Joachim & Marie's 2nd Baby - Guess the Name & Gender

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

What will be the gender of Joachim & Marie's 2nd baby?

• Boy - It runs in the family!

Votes: 26 18.3%
  • Girl - Isabella and Josephine need a comrade to tackle the boys!

Votes: 93 65.5%
  • Twins (One of each) - It happened last year...

Votes: 3 2.1%
  • As long as the baby is healthy, it doesn't matter!

Votes: 20 14.1%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
I know its tradition but its a ridiculous amount of time to find out a babys name I dont see any point in it. She is a very cute baby though. :)

The baptism for the princess is very soon! Can't wait to read what they named their little girl and who the godparents are.

Why do the Danish wait so long to release names? I thought waiting two weeks for Lady Louise's name was long, but this is unreal!

:previous:
If the baby's name is said aloud before christening (before he/she is under divine protection), that might bring bad luck or let evil forces harm the baby in some way.
It's just a very old tradition; the wait is a bit long, but I do love customs like this one. :)

i dont like the long wait either, BUT this makes the christenings far more interesting and i watch them full until the end.

i dont know if this was posted,but can someone give a link to the website that will stream online live the christening? for us, who are not danish

I think that everything went relatively quick with the twins last year and I wasn't annoyed by the tradition, but this has just felt like forever for some reason. I normally do like the tradition of keeping the name a secret until the christening, it builds up this excitement and anticipation.

:previous:
If the baby's name is said aloud before christening (before he/she is under divine protection), that might bring bad luck or let evil forces harm the baby in some way.
It's just a very old tradition; the wait is a bit long, but I do love customs like this one. :)

So this means that even betwen them the parents do not call the baby with her name?

So this means that even betwen them the parents do not call the baby with her name?
If I'm not mistaken (and hopefully one of our Danish members will correct me if I am), the traditions dictates that parents can call their baby by name, but only when they are alone and not in presence of other people, including family members. Of course, I strongly doubt anyone follows that custom to a tee; more likely than not most members of the little Princess' family know her name and call her with it, unless they are in company of other people.

If I'm not mistaken (and hopefully one of our Danish members will correct me if I am), the traditions dictates that parents can call their baby by name, but only when they are alone and not in presence of other people, including family members. Of course, I strongly doubt anyone follows that custom to a tee; more likely than not most members of the little Princess' family know her name and call her with it, unless they are in company of other people.

Thanks

I doubt also that inside the RF, at least the Queen and Prince Henrik, are not aware and use her name!

Archduchess Zelia said:
I think that everything went relatively quick with the twins last year and I wasn't annoyed by the tradition, but this has just felt like forever for some reason. I normally do like the tradition of keeping the name a secret until the christening, it builds up this excitement and anticipation.

That's because Marie and Joachim decided to postpone the christening :) Usually there are three months between birth and christening, this Time it was more than four.

Why do the Danish wait so long to release names? I thought waiting two weeks for Lady Louise's name was long, but this is unreal!

That's a tradition going back centuries.

In the old days when infant mortality was very high, the christening was considered more important than the birth.

As such infants were baptized within a few days, ensuring that they belonged to the Christian faith, that they adhered to God.
Once that was done, you could breathe a sigh of relief. Should the child die, it would of course be sad, but at least the baby was sure to go to Heaven.
In the meantime the parents kept the name secret, lest the Devil should lure the child to him, by calling out the the child's name, before the child had been baptized.

In time infant mortallity fell and the christening became more of a festive affair, where friends, family and local dignitaries were invited to celebrate the whole thing. That took time to prepare, those invited needed to be asked and have time to arrive and so on.

As it is the weather is expected to be good on Sunday, giving us the opportunity to see some nice outdoor idyllic photos of the guests and the village.
Had the christening taken place a month ago, the weather would have been lousy.
So perhaps it's a good thing M&J postponed the whole thing a bit.

^yeah i remenber some parts of the tradition in a tv series Tess of the Dubervilles, it was set in England so im sure they had it long time ago too, however Denmark kept with the tradition until today.

There certainly has been a build up to this particular christening. A long wait to build suspense. I've always wondered about the timing Joachim and Co. have used to put themselves in the news.

There is quite a fuss about this event for TV2 and DR, too. Both channels are broadcasting all afternoon on Sunday. Billed Bladet is promising big coverage, too, with 24 pages (including coverage of Princess Estelle's christening). You could get the impression the littlest Schakenborg was further up the line of succession than number 10.

The name; Margrethe. Then they'll have the matched set. :)

Margrethe Odile Renee Marie

I have never heard that story, and it fades more and more. Most ppl in Denmark tells the name to friends and family rather soon after the child is born.

Last edited by a moderator:
I have never heard that story, and it fades more and more. Most ppl in Denmark tells the name to friends and family rather soon after the child is born.
I´ve heard it and you can read more about in the post by Muhler :flowers:
But true, the tradition has faded away :)

It is four month since she was born. So I also hope that within the family they already named the child and use its name. It is weird to say she or it all the time or to use nicknames or baby/baby girl instead.

My final guesses:
Greta Emma Francoise Odile
Clara Odile/Louise Margrethe Francoise
Margrethe Emma Ingrid Odile

and my final guess for godparents:
- Gregory Grandet
- Edouard Cavallier
- Gustav of Sayn-Wittgenstein-Berleburg
- 2 more friends, possible: Henriette Steenstrup or Agente Arnø or Caroline Fleming

Last edited:
My guess is the name Louise for this little girl!

I'm hoping for a Louis(a)/Sophie(a)/Cecily/Anna

I really hope they don't give her the first name Margrethe! Maybe as they named their son after Joachim's father, they will name her after Marie's mum and we'll have a Princess Francois!

Godparents: Marie's two other brothers and either Gustav or Nikolaus or even Daniel? For godmother I'm a bit stuck! Natalie von Berleburg maybe or friends of the couple.

Erik Norman Svendsen told a reporter that he hadn't seen ANY of the names coming.

It is four month since she was born. So I also hope that within the family they already named the child and use its name. It is weird to say she or it all the time or to use nicknames or baby/baby girl instead.

My final guesses:
Greta Emma Francoise Odile
Clara Odile/Louise Margrethe Francoise
Margrethe Emma Ingrid Odile

and my final guess for godparents:
- Gregory Grandet
- Edouard Cavallier
- Gustav of Sayn-Wittgenstein-Berleburg
- 2 more friends, possible: Henriette Steenstrup or Agente Arnø or Caroline Fleming
I was right with
Hr. Gregory Grandet :)
Hr. Edouard Cavallier :)
Fr. Henriette Steenstrup :)

Fr. Carina Axelsson instead of Gustav of Sayn-Wittgenstein-Berleburg is a good choice.
I have no idea who Fr. Julie Mirabaud and Hr. Diego de Lavandeyra are.

So still waiting for the names.

I have no idea who Fr. Julie Mirabaud and Hr. Diego de Lavandeyra are.
Julie Mirabaud is one of Marie's best friends back from their school days.
Diego de Lavandeyra is a close friend of Prince Joachim, as well as Prince Gustav.

The names of the little Princess:
Athena Marguerite Françoise Marie

Athena - her very own unique name
Marguerite - after her paternal grandmother
Françoise - after her maternal grandmother
Marie - after her mother.

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom