Lead-Up to Joachim and Marie's Wedding, 24th May 2008

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
What are the "golden poppies"? I tried to find the answer in the thread, but could not. Does anyone have a picture?

:eek: Is that...thing...a tiara, jewels or an headpiece? It's just ugly and awful!!!

It certainly won't look good with a wedding gown..or any dress for that matter!

:eek: Is that...thing...a tiara, jewels or an headpiece? It's just ugly and awful!!!

It certainly won't look good with a wedding gown..or any dress for that matter!
^^ Now you understand! Marengo obviously has a rather..... ummm.... shall we say "dry" sense of humor. I can't think of much that poppy horror would go with, but a weddng dress is most certainly not on the list.

Cat

Goodness! What a nasty tiara...and are there earring to match?!

^^ Unfortunately yes, and they are no more appropriate for a bride than the golden poppy hair net tiara thingy. Is there a full moon or something. The Mods seem to be acting a bit strange.:rolleyes:

I think the golden poppies suit Queen Magrethe but I honestly couldn't see them on everyone else.

My goodness! Poor Marie - a golden poppy bride. Run for your life girl!:ohmy:

Uggghhhh...it looks like something that would be worn by one of the female cast members on "Star Trek". It is hideous!

Has anyone seen the Zhang Yimou film "The Curse of the Golden Flower"?

The Golden Poppies remind me of the hair ornaments used in that film about Imperial China.

See the GALLERY at this site

CURSE OF THE GOLDEN FLOWER || SONY PICTURES CLASSICS

I think the only person who could have worn Queen Margrthe's golden poppies to good effect was Countess Alexandra of Frederiksborg. She would have carried them well with her oriental features.

Last edited:

Oh my, no one could hate poor Marie that much---rather garish don't you think. The only other human that could pull this off (other than Queen Margrethe is CP Maxima----actually just about anything she wears somehow looks good on her-------------------I do hope that the Tiara (probably purchased) will take in Marie's size and coloring so that it will suit her.

I have to agree with Janet, isn't the engagement ring bad enough? Do we have to saddle her with the poppies as well? Can't Marie have a lovely tiara for her wedding, something delicate and tasteful....

Cat

LadyCat said:
isn't the engagement ring bad enough?
I actually like the idea of the ring.. with the french flagg in it. I don't think it's that bad.

Can't Marie have a lovely tiara for her wedding, something delicate and tasteful....
I am 1000% sure she will. ;)

I love the idea of the ring but not the execution/design. Though if Marie is happy with it, who am I to judge?:)

Cat

Is there a picture of this ring? I would love to see it, although, it sounds really hideous.

I have to agree with Janet, isn't the engagement ring bad enough? Do we have to saddle her with the poppies as well? Can't Marie have a lovely tiara for her wedding, something delicate and tasteful....

Cat

Well, though Marie seems to enjoy a good laugh I think she won't go as far as wearing the poppies, sadly ;). I am hoping for a new tiara too, though I hope it will be somewhat more substantial than the one Mary received (and let alone poor Claire of Belgium).

I was wondering, does anybody know if the veil of Countess Alexandra was from the Danish RF? Mary wore the gorgeous one of Queen Ingrid but maybe the Danish RF have some fabrics/ other veils stored somewhere?

Well, though Marie seems to enjoy a good laugh I think she won't go as far as wearing the poppies, sadly ;). I am hoping for a new tiara too, though I hope it will be somewhat more substantial than the one Mary received (and let alone poor Claire of Belgium).

I was wondering, does anybody know if the veil of Countess Alexandra was from the Danish RF? Mary wore the gorgeous one of Queen Ingrid but maybe the Danish RF have some fabrics/ other veils stored somewhere?

Alexandra's veil was a new one - made by Jørgen Bender.

I like Mary's wedding tiara without the veil. I think it just didn't play well against the white of the veil. I'm sure Marie will receive something equally tasteful that will also work well for gala events after her marriage. Anything but, please, not those awful poppies!!!! I would need more than a good sense of humor to wear that at my wedding. A valium or two at the very least!:D

Cat

Well, Alexandra did get something with royal provenance and Mary did already use the divine ruby parure, which came from the Beauharnais' so...

But Margrethe doesn't have that many uncoloured tiara's left, so getting one from an auction might be the wisest (and done before). But just let us envision the golden poppies on a wedding dress.... wouldn't that be ...uhm...interesting? ;)

Ahh, but the ruby parure was bequethed from Queen Ingrid to the Crown Prince. It was never going to be a wedding suite.

The Danish collection is quite small in comparison to other houses, and I don't think there's really anything we haven't already seen and Alexandra scored that gorgeous Queen Alexandrine diamond drop tiara which was probably the last 'freed up' tiara in the collection. Hence why Mary's wedding tiara most likely had to be bought at auction.

Or, perhaps they wished to start a new tradition with a new tiara? Quite possible, also.

Last edited:
I believe we all know that Marie's tiara will most likely be bought at auction, but if the Queen should give her a tiara, I would love to see Marie in one of these:

One and two.

I believe we all know that Marie's tiara will most likely be bought at auction, but if the Queen should give her a tiara, I would love to see Marie in one of these:

One and two.

GT, are they the Emerald Parure and the Pearl and Diamond Parure? Because if they are, I'm pretty sure only Queens/Queen Consorts can wear them

I just thought those two were beautiful and I love to see them on Marie:)

Last edited:
They probably would - especially the emerald one, against her dark hair. If only....:)

so Mary's tiara at her wedding from who was??

Cat

I'd love to see Maxima with the poppies, though. She is the only one of the current princesses that I can imagine pulling that stunt.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom