Joachim & Marie's 2nd Baby - Guess the Name & Gender

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

What will be the gender of Joachim & Marie's 2nd baby?

• Boy - It runs in the family!

Votes: 26 18.3%
  • Girl - Isabella and Josephine need a comrade to tackle the boys!

Votes: 93 65.5%
  • Twins (One of each) - It happened last year...

Votes: 3 2.1%
  • As long as the baby is healthy, it doesn't matter!

Votes: 20 14.1%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
Well now at least Astrid is still open for Joachim and Marie to call their daughter.

Maybe she will be called Anne Marie after her aunt and mother? Sounds French too!

I think the fact Joachim's Aunt is in fact Anne-Marie, that they wouldn't use both. I could be wrong.

I could see though Anna _______ as it was quite traditional in the past for the double name. Perhaps a way of including one of Marie's more French names into the first name, without leaving Denmark behind.

Anna-Francoise Odile Dagmar Margarethe

There are so many lovely girls names out there, not necessarily derived from France but are quite popular in Europe. My cousins are half french and one of them is called Claudia. Princess Claudia sounds nice. Though I am not good at guessing names as I figured Louise would be in Princess Victoria's daugther's name.

The day she was born,I made my final guess but then I realized that the name won't be out for some time! Oh well,back to guessing! Maybe they will name her Ingrid Marie Francoise Margarethe.

I'll throw my two cents into the pot.

Ingrid Charlotte Benedikte Francoise

I'm guessing at Victoria Margrethe Renée Francoise

I think it is extremely likely Marie or Mary will be one of the names.
Since Prince Henrik's name was an obvious tribute to the Prince Consort, it is likely the baby girl's name will be a tribute to the Queen. Her Majesty's full name is Margrethe Alexandrine Thorhildur Ingrid; Margrethe and Ingrid are among the names o Princess Isabella, so are unlikly to be included in the little Princess's names. Thorhildur, while a fascinating name, is unlikely to feature either, which leaves Alexandrine - a beautiful and regal name. One of the baby's middle names is also likely to honour her maternal grandmother, Francoise.

My guess would be Alexandrine Marie Renee Francoise.
Alexandrine - in honour of the baby's paternal grandmother.
Marie (or Mary) - in honour of the baby's mother and aunt.
Renee - in honour of the baby's paternal great-grandmother (Prince Henrik's mother).
Francoise - in honour of the baby's maternal grandmother.

Alexandrine may be a bit too close to Joachim's ex wife's name.

Alexandrine may be a bit too close to Joachim's ex wife's name.

Fair enough. I suppose they could play with the order of the names though:
Francoise Marie Renee Alexandrine

I would really like the name Ingrid for the little Princess.

Maybe she will be called Anne Marie after her aunt and mother? Sounds French too!
Or "Marianne" which is the name of the national symbol of France...

After this desaster in Sweden I´m already afraid to hear the name....:cool:

I wasn't expecting a name like Estelle for Victoria's baby girl, but each set of parents is different. Obviously, the name means something close to the heart to them. So Princess Estelle it is. I hope that Marie and Joachim give the baby girl something beautiful....I like Charlotte, maybe even Gabrielle something beautiful and French. I don't think the J&M have to really focus on the importance of naming their children traditional family names, but they do pay their respects to members of the Danish Royals. Whatever they choose will be great I'm sure.

When are we going to find out the new Princess name ?

When are we going to find out the new Princess name ?

At her Christening. :)

So I decided to do a bit of a count, only including the girls name obviously. ;)

Margrethe/Marguerite - 16
Charlotte - 13
Louise/Lovisa/Louisa - 11
Ingrid - 11
Sophie/a - 9
Amelie/a - 9
Thyra - 8
Alexandrine - 7
Marie - 6
Julie/t/Juliette - 6
Emma - 5
Francoise - 5
Victoria - 4
Astrid - 4
Dagmar - 4
Anneke/Annika/Aneke - 3
Xenia - 3
Renee - 3
Daisy - 3
Olivia - 3
Anna/e - 3
Jacqueline - 3
Mathilde - 3
Phillipa - 3
Ceile - 3
Beatrice - 3
Marianne - 2
Agatha - 2
Emile - 2
Dorothea - 2
Margot - 2
Odile - 2
Helene/a - 2
Rose - 2
Anneliese - 1
Isabella/a - 1
Antoinette - 1
Genevieve - 1
Alice - 1
Agnes - 1
Adelheid - 1
Fransica - 1
Anastasia - 1
Elodie - 1
Eugenie - 1
Eleanora - 1
Luna - 1
Nathalie - 1
Adelaide - 1

- I would love Antoinette.

Last edited by a moderator:
Clementine

Celia

Rebecka

Julia

Emilia

Clara

Ellinor

Nina

Mia

I don't know how many times I've posted a name only to be sooo wrong, but what the heck, I'm going to try again....:flowers:
I hope they go in a completely different direction since chances of this little Princess being anything but a member of the extended royal family are so slim.
I would love to see:
1. Charlotte Maria Daisy Francoise
2. Gabriella Daisy Renee Francesca
3. Daisy Emma Ingrid Maude
4. Amelia Ingrid Daisy Renee
5. Julianna Ingrid Margrethe Marie

I expect that the christening date will be announced one of this days.
They are rather late this time
Nicolai born 28-8 announcement 23-9
Felix born 22-7 announcement 5-8
Christian born 15-10 announcement 14-11
Isabella born 21-4 announcement 27-4
Henrik born 4-5 announcement 29-5
Vincent and Josephine born 8-1 announcement 11-2

I'm with Hans-Rickard (#256) about the name Renée - Joachim's paternal grandmothers name. It's a beautiful name and I would like to see that as one of the little girl's names.
I do hope they will honour Marie's French heritage in their choice of names.

How many of us guessed right the name Josephine last time when we played the guessing game ? As far as I remember...none. I think they'll surprise us again. I love the old Scandinavian or German regal names such as Hildegard, Richenza, Astrid, Ingeborg, Irmgard, Sunniva,Ludwina. My choice for the prettiest French names: Jacqueline, Charlotte, Segolene, Blanche, Melisende, Elodie.

Hildegard Renee Jacqueline
Ingeborg Blanche Marie
Astrid Jacqueline Margrethe (my favourite)

How many of us guessed right the name Josephine last time when we played the guessing game ? As far as I remember...none. I think they'll surprise us again.

Well Mary and Frederik won't be naming this baby, so they won't be surprising us. I think quite a lot of people guessed Joachim and Marie's son's name however.

I expect that the christening date will be announced one of this days.
They are rather late this time
Nicolai born 28-8 announcement 23-9
Felix born 22-7 announcement 5-8
Christian born 15-10 announcement 14-11
Isabella born 21-4 announcement 27-4
Henrik born 4-5 announcement 29-5
Vincent and Josephine born 8-1 announcement 11-2

Thank you for your date postings, this would mean an announcement very soon as our little princesses christening/public naming date~

Well Mary and Frederik won't be naming this baby, so they won't be surprising us. I think quite a lot of people guessed Joachim and Marie's son's name however.
Well, I didn't actually mean they will pick a name. My remark pertained to the royal family in general.

Not so sure about that one.

I don't there were that many who had guessed Felix.

I don't think many people had guessed the first name of any of Prince Joachim's sons.

I think it is extremely likely Marie or Mary will be one of the names.
Margrethe and Ingrid are among the names o Princess Isabella, so are unlikly to be included in the little Princess's names.

Well I don't know about that. Henrik is one of Prince Felix's names, yet it was used as the first name for his little brother.
If they do not care about using the same name for two of Prince Joachim's sons, I doubt they would care about using a name belonging to Baby Princess' cousin.

The wait is starting to drive me crazy really (even though I love this tradition), but what will we do when she has her name? There are no more royal babies to guess...

Pardon my silliness but are they waiting for Sweden to announce their christening date before they announce theirs? Or maybe they have a big disagreement with the name, IDK... I'm just waiting to hear something about their latest addition to the family. So far it's just been endlessly waiting, waiting, waiting...

Pardon my silliness but are they waiting
for Sweden to announce their christening date before they announce theirs?...
Catharina it's not silly - on the contrary, I'd be very surprised if there were no attendance from Denmark.

I'm just waiting to hear something about their latest addition to the family. So far it's just been endlessly
waiting, waiting, waiting...
And the waiting time seems endless now that the Swedes announced
the names the day after Pcs. Estelle's birth! Even the Danes could do
so if they wished; they could announce the name immediately after
the birth as most Danish parents do these days.
It's hard to change old habits especially when the Danes are used to
a six month deadline for reporting a child's name to the authorities
AND often leaving it to coincide with the baptism.
Strange really, people often complain about the standardisation of laws
& regulations within the EU, but this has evaded attention of Brussels bureaucrats so far:whistling:
Oh and by the way, according to Billed Bladet the Joachims have been down with colds and flus!

viv

Last edited:
How many of us guessed right the name Josephine last time when we played the guessing game ? As far as I remember...none. I think they'll surprise us again. I love the old Scandinavian or German regal names such as Hildegard, Richenza, Astrid, Ingeborg, Irmgard, Sunniva,Ludwina. My choice for the prettiest French names: Jacqueline, Charlotte, Segolene, Blanche, Melisende, Elodie.

Hildegard Renee Jacqueline
Ingeborg Blanche Marie
Astrid Jacqueline Margrethe (my favourite)

I did (Josefine):http://www.theroyalforums.com/forums/f32/name-and-godparent-suggestions-for-the-twins-28361-72.html

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom