Joachim & Marie's 2nd Baby - Guess the Name & Gender

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

What will be the gender of Joachim & Marie's 2nd baby?

• Boy - It runs in the family!

Votes: 26 18.3%
  • Girl - Isabella and Josephine need a comrade to tackle the boys!

Votes: 93 65.5%
  • Twins (One of each) - It happened last year...

Votes: 3 2.1%
  • As long as the baby is healthy, it doesn't matter!

Votes: 20 14.1%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
Louisa Odile Thyra Ingrid (Loti for short!)

More name guesses!

Thyra Marguerite Ingrid Francoise
Caroline-Lovisa Amalie Elisabeth
Merete Odile Charlotte Ingrid

My guess is Dagmar Margrethe Ingrid Francoise.

Leslie2006 said:
More name guesses!

Caroline-Lovisa Amalie Elisabeth
Merete Odile Charlotte Ingrid

I love the first one too! I'm afraid they won't choose Thyra for the first name but I hope they would! I also like Dagmar, but not with Margrethe/Marguerite as second name (too many 'mar's after another). ;)

Last edited:
Alexandrine Thyra Odile Margot, but it would be fun if they used the name Pearl as Margaret means pearl in Greek.

Any suggestions for a temporary name for the new Princess?

I've heard Lilleprinsessen, Lilyprincess, Bitten, Piaf (yes, that's mine) and today Tornerose = Sleeping Beauty (Actually tornerose means thorns of the rose or thornrose if you like).

Last edited:

I've heard Lilleprinsessen, Lilyprincess, Bitten, Piaf (yes, that's mine) and today Tornerose = Sleeping Beauty (Actually tornerose means thorns of the rose or thornrose if you like).

How about daddysdarling?

Or maybe we should take P Joachim's suggestion and call her Jo.
(which could be short for Joachim as her daddy seems so in love). :lol:

Or maybe we should take P Joachim's suggestion and call her Jo.
(which could be short for Joachim as her daddy seems so in love). :lol:
Which actually is Job from the Told Testament... A boys name :whistling:

Oh well she's most definitely a Bette/Betty to me because she's so tiny and adorable. I will say though, Tornerose is a suitable name too :ROFLMAO:

Alexandrine Thyra Odile Margot, but it would be fun if they used the name Pearl as Margaret means pearl in Greek.

I think they will not use Alexandrine - too similar to that of Joachim's former wife; if I were in Marie's shoes, I would not agree.

Louise Odile Daisy Marie
Victoria Ingrid Marguerite Odile
Astrid Dagmar Odile Margareta
Sofia Margrethe Odile Marie
Caroline Ingrid Daisy Odile
Amalie Francoise Odile Margrethe

It's almost impossible to guess. The only names I've ever guessed right was Christian (well duh), Isabella's Henrietta Ingrid Margrethe and I believe I did suggest Josephine for the little twin Princess. I think Joachim and Marie will surprise us with little Betty's name.

Time for a new poll perhaps?

Guess or vote for the first name of the little new Princess.

Since we know that our Marie speaks French to bette Henrik and Joachim Danish and that the little new Piaf is likely to be exposed to a lot of French speaking family members, I firmly believe it will be a name that is both French and Danish (and can be easily pronounced in both languages). So no Silvie or Maren.

The temporary names so far are:
Bitten,
Bette,
Betty,
Daddys-darling,
Piaf,
Tornerose/Sleeping Beauty,
Lily-princess,
Lilleprinsessen.

What have we got as the first name that is fairly common in both languages?
Cecilie,
Sophie/Sophia
Amalie,
Dagmar,
Louise/Louisa,
Caroline/Carolina,
Masha/Masja,
Linda,
Emilie/Emilia,
Charlotte/Charlotta,
Nicoline,
Benedikte,
Beate,
Beatrice,
Irene,
Lilly/Lilli,
Betty,
Marianne,
Vivian,
Yvette/Yvonne,
Julie/Julia,
Juliette,
Leonora,
Natasja/Natacha,
Dora,
Katja,
Katerina,
(insert your own suggestion)...

Last edited:
I would love
Margarethe Ingrid Marie
Amalie Mary Margarethe
Ingrid Marie odelie Margarethe
Ingrid Mary Amalie

I would love them to use a name using these requirements:

1. Not used by any contemporary royal at the moment (that discounts Charlotte, Beatrice, Eugenie, Louise, etc)
2. French and Danish interchangeable

I actually like a combo suggested by someone a few posts back:

Thyra - old Danish royal name
Marguerite - french form of Margrethe, danish grandmother
Ingrid - little ones great-grandmother
Francoise - little ones French gandmother

I can't wait to find out her name. I thought having to wait 2 weeks for Edward and Sophie's daughter Lady Louise Windsor's name was a long wait, but 3 months is AGES!

I am sure they will choose a suitable name for their suitably adorable little Princess. She had such a cute button nose. I like the idea of Sophie/Sophia as it is such a beautiful name, but we shall have to see.

Actually I don't think it matters much to Joachim and Marie if some other royal is named the name they wanna call little Bette. It's not my impression that they are particularly close to any other royal families than the families of QMII's sisters. So I think they'll just chose a name they like for her. I hope they'll chose a name that isn't used in any royal family atm though, it's so confusing when royals name their children the same.

It wasn't the issue of closeness that I was getting at, it was the issue of originality...I think they will want something royal, Danish/French and not used by any other royal kids throughout Europe...I know that is a tough task, given the amount of royal kids at the moment, but they will find something...Maybe old Danish, like Thyra or Dagmar, past (obscure) royals like Xenia, Anastasia, Antoinette,some French/Danish crossover like Amelie or Dorothe it is just hard to know because they have a massive pool of names to choose from and that will have meaning to them and honour both families and both heritages...and continue the royal traditions...

The temporary names so far are:
Bitten,
Bette,
Betty,
Vivi,
Daddys-darling,
Piaf,
Tornerose/Sleeping Beauty,
Lily-princess,
Lilleprinsessen
How about "Bettepigen", perhaps pronounced "Bet´pi´en"? :flowers:

Just did a bit of research on descendents of Queen Ingrid and found the names: Augusta and Alice...so my list of possibilities is growing:

Augusta
Alice
Thyra
Xenia
Dagmar
Amelie

A-names are looking like a real possibility:

Alice Marguerite Francoise Odile

Nikolai, Felix, Henrik and Alice is a lovely set of siblings ;)

Which actually is Job from the Told Testament... A boys name :whistling:

Erm. No?
Jo is allowed as a girl's name in DK. About 170 danish females have that name right now.
It's a short version of names like Josefine, Joanne, Johanna...

Erm. No?
Jo is allowed as a girl's name in DK. About 170 danish females have that name right now.
It's a short version of names like Josefine, Joanne, Johanna...
As far as I heard Prince Joachim said it (and some media referred to it) then he said Job and not Jo :flowers:

I love the name Juliette,it's very french and it's short version can be Ju.I think it's possible to be used.My other suggestions are: Margrethe,Ingrid,Sophie and Louisa.

Juliette Margrethe Louisa Ingrid

As far as I heard Prince Joachim said it (and some media referred to it) then he said Job and not Jo :flowers:

Why in the world would he mention a boy name as a possible name for Baby Princess?
Tv2 heard it as Jo "Alt mellem Jo og Scheherazade" - TV 2 Nyhederne as did BB (and me ;) )

Anyway. No reason to discuss it. I doubt either Jo or Job will be the name of Baby Princess. :flowers:

I love the name Juliette,it's very french and it's short version can be Ju.I think it's possible to be used.My other suggestions are: Margrethe,Ingrid,Sophie and Louisa.

Juliette Margrethe Louisa Ingrid

Juliette, no. Margrethe: too old. Sophie yes!! Louisa also

I am 99.9% sure that Francoise and Margrethe will be middle names.

I like these names (combinations):

Agnesa Francoise Margareta Marie (or Agneta, but I do not know if it is a Danish version of Agnes)
Julie Margareta Francoise Marie
Annabella (or -e) Margareta Francoise Marie
Anastasia Francoise Margrethe Marie
Carolina Marie Francoise Margrethe

But I think Marie and Joachim will be suprising us. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom