General News about Joachim, Marie and Family Part 6: January 2021 - December 2023

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
https://www.bt.dk/royale/prins-joachim-afsloerer-saerlig-hobby-jeg-synes-at-det-er-dybt-fascinerende

This is eventually going to be an official event, but for now it's here. In a radio program about space Joachim revealed that he is a space-geek with a deep and keen interest in space itself as well as space exploration.
And also that he believes that there must be other forms of life out there. Anything else goes against a probabilities.

As a defense attache. Joachim will head a space seminar in Toulouse next week. (Toulouse is the aeronautical center of France.) For members of the French and Danish space industry. - That is also very much relevant in a military context. The Danish companies are often small but very specialized. While the French companies are often very large and not that much aware of small fringe-companies. This seminar is aimed at getting both together and open up opportunities for cooperation.

When I try to go to the link and press the auto translate, it freezes and have to click out. I can't read the article. I'm glad they are moving on.

Surprising news: Prince Joachim and Princess Marie are leaving their jobs in Paris

https://www.billedbladet.dk/kongeli...og-prinsesse-marie-forlader-deres-job-i-paris

It's a fantastic job, but it stops here this summer, it does, Prince Joachim explains over the phone.
- That is why I am also happy to have been able to help start an industrial rapprochement between Denmark and France in the area of ​​defense, which has already really gained momentum. A momentum which of course I seek to spread as long as I am here and as long as my footprint can be left on it, explains Prince Joachim, who, despite the fact that he is already stopping now, is in the process of preparing for a major event within the defense industry for next year.
Because as he says:
- It's not something you just leave behind. It must be kept going and forged while the iron is hot.

https://www.billedbladet.dk/kongelige/danmark/prins-joachim-vi-flytter-fra-frankrig
When asked whether the prince already knows whether he and his family will stay in France after he has stopped at the embassy, ​​Prince Joachim replies:
- No, it won't be France.

Are you moving to Denmark?
- We will see, is the answer from Prince Joachim

More from the interview
"And there are new and exciting challenges ahead, says Prince Joachim, when BILLED-BLADET asks him if he already knows what will happen.
- Everyone asks that - and yes, I know what I want. And the right bodies, authorities and people also know what I want. I'm just waiting for the phone to ring and to say "Go", says Prince Joachim.

Will it be within the military?
- Yes, I would hope so, says Prince Joachim, who does not wish to elaborate further. "

https://www.billedbladet.dk/kongeli...achim-nu-venter-jeg-bare-paa-telefonen-ringer

Last edited by a moderator:
Interesting indeed! And if not France, and not Denmark (maybe) where?

Oh boy.

What now?

If they come back to Denmark, I guess some fences will have been mended.

If not? (teeth-clenched emoji time)

Humorously, I'd like to think they could somehow have found a way to move to space...

Interesting. I could speculate given the initial gut feeling this news caused and added to the totality of events. ����

Interesting.

Has he been offered a position within the defense industry?
Or another position within the military? The NATO HQ springs to mind.

Is this compensation for the title debacle?

:previous: That he is resigning next summer?

Well, his contract was for three years, with a possibility of extending it to five years. And next summer it's been three years. So he has fulfilled his minimum obligations.

There are all sorts of speculations in the press tonight here in DK!

One idea is that whether J&M will move back to DK, may depend on their status and role within the DRF from next summer. If they are going to have an active, recognized and very visible role, then they will move back. But if they won't - i.e. them "fading away" then they may settle elsewhere.
Our favorite BT royal expert is convinced J&M will not return to DK.

It's interesting that he is not willing to say where they are going but does indicate that he himself wishes for a military role (which he is planning on - but still needs the official approval). He seems quite confident that if the right people know what he wants that it will happen...

That there are "new and exciting challenges" ahead. And he is talking about getting what he wants.

Yeah, okay... But what does he want? :ermm:
That's not clear to me at present.

Yeah, okay... But what does he want? :ermm:
That's not clear to me at present.

It's not clear to anyone, but compared to things like Schackenborg and being sent to Paris and extended in Paris, it's quite interesting to hear him so vocal about getting something he wants, period, rather than something obviously decided for him.

And the timing of it does make me suspect that the last uproar might have played a part, but I suppose when we find out what is actually happening, it might all get clearer.

Interesting.

Has he been offered a position within the defense industry?
Or another position within the military? The NATO HQ springs to mind.

This is what I am thinking too. My bet is it'll be either the UK or US, who are the biggest Defence industry players. Outside of Europe is Australia, but I very much doubt he'd be moving here!

:previous: That he is resigning next summer?

Well, his contract was for three years, with a possibility of extending it to five years. And next summer it's been three years. So he has fulfilled his minimum obligations.

There are all sorts of speculations in the press tonight here in DK!

One idea is that whether J&M will move back to DK, may depend on their status and role within the DRF from next summer. If they are going to have an active, recognized and very visible role, then they will move back. But if they won't - i.e. them "fading away" then they may settle elsewhere.
Our favorite BT royal expert is convinced J&M will not return to DK.

He did say it's military related. I think he has found his niche in the defense in Paris. I would think he would want his career in the military to continue to grow.

""And there are new and exciting challenges ahead, says Prince Joachim, when BILLED-BLADET asks him if he already knows what will happen.
- Everyone asks that - and yes, I know what I want. And the right bodies, authorities and people also know what I want. I'm just waiting for the phone to ring and to say "Go", says Prince Joachim.
Will it be within the military?
- Yes, I would hope so, says Prince Joachim, who does not wish to elaborate further. "

I don't know why, but I can't stop thinking about a possible move to the States (?) I so want to be wrong.

I know it's wishful thinking, but I'd love to see them back in Denmark, QMII is not getting younger and Joachim might regret not spending more time with his mother...Or not, maybe he does not want to come back.

Whatever the reason, the prince seems to be expressing much more positive sentiments about his life and role than he usually has over the last several years.

I am not sure why he had to speak out on the matter at this stage, and not wait till he had something more concrete about what lay ahead for the family. I can only assume he has a need to be in the news, poor boy.

Probably to distract from the fact that the option of prolongation was not chosen by the Danish Embassy. This way Joachim makes it sound as if it is his decision because he wants another job.

He claims he was soooo useful for Denmark and when someone has to point this out specifically then I automatically think: probably the opposite is true. He did nothing that any other employee (with normal pay) couldn't have done just as well. And regarding his status as Margrethe's son (which was the reason why he got this job in the first place) the Prince of Entitlement provided negative headlines for the Queen and Denmark twice in only 3 years.

It seems "official Denmark" has not use for Joachim any more. Fair enough. What could he do next? He still gets an allowance from the state right? Does that limit him to not working for companies and the like?

It seems "official Denmark" has not use for Joachim any more. Fair enough. What could he do next? He still gets an allowance from the state right? Does that limit him to not working for companies and the like?

We have to see if he gets whatever it is he wants before we know. If it's for NATO or ESA or something, that's not a company.

I think it must be hard for him when he sees Benedikte still working away and knowing he hasn't done anything to be demoted. It's also pretty short-sighted of the DRF when they don't how Frederik's reign will go and whether he and Mary will end up needing the assistance.

But we don't know that they have no official use for him anymore, forever, yet, either.

Last edited:
He seems giddy and excited...so much do that he couldn't wait to share the news that there is news to share um...ok.

Based on how happy he is..My guess is that he will return to Denmark and the kids will get to keep their titles.

I personally don't want this and think the Queen should stick to her original plans.

I think there is use for Joachim and Marie. They can be a great supporting aid to a King Frederik and Queen Mary.

Probably to distract from the fact that the option of prolongation was not chosen by the Danish Embassy. This way Joachim makes it sound as if it is his decision because he wants another job.

Do we know whether it was the prince or the embassy, or both, who chose not to extend the contract?

I think it must be hard for him for him when he sees Benedikte still working away and knowing he hasn't done anything to be demoted.

Wouldn't the reverse be more likely? Princess Benedikte can likewise see Prince Joachim working away while knowing she hasn't done anything to be demoted, but in addition, she can see that the royal house has arranged official, full-time military and diplomatic postings and a family estate for her nephew, that Parliament has granted him his own appanage, and that his children were allowed titles and succession rights which are free of conditions on where they are raised, while she has only been called on for part-time engagements, merely has her official expenses defrayed from her sister's appanage, and had Danish titles and succession rights denied to her children because of her husband's unwillingness to raise them in Denmark.

I found him disclosing his potential job odd. Is this some type of media play? The first time they went to the media, Marie got her job in France. Is he putting this out to apply some type of pressure on those who can give him this job? I can't seem to figure out if he is media-savvy or media-dumb.

Wouldn't the reverse be more likely? Princess Benedikte can likewise see Prince Joachim working away while knowing she hasn't done anything to be demoted, but in addition, she can see that the royal house has arranged official, full-time military and diplomatic postings and a family estate for her nephew, that Parliament has granted him his own appanage, and that his children were allowed titles and succession rights which are free of conditions on where they are raised, while she has only been called on for part-time engagements, merely has her official expenses defrayed from her sister's appanage, and had Danish titles and succession rights denied to her children because of her husband's unwillingness to raise them in Denmark.

But Princess Benedikte has always appeared welcome in Denmark by both her father and sister, resumed work for the family after decades with no one complaining, and freely chose to marry Prince Richard, live in Germany, and raise their children under conditions where they wouldn't have Danish titles.

We don't know if Joachim had the possibility to refuse Schackenborg, but from all appearances he did not have much of a choice, so that was practically an "arranged marriage" from the time he was young. He and Marie have made it exceptionally clear they did not choose to go to France, although I've always seen it as just clarifying that they were not rejecting Denmark by moving. And he certainly did not choose to have his children's titles taken away, especially not in the manner it was done.

I would say it's more likely Joachim sees Benedikte's position as easier than vice-versa.

Edit: As a piece of wild royal guessing, it would seem by Marie's brooch for the celebrations today that the couple are still feeling some kind of positive feelings or loyalty towards HMQMII. So that should probably be factored in with whatever comes next.

Last edited:
I think it must be hard for him when he sees Benedikte still working away and knowing he hasn't done anything to be demoted. It's also pretty short-sighted of the DRF when they don't how Frederik's reign will go and whether he and Mary will end up needing the assistance.

I'd say Joachim made his own bed on that one. In the span between the sale of Schackenborg and him being "sent" to Paris, he and Marie had every opportunity in the world to make themselves indispensable by boosting their engagement count. They chose not to. Benedikte, despite being far behind Joachim in the line of succession and despite the fact that she should've been able to pass on the spare reins to Joachim years ago, has maintained a steady work count for her position.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom