Counts Nikolai, Felix, Henrik & Countess Athena, News Part 1: 2023 -

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

iceflower

Administrator
Site Team
Country
Germany

Welcome to part 1 of the thread for news and current events of
Count Nikolai, Count Felix, Count Henrik and Countess Athena!

The old thread can be found here!

Please take a look at the
TRF Community Rules & FAQs

· Only pictures you have written permission to share can be posted here. You can post links to any pictures.
· No more than 20% of the text of an article can be posted, along with a link to the original article.
· It's a copyright violation to post translations of entire articles.
· We expect our members to treat each other and the royals and persons in these threads with respect.
· Opinions should be backed up by reference to published reports.
· Off topic and empty posts will be deleted without notice.
· Please be careful not to write in capital letters.

:flowers: Happy Posting! :flowers:

I wonder if there is a tiny bit of intentional or unintentional shade that so many of his covers still naturally say "Prince Nikolai of Denmark".

I wonder if there is a tiny bit of intentional or unintentional shade that so many of his covers still naturally say "Prince Nikolai of Denmark".
The Court can dictate whatever they want about Nikolai's titles, but they hardly have the power to go back in time and change old magazine covers.
Shade is never unintentional.

The Court can dictate whatever they want about Nikolai's titles, but they hardly have the power to go back in time and change old magazine covers.
Shade is never unintentional.

They probably do have the power to ask for the removal of all usages of the Prince title from a current business enterprise to align with his current designation, even though they come from when he had the rightful use of it. It's just a matter of cropping some photos.

(If they were being really petty. I doubt that they will.) It's just funny seeing one "Count Nikolai of Monpezat" outnumbered by a dozen 'Prince's or more.

Shade can be unintentional if there's a difference between what the creator intends and what the audience sees.

They probably do have the power to ask for the removal of all usages of the Prince title from a current business enterprise to align with his current designation, even though they come from when he had the rightful use of it. It's just a matter of cropping some photos.

(If they were being really petty. I doubt that they will.) It's just funny seeing one "Count Nikolai of Monpezat" outnumbered by a dozen 'Prince's or more.

Shade can be unintentional if there's a difference between what the creator intends and what the audience sees.

They don't have the power to do that and why should they want to do that. Nikolai was a prince at the time the magazines were published. What's important is that he doesn't do new work featuring the title of prince.

Shade is always intentional on the part of who says it. If not, it's not shade.

Sweet Countess Athena celebrates her 11th Birthday today!

https://www.instagram.com/p/CnyXenDDZsK/

Hilariously, almost every single comment, birthday wish from the public on the official post on Instagram and Facebook purposely calls her Princess Athena, and most say they will always consider her a princess. I wonder if the secretary who posted it will ever tell her Majesty. Somehow I doubt it! ?:lol::whistling:

Hilariously, almost every single comment, birthday wish from the public on the official post on Instagram and Facebook purposely calls her Princess Athena, and most say they will always consider her a princess. I wonder if the secretary who posted it will ever tell her Majesty. Somehow I doubt it! ?:lol::whistling:

Personally, I think those comments were deliberately posted by Shackenborg fans just to publicly humiliate the Queen.
I have to admit I was hoping that this saga was finally over...

Last edited:
Personally, I think those comments were deliberately posted by Shackenborg fans just to publicly humiliate the Queen.
I have to admit I was hoping that this saga was finally over...

I have no idea if that's true or not, but it still stands, the complete and utter majority of the comments call her Princess in response to her being labeled on the post as Her Excellency Countess Athena.

Margrethe better expect that for the rest of this year at least and probably every time the kids are called by their new titles for the next few years.

I don't even particularly like Joachim and Marie and I don't hate the Queen , but I find it vastly amusing that the posting public are responding like this.?

:previous: And that's good and well, but to insinuate that the comments section of any royal family's social media account is representative of the general public's sentiment is a bit of a stretch :D

At the end of the day, the vast majority of the Danes agree with the removal of the titles – just not with the way QMII handled it.

Before this thread turns into another thread about titles, let us please concentrate on news and events again. Thank you!

Oh jeez for a minute I thought it meant he had lent money to Martin Jørgensen! Though perhaps having your fingers burnt by Jørgensen you'd avoid letting your kids invest in a company of any partner. That said Peitersen seems for "legit" (if still a player) and any investments are likely to be safer than any money given personally to Jorgensen.

:previous: Agree with that assessment.

I noticed that the reason that he and Alexandra broke up a couple of days ago was infidelity by Nikolai Peitersen.

Well, let's hope she eventually finds a keeper.

Is it really Nikolai? If it is then the name nikolaitildanmark really shows that he's not ready to let things go.

Doesn't have the verified symbol from Instagram, so pretty sure this isn't the real Nikolai.

Doesn't have the verified symbol from Instagram, so pretty sure this isn't the real Nikolai.
Having your account verified is something you apply for and even then isn't a given. Two of the Greeks and the reporter Jacob Heinel Jensen are following the account.

Last edited:
Having your account verified is something you apply for and even then isn't a given. Two of the Greeks and the reporter Jacob Heinel Jensen are following the account.

Thanks for the confirmation Muhler!

Last edited:
The account is confirmed as belonging to Nikolai.

Well, as he is still in The Line of Succession, he technically is Nikolai to Denmark.

There is no doubt in my mind, that this is indeed Nikolai demonstratively pointing out that he is still here - and still more or less royal as well, I suppose.

- Is it understandable? Yeah, I guess. If it's true that he hasn't even spoken to QMII since before it was announced he was to become a count only, then there sure are some very hurt feelings, that really ought to be addressed.
But a part of me also thinks: Sorry, Nikolai. Tough for you - but it is only tough for you. Accept it and move on. - And he was bound to lose his title anyway.
The window in which you can angle and get some public sympathy will inevitably close and then no once cares about this, but a resentful Nikolai.

I do wonder if his.... shall we say... disappointment, is being nurtured. The BT dude is again writing about this on BT (behind a paywall) and his angling has always been on the side of Joachim, Alexandra and their children in particular.
That's good stuff to write about, but as usual I have difficulty distinguishing where the reporter, Jacob Heinel's reporting becomes his personal opinion. He has an interest in keeping this story going, because it means column inches for him as well as TV-time, being the self-proclaimed royal expert that he is.
But I'm sure Alexandra is also still furious, so I don't think she has tried to persuade her son not to use this title for his account.

Felix however, once again I notice that Felix is absent. Not a word, no comments to the press, no account with a... statement.
I think Felix is choosing the healthy option.

IMO with the demoting of the grandchildren from Princess and Prince to Countess and Count, QM who is to have been wise ruler, could have handled this situation a lot better. QM had been demoted has a favorite Royal in my books from one of my favorites to not a favorite and low on the list of likable Royals. Does it matter…no she does not care what anyone thinks. People care though. QM has hurt the grandchildren. They will move on but never forget.

IMO with the demoting of the grandchildren from Princess and Prince to Countess and Count, QM who is to have been wise ruler, could have handled this situation a lot better. QM had been demoted has a favorite Royal in my books from one of my favorites to not a favorite and low on the list of likable Royals. Does it matter…no she does not care what anyone thinks. People care though. QM has hurt the grandchildren. They will move on but never forget.

Besides, wasn't the excuse for taking their titles away to give them more freedom to make their own way...well, Nikolai is doing just that it seems. He is no longer part of the royal house as it were being deprived of the title he was born with so he can do as he pleases. Isn't that, once again, the whole excuse for this whole mess? Oh and since he was "set free" from the chains that come with his birth title, he does not need anyone's approval for what he names his Instagram account or what he posts on that account or any other social media account he wishes to sign up for. Maybe QMII did not think this whole thing through properly and the consequences of her actions.

I will respond to various title-related posts in the thread linked by iceflower.

As for the birthday post: It is rather inconsistent, and I think will be unwise in the long term, to continue treating Prince Joachim's children as full royals in all but name (with their birthdays celebrated in official channels and their profiles featuring on the official website, which is not done for most European princes and princesses who are in the same position) even though it has been made clear in many ways, starting long before the title change, that they are expected to earn their own money as private citizens instead of representing the monarchy. Perhaps the Queen is anxious not to anger her younger son's family any further, which is understandable on a human level, but if this confusing gray area persists in the long run when the siblings are mature adults with established business careers, it will be risky for the royal house.

Count Nikolai has been photographed for the March issue of the Czechoslovakian Vogue magazine:

** instagram post **

Back
Top Bottom