General News about Joachim, Marie and Family Part 6: January 2021 - December 2023

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I do wonder how much of that was by choice to be honest. I think there may have been more court politics involved that we know. Joachim seemed to work more when he was with Alexandra than in later year - and I don't think Marie was to blame.

I do wonder how much of that was by choice to be honest. I think there may have been more court politics involved that we know. Joachim seemed to work more when he was with Alexandra than in later year - and I don't think Marie was to blame.

I tend to think he worked more then because that was what Alexandra wanted and/or he lost his way after his divorce. I don't think Marie is to blame because she was more visible/active than he was before they left Denmark. Maybe HE gave the court the impression that he was expendable.

Joachim has given an interview to Billed Bladet about the future.

Summary of interview in Billed Bladet #46, 2022.
Interviewer: Marianne Singer.

A lot of the article is focused on the space event in Toulouse, which is something Joachim is very enthusiastic about. (*)
Space and space technology and exploration is Joachim's big interest and he admits to being to talk about that subject at length.

But will he consider extending he stay as a military attache?
No, it will end next summer.
He talks about it being a huge advantage that not only speaks French, but he can turn into being French in his mind, way of thinking - which has enabled him to do his job even better in regards to establishing contacts.
He also admits that him being a royal helps. He has an inbuilt novelty-factor.
He has reached the level where he can pick up the phone and talk to leading French industrialists and they will listen.
So for Denmark this is about using that opportunity that has been created.

Anyway, our Marie will also leave her job at the DK embassy come summer. Because the family will not be staying in France.

But will they move back to DK then?
Maybe.

And now comes the interesting bit. Because Joachim elaborates: "Everybody is asking about that and yes, I know what I want to do. And the right departments, authorities and persons also know what I want. I'm just waiting for the telephone to ring and there being a: Go."

Will it be within the military?
"Yes, I sure hope so."

And that is as far Joachim will go in this interview.

He says that Henrik also share his dad's interest in space. But Athena:
"Athena has other interests but it might also be because the dad is talking for way too long, so that she lose interest. I shan't say."

------

So Joachim clearly expects a dream-job coming up. Within the military.
Well, the Danish military hasn't got a space-branch, even though we have quite a few companies supplying parts and mini-laboratories for space missions. But they don't have anything directly to do with the military and nor do we, AFAIK, produce equipment for spy-satellites.
ESA The European Space Agency is a purely civilian organization, but as EU is rearming and establishing a number of systems independent of USA, I can imagine ESA beginning to produce and launching spy satellites.
Anyway, I can't really imagine what this dream-job is. My best guess is that it has something to do with science, in particular space, but this is not something the Danish military is involved in.
Okay, could he go to USA? The place of spy-satellites or NASA? But he hasn't got any academic qualifications.
I really can't figure it out. :ermm:

Regardless, Joachim can expect to be promoted to major general once his tour in France is over, especially if he stay there was as successful as he hints in this interview.

(*) As I interpret the interview this event, was very much Joachim's doing and may the be crowning moment of his military attache career. He sure is happy about it being organized and being a success.

Denmark shares a border with Canada. My wild guess: Danish liaison to NORAD.

It's going to be interesting to see what it actually is.

Perhaps he's send to Hans Island/Ø with a pair of binoculars? :D

Info: Hans Island between Greenland and Canada - actually an oversized rock - has now been divided in two parts, so that DK and Canada today share a land border of a couple of hundred meters or so.
At some point DK will get the North Pole as well and evict the imposter residing there who claims he's Santa Claus. The Real Santa lives in Greenland, as everybody knows.

Last edited:
Perhaps he's send to Hans Island/Ø with a pair of binoculars? :D

Info: Hans Island between Greenland and Canada - actually an oversized rock - has now been divided in two parts, so that DK and Canada today share a land border of a couple of hundred meters or so.
At some point DK will get the North Pole as well and evict the imposter residing there who claims he's Santa Claus. The Real Santa lives in Greenland, as everybody knows.

I've been told always it was the North Pole, but nothing specific so I assumed Nunavut

:santa3: :xmasbell:

Perhaps he's send to Hans Island/Ø with a pair of binoculars? [emoji3]

The real Santa lives in Lappland. Basta.

The real Santa lives in Lappland. Basta.
:lol:

We need Prince Joachim to settle this before Christmas about where Santa's house is located, but I' afraid he would be bias to Denmark. :ermm:

Ahem. I'm afraid Santa is getting all your letters at our postal code. https://www.canadapost-postescanada...-our-communities/write-a-letter-to-santa.page H0H 0H0.:xmasbell:

I thought the notable thing about Hans Island is the bottles of booze they keep swapping to assert sovereignty? (Before they actually settled the border dispute this year. Who knew? https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Whisky_War)

I should also note that NORAD famously tracks Santa every year. https://www.norad.mil/About-NORAD/NORAD-Tracks-Santa/

Which is all to say, clearly, the DRF Advent story this year needs to be Joachim and the elves on a multinational search for Santa. I could write this one for QMII.

Last edited:
For those who wish to read the interview - and not least the captions - themselves, here are the scans:
https://app.box.com/s/jqrbvwi747nunsjn3h8i17j3yjnm8t4v
https://app.box.com/s/te7utidssyxbftb3qv1df966nloew72b
https://app.box.com/s/7qg0yl2dx7fsxd89zeh38uw815n6nf7j
https://app.box.com/s/06t6qxkne75522i2kqum6d17eythurkb

I'm afraid, my dear JR76, that you have been the victim of a pleasantry no doubt perpetrated by some mischievous Finns.
Our cousins in Finland often joke that Santa Claus actually lives in Finland. ?
But try as I might, I simply cannot imagine Santa sitting sweating his heart out in a sauna with a long beard and all and being whipped with a twigs of birch. :ermm:
That's not a sight for children and small dogs!

And Prinsara, the address is a setup. The Canadian government back in 1935 began an elaborate scheme claiming that Santa lives on the North Pole and that people should write to a Canadian address to get in touch. No doubt in frustration over the fact that Santa has been living in Greenland for centuries.
Fortunately Julemanden, which is Santa's real name, have some very skilled associates called Nissebanden (= The Nisse-gang) who always manage to get hold of the letters, despite Canadian security. - Something to do with schnapps and a couple a voluptuous Nisse-shape-shifters, but the less said about that the better...
So children all over the world always get their wishes fulfilled, because their letters always ends up in the hands of the real Santa aka Julemanden. ?

I take it back, Muhler.

With that kind of imagination, I'm sure the DRF will let you write the nisse story. ? Next year, maybe?

:previous: I have a better idea, each summer there is a Santa convention in Tivoli in Copenhagen, why don't you (and others) ship your Santa over? Admission fee: a bottle of whiskey or brandy.
We promise not to get him so drunk he won't be able to find Canada again - eventually...

But back to Joachim and family. I hope Henrik and Athena haven't grown too fond of their school or the French school system.
Children are indeed adaptable but it's still a major change to go to a completely new school and school system.
I suppose that if they return to DK, they will attend the French school they began in, or an international school.

Joachim, Marie, Henrik and Athena shared two photos of themselves watching the match between Denmark and France today. France won 2:1 ;)

** instagram post **

Hmm, will he be working for the Danish state attached to the embassy?
Or will he be working as a part of the military delegation in USA? I.e. act as a councilor, advisor, liaison or will he be directly involved in negotiating defense contracts?
Or will he be employed by a US firm?
Or will he be a consultant for Danish firms delivering parts to the US defense industry?

- All what I outlined is typical for higher ranking officers in handling large orders. Because it takes years to get all the details in place. Oversee modifications in the production, provide feedback to the manufacturer, handle glitches and generally smooth things out.

Joachim and our Marie are going to take part in a heck of a lot of business receptions!

It will be interesting to learn more about this job.

Good for them.

At this rate, we will see them more than M&F and they'll be more well known abroad...at least in the US anyway. They'll be interacting with many high ranking people. I can see Marie doing alot if high profile charity work too. They may get the better end of this deal...because they can settle into roles and work and not be in endless waiting mode. Again, good for them.

Sounds it all went according to plan for Joachim, all of the right bodies and authorities and people that knew about 'what he wanted' went out of their way to make it happen:
"And there are new and exciting challenges ahead, says Prince Joachim, when BILLED-BLADET asks him if he already knows what will happen.
- Everyone asks that - and yes, I know what I want. And the right bodies, authorities and people also know what I want. I'm just waiting for the phone to ring and to say "Go", says Prince Joachim.
Will it be within the military?
- Yes, I would hope so, says Prince Joachim, who does not wish to elaborate further. "

Personally I hope its a private job so he gets a big enough salary to not have to be beholden be the Danish RF anymore.

Sounds it all went according to plan for Joachim, all of the right bodies and authorities and people that knew about 'what he wanted' went out of their way to make it happen:

Or a position became available. He has cultivated good contacts in the industry. He proved to be good at his job. He put out feelers that he would be interested. He was qualified. Was offered the position. He accepted. In the real world...THAT is called successful networking.

Knew it! It was either the US or UK! I wonder which company? Boeing? Lockheed Martin?

Neither of them are based in DC. It sounds like he's going to be doing something for the Pentagon, if they're moving there, and not for any private industry.

(NORAD is headquartered out west.)

This sounds like a great opportunity. They'll no doubt be invited to all the best parties, and mix with a lot of DC movers and shakers. I hope it works out well for them.

I know Joachim dearly wanted this job (...whatever it is), but I wonder how much he and Marie and even the kids will like DC versus Paris. The atmosphere is very different, even versus Copenhagen. And I think only Marie has lived in the US very briefly.

Personally I hope its a private job so he gets a big enough salary to not have to be beholden be the Danish RF anymore.

I can't agree. Royal family members feeling that they are not beholden to their monarchies have produced difficult and detrimental situations for many monarchies, which is a prime reason why many European monarchies have chosen to reduce their numbers of "royals" in one manner or another.

Sounds like a good challenge for Joachim and Marie.

Neither of them are based in DC. It sounds like he's going to be doing something for the Pentagon, if they're moving there, and not for any private industry.

(NORAD is headquartered out west.)

You can be employed in any of those companies and still be based in DC - especially if you're within or attached with the C-Suite. However being a Danish national, sounds like he's more like a government position. Time will tell I suppose

I can't agree. Royal family members feeling that they are not beholden to their monarchies have produced difficult and detrimental situations for many monarchies, which is a prime reason why many European monarchies have chosen to reduce their numbers of "royals" in one manner or another.

I disagree. With the gradual sidelining of J&M and stripping the children of their titles, the Queen has made it very clear that they are unnecessary to the day to day functioning of the monarchy. F&M and their kids are the future, so J&M have every right to forge a new path of their own.

Oh My, Prince Joachim goes to America?

In such cases in my humble opinion the decisive question is not, what a person claims to do, but what else this person could do...

And this is potentiallly a lot here: The "King Juan Carlos affair" with its alledgedly 2 billion Dollar windfall comes to mind - from arms dealings.

Prince Joachim might go the same way as for example not so recently a Dutch King did as well.

And even worse: Prince Harry! There are just rumours until now about his drive to "tell all" - but they are damaging enough!

That are already two risky scenarios!

Now there is only Prince Andrew missing in America... - and we will have a lot to talk about...

Oh My, Prince Joachim goes to America?

In such cases in my humble opinion the decisive question is not, what a person claims to do, but what else this person could do...

And this is potentiallly a lot here: The "King Juan Carlos affair" with its alledgedly 2 billion Dollar windfall comes to mind - from arms dealings.

Prince Joachim might go the same way as for example not so recently a Dutch King did as well.

And even worse: Prince Harry! There are just rumours until now about his drive to "tell all" - but they are damaging enough!

That are already two risky scenarios!

Now there is only Prince Andrew missing in America... - and we will have a lot to talk about...

Joachim is going to the US because he got a major job with the defense industry. As have a number of other royals who've had mundane jobs in the US in their fields, previously.

There is no indication he's going into "exile", self-imposed or otherwise, and the comparison with Harry, Juan Carlos, or Andrew is not only wildly picking names out of the air, but ridiculous.

Both Joachim and Marie stated that they're continuing to work for the DRF and Marie wore the Queen's giant jubilee brooch at the most recent celebration when it was optional. There aren't too many signs to wave your hands in the air and wonder what they "could" possibly do.

I disagree. With the gradual sidelining of J&M and stripping the children of their titles, the Queen has made it very clear that they are unnecessary to the day to day functioning of the monarchy. F&M and their kids are the future, so J&M have every right to forge a new path of their own.

Do you know which was first?
I hope J&fam. stay there, find happiness and keep quiet. Though I doubt J. finds his peace, it's simply his' to cause trouble, he was given so many chances, time to grow up and thanks to M. who seems to stick to him whatever is next.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom