Lead-Up to Joachim and Marie's Wedding, 24th May 2008

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Who of the users of this board will be there on that day???

I would like to go to the wedding, but two weeks later I have my exams for my last year at school. So it is impossible for me to be there.

Are there any news about the wedding?

The reception will take place in the conference hall of the conference centre of the shoe manufacturer Ecco. A spokesperson for Ecco confirmed that guests will first go to the reception place to go through security, and then will be transported from there to the Church.

To me it seems odd to have the reception of a prince at the Ecco conference centre…*but what do I know...

I guess they're having it at the Bjerremark one: ECCO Center - Bjerremark, if they're going with appearance - because while the other one is looking very fresh and modern, I can't really see it as the centre of a wedding ECCO Center :ermm:

Marie og Joachim: Bryllupsfest på skofabrik

Another nice article with a poll which you can participate. Click here to read and scroll down until you see, "Skal du se det kongelige bryllup den 24. maj?" Chose Ja, Nej, or Ved ikke... it's your choice.:flowers:

The reception will take place in the conference hall of the conference centre of the shoe manufacturer Ecco. A spokesperson for Ecco confirmed that guests will first go to the reception place to go through security, and then will be transported from there to the Church.

To me it seems odd to have the reception of a prince at the Ecco conference centre…*but what do I know...

I guess they're having it at the Bjerremark one: ECCO Center - Bjerremark, if they're going with appearance - because while the other one is looking very fresh and modern, I can't really see it as the centre of a wedding ECCO Center :ermm:

It might have been discussed before, if so sorry, I must have missed it, but is there a guestlist available yet? I was quite curious in how far this would be a small-scale wedding or if many european royals will be present at this beautiful day.

I am asking me, if German TV stations will the marriage broadcast! Do you know something about it?

:eek:If it's that last one, they've got to be kidding! Unless the wedding is sponsored by Ecco Center financially, who on the planet would want to have their wedding reception at an ugly modern monstrosity like that?! Why don't they just hold the reception at their house?

Doesn't look like Edward and Sophie are attending either. But I could be wrong I've been surprised at how fast they can jump the pond before.

Doesn't look like Edward and Sophie are attending either. But I could be wrong I've been surprised at how fast they can jump the pond before.

How long is Sophie on maternity leave? At the moment she still is. If she she still at the date of the Wedding i don't think she would attend.

nobody had the all list of guests would be nice to know who else will attend.:flowers:

I'm afraid that like for Frederik and Mary's, the guest list will be released only on the wedding day...
Less than one month to go!:flowers:

Crown Prince Haakon, Crown Princess Mette-Marit, HH Princess Märtha Louise and Mr. Ari Behn will attend the wedding and represent Norway.

Source

I'm afraid that like for Frederik and Mary's, the guest list will be released only on the wedding day...
Less than one month to go!:flowers:

Really? I didn't remember that about Fred and Mary's wedding. Thanks for the info. Do we have any idea though if any heads of state will be present? (other than Norway, thanks for the info HerMajesty)

Wedding fever, or lack of it compared to the Crown Prince couple wedding, is now officially upon us. TV2 can a nice over-the-top logo on their site now including an interview with Jim Lyngvild (co-author of the book Mary: Princess with Style) and Mette N. regarding Marie. God bless Jim, but honey lay off the giant jewelry and grow your hair out... Anyway, click [URL="http://nyhederne.tv2.dk/kongelig/video/index.php/nodeId-11338485.html"]here [/URL]to watch the video. It's pretty good so enjoy.
*Credit should be given to Mitchell @ the CPMMB for originally finding this piece; so thank you very much, Mitchell!:flowers:

Last edited:
Yes, this is another Svensk Dam Tidning reference post. The Swedish magazine has uber wedding fever, and have decided to set up a page dedicated to the lovey-dovey [url=http://www.svenskdamtidning.se/Temp/imageresize/1548060645_57.jpg]couple[/URL] including all the articles about them on one page. Click [URL="http://www.svenskdamtidning.se/Sites/SvDam/Default____53611.aspx"]here[/URL] to read the various articles and to gaze at the giant photo of Joachim and Marie [url=http://www.svenskdamtidning.se/Temp/imageresize/1398540679_760.jpg]kissing[/URL]... again.:D:rolleyes:

Last edited:
Two further people who not attend the wedding: HM Queen Beatrix of the Netherlands and her daughter-in-law, HRH The Princess of Orange.

Het Koninklijk Huis

Two further people who not attend the wedding: HM Queen Beatrix of the Netherlands and her daughter-in-law, HRH The Princess of Orange.

Het Koninklijk Huis
It has been announced a while ago that the Dutch Royals will attend this Award Ceremony. I heard that this Award is actually quite an important engagement for the Dutch Royals.

I don't expect that many impressive royals (my opinion) to attend Joachim's second wedding. I mean, it will be nothing like the Crown Prince couple's wedding nor will it be like a second son's first wedding which ever royal it may be. Marie has made it clear that she wanted it to be a somewhat of a private affair and the guestlist may confirm this.

Once again, this is my silly opinion so please don't get too upset with it.:)

I don't expect that many impressive royals (my opinion) to attend Joachim's second wedding. I mean, it will be nothing like the Crown Prince couple's wedding nor will it be like a second son's first wedding which ever royal it may be. Marie has made it clear that she wanted it to be a somewhat of a private affair and the guestlist may confirm this.

Once again, this is my silly opinion so please don't get too upset with it.:)

It's not your silly opinion - its your opinion! ;) :flowers:

And it happens to be one I agree with

And I hope Marie does not ask her husband to design any more jewellery for her...I didn't like her engagement ring (liked the thought behind it but not the design)...and it makes me think of Edward and Sophie and that horrid necklace he designed for her...a black pearl cross? Totally tacky and garish...

Please Marie and Joachim, I am begging you to keep it simple and stylish...and that means absolutely no sleeveless wedding gown which is so common and not fit for a princess...she needs sleeves, even if they are short ones, just cover your shoulders, young lady ;)

And lastly I hope this post is in the right thread?

There will be a preview gala?

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom