Joachim & Marie's 2nd Baby - Guess the Name & Gender

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

What will be the gender of Joachim & Marie's 2nd baby?

• Boy - It runs in the family!

Votes: 26 18.3%
  • Girl - Isabella and Josephine need a comrade to tackle the boys!

Votes: 93 65.5%
  • Twins (One of each) - It happened last year...

Votes: 3 2.1%
  • As long as the baby is healthy, it doesn't matter!

Votes: 20 14.1%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
I think Emma Marie is simple and pretty.

I hope she will be named after Marie.

Or Margaritha

What is the name of the mother of Marie?

Last edited by a moderator:
How about Marguerite, the french form of Margrethe? Since Henrik is named after his grandpa it would be nice if the new princess would be named after her grandma. Especially if she is born in QMII jubilee year. But a Henrik and a Margrethe would be to much IMO. Therefore Marguerite.

How about Marguerite, the french form of Margrethe? Since Henrik is named after his grandpa it would be nice if the new princess would be named after her grandma. Especially if she is born in QMII jubilee year. But a Henrik and a Margrethe would be to much IMO. Therefore Marguerite.

Or Daisy ;)
It wouldn't surprise me though, but I agree not a 'Margrethe', that would be a bit too tacky.

Last edited:
Daisy would be a nice name.

The christening of Henrik took place at a sunday.

So about 2,5 month: 1st April, 8th April or 15th April?

Marys and Freds twins were born on 8th January and were christened on 14th April. So some day around middle to end April could be the christening day.

But Henrik was born on 4th May and christened on 26th July. That's around 2 months and three weeks. That would be 1st April.

A guess from me, who only got Christian right. :whistling:

First name: A name that is common in both French and Danish, like Cecilie or Sophie.
Second name: A name in honour of a maternal relative, like Odile or Francoise. - I really like Francoise but I'm almost certain it will be Odile.
Third name: The joker. I have no idea, it could be anything. Perhaps named after PH's mother? Are there any names that are somehow linked to Southern Jutland? Or Apple perhaps...?
Fourth name: A royal name, just in case, and at the same time honuring the paternal side, like Margrethe, Alexandrine or Ingrid.

Cecilie Odile Apple Alexandrine....;)

Last edited:
Maybe they will include Frederikke in the name, as the little princess was born at the 300th birtday of the Prussian King Friedrich der Große!

Daisy would be a nice name.

The christening of Henrik took place at a sunday.

But Henrik was born on 4th May and christened on 26th July. That's around 2 months and three weeks. That would be 1st April.

A christening on April Fools day? I hope not. I also hope no christening on the 8th either, as I will be busy celebrating my own birthday and i'll miss the naming. :sad: When Henrik was christened I was abroad and had to hijack a friends internet in the early hours of the morning to catch the name.

Philippa maybe? I might be mistaking, but I believe we once had a Queen with that name.

I too am pretty certain that Odile will be somewhere in the name to honour Marie's grandmother. Along with either Margrethe or Ingrid in case something should happen and she'd need a more "royal" name.

So far I will call her Bitten. It means "the little".

For some reason the name Julie just won't get out of my head. Or maybe Sarah, Elisa or Asta..

Julie Agathe Margrethe Marie

Last edited:
If you look at Henrik's names you can see that Joachim and Marie have chosen names after his paternal grandfather, a common Danish royal name, after his father and after his maternal grandfather = Henrik Carl Joachim Alain.

I think that Joachim and Marie will chose the names for the new princess in the same way. One from the paternal side, one from the maternal side, one common Danish royal name wich is also common in French and then after Marie. I am certain that the will use Margrethe, to honur the Queen. And I hope that they will use Marie and Francoise or Odile. I really hope that her first name won't be Margrethe. It feels a little bit weird with the combo Henrik and Margrethe.

Some suggestions:

Sophie Marie Francoise Margrethe
Louise Marie Francoise Margrethe
Emilie Marie Francoise Margrethe
Cecilie Marie Francoise Margrethe

Sophie Marie Odile Margrethe
Louise Marie Odile Margrethe
Emilie Marie Odile Margrethe
Cecilie Marie Odile Margrethe

If you look at Henrik's names you can see that Joachim and Marie have chosen names after his paternal grandfather, a common Danish royal name, after his father and after his maternal grandfather = Henrik Carl Joachim Alain.

I think that Joachim and Marie will chose the names for the new princess in the same way. One from the paternal side, one from the maternal side, one common Danish royal name wich is also common in French and then after Marie. I am certain that the will use Margrethe, to honur the Queen. And I hope that they will use Marie and Francoise or Odile. I really hope that her first name won't be Margrethe. It feels a little bit weird with the combo Henrik and Margrethe.

Some suggestions:

Now I really like Emilie Marie for the first two names!

Grandduchess24 said:
A little princess would be nice, after 3 princes as for the name maybe margarethe Ingrid Marie or just a combination of French and Danish names along with the name of the godparent.

I was right:D a princess it is for Joachim and Marie :: Danish flag::

I think her first name will be a common-ish royal name that'll go well with Nikolai, Felix and Henrik like Dagmar, Caroline, Amalie, Philippa, Sofia, Louise (maybe even Daisy).

Very nice news! :flowers:

I guessed it right, as most of you did - it's a girl :)

My two guesses:
Margrethe Emma Ingrid Odile
Emma Louise Margrethe Francoise

Godparents:
- Gregory Grandet
- Edouard Cavallier
- Gustav of Sayn-Wittgenstein-Berleburg
- 2 more friends, possible: Henriette Steenstrup or Agente Arnø or Caroline Fleming

It feels a little bit weird with the combo Henrik and Margrethe.

We have that several times in the family: brother and sister sharing the name of the respective grand-parent. Kind of tradition - and I am glad I really like my grandmum's name... Not sure about Big Bros, though.... :whistling:

I like Ingrid.

What about:

Xenia Francoise Margrethe Odile

Love the combo of Henrik and Xenia with Nikolai and Felix...great set!

Princess Xenia? No thanks, middle name certainly. But it does mean foreigner, strange/stranger.

What about:

Xenia Francoise Margrethe Odile

Love the combo of Henrik and Xenia with Nikolai and Felix...great set!

If they had given Henrik a Russian-ish name, I'd have been all for Xenia. Then all of the children would've had Russian-ish names.

I hope she gets a French sounding name to honor her mothers family. I love the idea of Marguerite! Also Maybe Marie-Louise or Marie-Sophie. I've been wishing for years to have a little Thyra in the family but I doubt very much I'll get my wish:sad:

I hope she gets a French sounding name to honor her mothers family.
I hope so too. It would also honour the princess' father and grandfather's heritage (Prince Joachim is half-French).

She'll be 10th in line for the throne, and Princes Nikolai and Felix do not conform to traditional Danish Royal names either. I'm hoping for Amelie or something along that line.

Some suggestions:

I love the name Cecilie, it's delicate and traditional, so I will plump for Princess Cecilie Marie Odile Margrethe!

I never get this guessing the name right but I have picked a few French type names.

Sophie, Genevieve, Antoinette, Amelie, Charlotte, Beatrice, Helene, Juliet.

I would never have guessed the names Mary and Frederik chose for their daughters so I am sure I will be equally surprised by the names Marie and Joachim select for their little princess

Some suggestions:

Your guesses are very similar to my own! I had also picked Cecilie, Louise and Sophie with some combination of those middle names. I hope we are right!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom