Confirmation of Prince Felix: April 1, 2017

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
No Alexandra has to ask her Mum to move !
Joachim directed badly the Group.

I think it would have been even more logical, that the boys mother, Alexandra, would have been standing next to her son and not one step up on the side.
If someone who doesn't know who these people are looks at the video and photos, they probably think Marie is the mother. I thought it was odd.

https://www.instagram.com/p/BSVvdBmjmxb/?taken-by=detdanskekongehus

The problem isn't that Marie is standing beside Felix, but that the group is a bit uneven; on one side of the picture you have one group standing nicely lined up for a picture, on the other side you have a group looking like they're still getting into position.

Marie standing beside Felix is fine, as Joachim standing there would have thrown things off because of his height. Alexandra should have at the other side of her son, instead of a foot away and a stair higher, with her mother beside her, and Henrik and Athena should have been in front of/on either side of their brother. That way the group would have been fairly balanced, with Felix at the centre.

It would suit Nikolai to smile a bit. Why so serious??

Felix looks very happy and the rest of the children are adorable.

Because he's uncomfortable with being in the public glare?
Because he's a teen?
Because he is perhaps wearing braces?
Because he is serious?
- And so on...

I think Felix should have sttod between his parents and Marie in the back with Prince Nicolai. It was like this for Nicolai's confirmation with Marie and then Martin in the back.

Nice galleries :flowers:
like this photo of Isabella and Josephine. And Christian talking with his father, looks very handsome and grown up.
http://danapress.de/thumb.php/01604...esYB9-1_e9KmuciQUA1HAGI0VrIJ1tcRBSqkdfL4Q2Soa

And Josephine almost stole the day. :lol:
I would so much like to see her and Athena on their own. Perhaps at the Gråsten photo-shoot? If the weather is good the children (and adults) have been playing around the swings before.
Or perhaps at QMII's birthday at Marselisborg?
The terrace is large enough for the children to roam around freely.

Agree, they seem like a lot of fun. Hopefully Joachim and family make it to Gråsten this year, but definitely for the Queen's birthday :flowers:

thanks everyone for the pictures.
Felix looked happy, hope he has enjoyed his day

Is Henrik wearing his school uniform? With the seal on his coat or just the style?
http://www.ppe-agency.com/500px/Apr2017/PPE07040110.jpg

Last edited:
Congratulations to Felix! He looked happy and that's really everything that matters – I really do think we're the only ones fretting about where people did and did not stand when they left the church ;) The kids are all adorable – I see Nikolai has inherited his father's, eh, sense of fashion? :p

Is it just me or do Marie and Alexandra seem kind of standoffish towards each other?

That would just be you.

Very relaxed atmosphere from the photos and great to see all the Royal Family there today for the Confirmation ceremony.

These aren't official photos, just the family coming out of the church. And yes Joachim doing a quick abd poor job directing them.

If you look at the actual official photos they are far better positioned

Officielle billeder fra Prins Felix' konfirmation | Kongehuset

agree 100%!! the official pictures are just perfectly positioned, the rest outside the church was poor.

imo christian looks like his grandfather john donaldson, he and his siblings/cousins already are/will be goodlooking young people.

Beautiful family - but how do the site managers not look for and de-select photos with obvious underwear issues? Does the info office hate her, or are they simply asleep at the wheel? :eek:

Congrats to Prince Felix. Nice official photos.
The shuffle at the church isn't a big deal. Prince Joachim tried to rearrange folks but wasn't effective.

1. After all the rumours through the years it's nice who close Countess Alexandra seems to her mother.
2. Christian is smiling in most pictures.
3. As a stepchild myself I can truly say that your stepparents are just as much your parents as your biological ones so Felix standing next to Marie should not be overanalysed. Good for them if they're close.
4. You can think what you want about Henrik (and I definitely do) but he's proud as a peacock (is that an English expression?) when it comes to his grandchildren.

:previous: And to add to that, I think it's always been very obvious how fond both Marie, and previously also Martin, always have been of Nikolai and Felix – and how fond they in return have been of their stepparents. You can say a lot of things about both Joachim and Alexandra, but they've always been very professional regarding the children – also evident by the fact that they still attend each others big birthdays and that Alexandra brought little Henrik with her and Felix to see QMII's ballet business during Christmas.

Last edited:
I think Felix should have sttod between his parents and Marie in the back with Prince Nicolai. It was like this for Nicolai's confirmation with Marie and then Martin in the back.

I don't think they thought too much about who should stay where. It was not an official photo, just an unplanned picture that was taken on the spot. If anything, Joachim is the one to be blamed for not directing the group properly.

People who want to read into it some kind of Joachim/Alexandra or Alexandra/Marie feud are just blowing it out of proportion IMHO.

What entails a Danish/Lutheran confirmation? Is it the same as in the Catholic church? And I thought Lutherans wore white robes when they are confirmed?

Last edited:
What entails a Danish/Lutheran confirmation? Is it the same as in the Catholic church? And I thought Lutherans wore white robes when they are confirmed?

Confirmation is considered a rite not sacrament in the Lutheran church.

Here is some information from the Danish Lutheran church site

Lutheranchurch.dk: Confirmation

Unlike norway, I remember Marius in his white robe, boys in Denmark seem to wear just suits from pictured I see. Girls seem to wear white. Perhaps some churches do robes still. Not certain, not I see photos of.

It is a blessing and you are taken into the parish on your own. After it you are able to take communion.
As for the white robes at last in Germany it is up to the local parish to decide if there are white robes worn over your usual clothing or not.

Last edited by a moderator:
If the daily fail was going to write an article about the fashion of the event, they could have at least focussed on the right family :bang:

Honestly if you didn't read the very last paragraph which mentions Felix and his parents you may think it was a child of Mary being confirmed :ermm:

Although a Swede I've been to several Danish confirmations and I've never seen any white robes there. This is different from Sweden where the use of robes have gone from practically non-existent in the 50s to basically everyone wearing them today. The robes are on loan from the local parish, worn during the ceremony itself & the photo call afterwards & the reason the church favours them are because many families can't really afford buying a suit or a dress that's most often worn only a few times. In the old days when the confirmation signalled your entry into adulthood most boys got a black suit that was supposed to last a lifetime.

Also, are royal confirmations private or are they part of the regular church service?

Wish we could see photos from the inside of the celebrations after the confirmation, the table, decorations, food menu, etc....... I have to do th confirmation of my daughter this year and it would give me some ideas what to do!

I must say I prefer when the royal kids do these types of celebrations with their classmates. Time enough for them to be different.

Last edited:
I must say I prefer when the royal kids do these types of celebrations with their classmates. Time enough for them to be different.

The reason given for the continuation of this tradition is that with the royal family present they'd get all the attention and not the kids and the message of the ceremony itself

:previous: Prince William in the UK was confirmed privately, for that very reason. Does anyone know if Felix received instruction (Catechism) privately or with a group?

For my confirmation in a small country church, I wore a white dress. Bigger churches in towns usually used the robes. My sons were confirmed in the robes. Here in the US, Lutheran confirmation is usually done on Pentecost - Whitsunday in some places.

Always nice to see pictures of the children. Frederik looks like a very contented family man.

felix is such a handsome young man, just like his brother nikolai - joachim and alexandra must be proud parents! i am sure henrik will follow his brother's footsteps too!

athena looked delightful in her cute coat.

How is a private ceremony different from a group ceremony? I would like to know.

Back
Top Bottom