Christening of Princess Athena: May 20, 2012

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
:previous:
Agree, Henrik is just too cute for words. :)
He appears to be looking at his elder brothers all the time; pity there wasn't enough space for Nikolai and Felix to be with the rest of the family.

I'd say there was plenty of space for Nikolai and Felix, one of the reporters said that they decided to do it this way to show that Marie and Joachim has a little family themselves, I personally think that if that's the case it's very weird, aren't Nikolai and Felix a part of the family too? I agree, it's too bad for little Henrik, he would have had fun being near his elder brothers.

In the name guessing thread someone mentioned that the bishop conducting the christening said he didnt see any of the names coming!

the molgetonder church is simply beautiful!

oh, marie looks delightful also. i love how natural her hair looks, the simplicity of her dress and her absolutely gorgeous smile. she looks beaming!

i took a screen capture of the gorgeous little princess but seem to have issues posting it...

Does the little Princess have a little mole on her right cheek? She's the cutest ^_^

In the name guessing thread someone mentioned that the bishop conducting the christening said he didnt see any of the names coming!

That was me :flowers:
He sure did, so I guess we're in for a surprise or Erik Norman Svendsen just guessed on some weird names :ROFLMAO:

Bishop Erik Norman Svendsen don´t know the names until very late, when he is presented with a post-it :flowers:
I saw him talking to TV2 around 14:30 and he didn´t knew the names at that time.

I think that he was presented with the post-it when he and his lovely wife Margit entered the church just before the christening.

Baby Princess looks as if she's having those few squirmies and squalls before dropping off to sleep. We'll see if she stays awake or not....

(nice to see this in Canada...)

IMO if Nikolai and Felix want to arrive with their grandparents, by themselves or Winnie the Pooh than its up to them.

Since the marriage of Joachim and Marie, all the parties have made abundantly clear that they are one family and not two separate enttities so what difference does it matter that they didn't arrive with Joachim, Marie, Henrik and the little Princess? Sorry but they don't need to prove anything to us with a couple of pics...what matters is what happens behind closed doors.

Bishop Erik Norman Svendsen don´t know the names until very late, when he is presented with a post-it :flowers:
I saw him talking to TV2 around 14:30 and he didn´t knew the names at that time.

I think that he was presented with the post-it when he and his lovely wife Margit entered the church just before the christening.

He knew the names when he talked to DR1's reporter (who guessed on her own name, Merle :p).

That was me :flowers:
He sure did, so I guess we're in for a surprise or Erik Norman Svendsen just guessed on some weird names :ROFLMAO:
IIRC, then he said that he didn´t know the names at the time. But when he is presented with the post-it then he´ll notice if there´s an unsual name and then learn how to pronounce it :flowers:

He knew the names when he talked to DR1's reporter (who guessed on her own name, Merle :p).
Ahh, I´m watching TV2 and my parents are recording DR1 :flowers:

Last edited by a moderator:
Looks like she is going to drop off to sleep sucking her thumb!

I thought Princess Marie's brooch looks quite interesting, would like to see an HQ of it sometime. Prince Joachim looks so well in a suit. They really compliment each other in manner I think.

I should wonder if any of our Danish members would know if the christening robe is the one which was worn by Princess Josephine or if it is infact a new addition?

Aww, the little thing dozed off and was awaken when the music started. :)
This is really very exiting; the very first royal event I watch live.

IIRC, then he said that he didn´t know the names at the time. But when he is presented with the post-it then he´ll notice if there´s an unsual name and then learn how to pronounce it :flowers:

He told DR1's reporter that he knew the names, that he hadn't seen any of them coming, that he didn't have the name on a post-it in his pocket because of all the journalists being around (joke) and that he know the names but it's first at the christening, when Marie says the name out loud, that he'll know how to pronounce it (I think by that, he meant that as being general for all royal christenings, that he'll first know the right way to pronounce the name when the mother says it aloud) :flowers:

I should wonder if any of our Danish members would know if the christening robe is the one which was worn by Princess Josephine or if it is infact a new addition?

Josephine wore a robe that was found on Amalienborg by QMII, the little Princess is wearing the same robe as her older brother, Prince Henrik, a robe that was made for Henrik.

I thought Princess Marie's brooch looks quite interesting, would like to see an HQ of it sometime. Prince Joachim looks so well in a suit. They really compliment each other in manner I think.

Not a HQ, but here is picture of the brooch.
It looks as though it compliments Marie's engagement ring.

And just one more picture of the little Princess simply because I can't get enough of her sweet face.

does that mean then that it's probably not a very danish name?

And the little girl's names are:
Athena Marguerite Françoise Marie.

The last three names were pretty predictable (I guessed them), but Athena is unexpected. Very beautiful though. :)

Last edited:
What is the first name?! I only heard Margrethe 2nd and Marie 4th

Ohh Marguerite not Margrethe! sound cut off when she said it.

Athena, very nice, definitely wouldn't have guessed it :flowers:

Athena - what a nice name. The Greek Godess of wisdom. It seems they listened to the astrologer's interpretation of little Athena's birth horoscope.

Don't like the first name: Athena

I guess I have to get used to it before liking it

A pretty name but naming her Athena would've IMO required at least one godfather/godmother from the Greek royal family.

Back
Top Bottom