Joachim & Marie's 2nd Baby - Guess the Name & Gender

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

What will be the gender of Joachim & Marie's 2nd baby?

• Boy - It runs in the family!

Votes: 26 18.3%
  • Girl - Isabella and Josephine need a comrade to tackle the boys!

Votes: 93 65.5%
  • Twins (One of each) - It happened last year...

Votes: 3 2.1%
  • As long as the baby is healthy, it doesn't matter!

Votes: 20 14.1%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
Why Prince Henrik's name was a surprise?
Julie and Josephine would be great for the little one, IMO.:blush:

I didn't expect that name, mostly because I find it rather confusing when people have the same names, but also because Henrik isn't particularly popular here in Denmark.
I think both Isabella and Josephine can be ruled out to avoid any confusion.

I didn't expect that name, mostly because I find it rather confusing when people have the same names, but also because Henrik isn't particularly popular here in Denmark.
I think both Isabella and Josephine can be ruled out to avoid any confusion.
As I understood, you are from Copenhagen, so would please tell us which female names are popular in Denmark now? Maybe we can guess little Princess' name :)

As I understood, you are from Copenhagen, so would please tell us which female names are popular in Denmark now? Maybe we can guess little Princess' name :)

I'll redirect you to this post by bluestocking, I think this is the most recent poll made on the most popular girls names in Denmark right now :flowers:

The top 10 names for Denmark in 2011 were Emma, Isabella, Laura, Ida, Clara, Sofie, Mathilde, Freja, Anna and Sofia.

Also in the top 25: Caroline, Lærke, Maja, Josefine, Liva, Alberte, Karla, Victoria, Sarah, Emilie, Mille, Olivia, Alma, Frida, Julie.

Sounds to me more like the name of a dairy cow, than a HRH Princess of Denmark,

Actually that would be Maren Malkeko = milk-cow.

Clara reminds me of an egg-laying hen. - As in Klara Kluk, for those DK members who read Donald Duck.;)

I have just read a post by Muhler in another thread,
'Her parents returned home during the weekend, so Marie celebrated her birthday with Joachim, bette Henrik and little Piaf.'
Pardon my ignorance but is Piaf the little Princess' name or is it a name used for a girl, princess, daughter etc :flowers:
Thanks

Her actual name will not be announced until she is christened in 3-4 months.

I have just read a post by Muhler in another thread,
'Her parents returned home during the weekend, so Marie celebrated her birthday with Joachim, bette Henrik and little Piaf.'
Pardon my ignorance but is Piaf the little Princess' name or is it a name used for a girl, princess, daughter etc :flowers:
Thanks

Piaf is just my temporary nickname for the little new Princess.

Inspired by Edith Piaf, it means sparrow, alternatively little bird.

Piaf is just my temporary nickname for the little new Princess.

Inspired by Edith Piaf, it means sparrow, alternatively little bird.

Of course, I knew that there would be a logical explanation. Thanks Muhler :whistling:

The more I think about it, the more Julie seems like the perfect name for me. I only hope they figure that out as well. :lol:

It is easily used in both Danish, French and English.
(And it has J from Joachim and ie from Marie :ROFLMAO: )

She surely will have one French name.
It's a pity that her father does not have one (her uncle has Andre as second)

I've always thought that Joachim was somewhat of a French-ish name, but I might be mistaking.

I've always thought that Joachim was somewhat of a French-ish name, but I might be mistaking.

Wasn't Joachim the name of Jesus' grandfather?

Correction. He was Virgin Mary's father.

Last edited:
A boy is nice but I would like to see them have a girl being there is not that many young
princesses in this royal house.

A boy is nice but I would like to see them have a girl being there is not that many young

Joachim and Marie had a girl, almost a month ago.

Not sure what you mean. They actually did have a baby princess about a month ago.

Good thanks for the information.
And also to NGalitizine I did not that know they had the baby already being they had a girl so I'm late when comes to this information.

Last edited by a moderator:
I thought that Christian could go for both french and danish :ermm:

Nikolai is not a short name; it has three syllables:NI-CO-LAI (the last one is a diphtong, I suppose)

I was wondering if the Danes share the baby's name amongst the other royal families. (i.e., the Swedish family?)

With the waiting period for the christening they might run the risk of another royal naming their child and "using" the name that was chosen, as might be the case now that Princess Victoria has had a daughter :) (Obviously the risk would be a small one as I am sure as both families have different tastes but it could still be possible)

Maybe she will be called Anne Marie after her aunt and mother? Sounds French too!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom