix & Nikolai gave her away.
By having his two sons as his best little-men, Joachim avoids the problem of having his brother stand up for him, as their seems to be some coolness between the two brothers since Fred's wedding to Mary. Before the brothers seemed very close.
Hopefully sometime in the future the two brothers may sit down together and figure out what went wrong, and become close again. They each only have "one" brother, although I don't see the two wives (Mary & Marie) becoming buddy-buddy.

When Joachim's former wife Countess Alexandra married Martin both Felix & Nikolai gave her away.
By having his two sons as his best little-men, Joachim avoids the problem of having his brother stand up for him, as their seems to be some coolness between the two brothers since Fred's wedding to Mary. Before the brothers seemed very close.
Hopefully sometime in the future the two brothers may sit down together and figure out what went wrong, and become close again. They each only have "one" brother, although I don't see the two wives (Mary & Marie) becoming buddy-buddy.
Please provide a link to a reliable source on which you are basing your opinion that there is friction between Joachim and Frederik.

Thanks!
Mandy

By having his two sons as his best little-men, Joachim avoids the problem of having his brother stand up for him, as their seems to be some coolness between the two brothers since Fred's wedding to Mary. Before the brothers seemed very close........
Or maybe he is being honest when he says that having them stand with him is what he really wants. Like you said they gave their mother away when she re-married, so the equivalent of that for their father would be to stand as his best men. I find it quite adorable :wub:

I don't expect that many impressive royals (my opinion) to attend Joachim's second wedding. I mean, it will be nothing like the Crown Prince couple's wedding nor will it be like a second son's first wedding which ever royal it may be. Marie has made it clear that she wanted it to be a somewhat of a private affair and the guestlist may confirm this.

Once again, this is my silly opinion so please don't get too upset with it.:)

Yes, I do think this event is being a little bit magnified...also because there haven't been many "big royal weddings" in the past three or four years (let's say, after Frederik and Mary's). By "big royal weddings" I mean weddings in which the Heir to the throne is involved... and since we are still waiting for Victoria to get married to Daniel, well, we do need some entertainment, besides baptisms and birthdays! :whistling:

I saw someone say that they didn't think Marie and Mary would be the best of friends, is that because of Mary or Marie? I never thought Alex and Mary had anything in common and maybe Marie and Mary would be better friends.

I think it's very sweet that he has his 2 sons be his best man...

Thanx for your helpful answers! So I keep on looking on the websites you told me about

No problem, but keep an eye out on the forums on May 17 and May 24 specifically in the Royal Weddings sub-forum here on TRF's. Perhaps you will then find more information and perhaps live feed from the Danish wedding on May 24.

I saw someone say that they didn't think Marie and Mary would be the best of friends, is that because of Mary or Marie? I never thought Alex and Mary had anything in common and maybe Marie and Mary would be better friends.
If all this bad blood and ill will for each other is true then Mary would do herself a disservice if she "chose" not to be friends with Marie...you know the saying, "Keep your friends close, but your enemies closer"...What advantage would it be to Mary to not encourage this relationship (between herself and Marie)...I think Mary's intentions and feelings of support, loyalty and guidance towards Marie are genuine...Why wouldn't they be? This isn't kindergarten when friends change daily and they have tantrums...they are adults and this is real life...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom