Christening of Prince Henrik: July 26, 2009

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
the dress of mary she did use with a blach jacket

and the grey jacket she wears today, she used on an official photo...and caroline has too...

Last edited by a moderator:
It was a beautiful ceremony! hope we'll have very good pictures!

I feel like I've missed everything,so thank you all for the first beautiful pics!It must have been a great ceremony.Don't you think little Christian has been too naughty today?Just kidding,all these kids are really cute!

oh!no! I see more photos and the grey jacket is new... but the dress she used on a sports receptition...
there are more photos on ppe!!!

Thank you to everyone who posted pictures and videos, and particularly to the person who had the live link. I managed to get on to this at the tail end of the ceremony and saw everyone coming out of the church (which was beautifully decorated with flowers).

It is always nice to see a family occasion among the royals, and particularly to check on the progress of the children. HH Princess Alexandra's children are quite grown up - I still think of them as being 'tinies'! Christian is certainly a confident little lad - but Isabella is a bit of a mummy's girl. Nikolai and Felix seemed very well behaved - but perhaps sitting beside 'Granny and Gradad' they had to be!

Little Prince Hendrik is a very sweet looking little boy - he seems to have his mother's good looks. I wish him well for the future.

The entire family looks so nice! Marie looks just beautiful and so happy and proud. Mary looks wonderful as always. Thanks for the links! I love that the kids took part.

Guestlist is Bitten Clausen! She is oldest friends at Queen Ingrid many years! Bitten Clausen with family Clausen much good friend at royal family of Denmark. Bitten Clausen is 96 year and oldest friends at Queen Ingrid. Bitten have see many Queen Ingrids great-grandchildren Nikolai and Felix, Christian and Isabella, now boy is Prince Henrik. Wow wow oldest last Bernadotte is uncle Carl Johan Bernadotte is 92 at Queen Margrethe! See video at Carl Johan and his wife Gunnila 85 year. They is much near love royal family of Denmark and brother at Queen Ingrid. Prince Carl Johan Bernadotte have see many great-sistersgrandchildren.

I love Christian, he looks like a little gentleman. Isabella looks so cute with hair bows:flowers:
Mary looks great as usual. Marie's dress doesn't like to me, I don't like the white underdress and white shoes, but her hair looks beautiful.

aww! very cute. I wasn't too far off with his name - I guessed Carl Alain Henri Christian. Haha. I wonder if they'll call him Henrik or one of his other names so he doesn't get confused with his grandfather?

I just noticed that none of the Swedish family attended.They are supposed to be relatives and Sweden is so close to Denmark,isn't that weird?

They were only 2 top-class ladies : Mrs Herring and Baroness Flemming , both had black flowers arond their blond hair.
after them HM the Queen Mary/Marie were really without class. Prince Henrik junior was so cute, and they had sunny weather as for their wedding day.

I presume that this lady behind the Crown Prince couple is one of the childrens nannies !!!!

Nice to see Mary as a godparent - i think this is the first time i have actually seen Isabella dressed nicely (normally she is in ill-fitting 'sacks')

Pity there were no hats from the royal ladies but i understand it is a more understated christening then and of the other grandchildren had - disappointed by the lack of colour from Marie and Mary today

Last edited:
Enjoyed all the pictures - family occasions of the Danish Royal Family always warm my heart :flowers: They all look so good and happy and the Princesses were dressed very well.

I think the whole name is very pretty, I like names with a family tradition and its such a lovely gesture to Prince Henrik. :)

BTW Isabella is a real cutie.

Thanks for posting the video,Mitchell!The ceremony was lovely indeed.I still can't believe what a great & caring father Prince Joachim is!That was really touching,I must say.

You think? I think that made the dress really beautiful;)

Yes...I think the underdress is very ugly, but each person has a diferent idea about fashion...greetings :rolleyes:

Princess Marie looked lovely and I found the whole "feel" of this christening far more relaxed than Christian's or Isabella's. IMO it is probably deliberate as they aren't the Crown Princely family and I assume they wanted something less formal.

the name carl

Marsel;I love the names said:
well, i am not that surpised, as this name has been used in the danish royal family before, wasnt king haakon of norway, prince carl of denmark before he accepted the throne.......
what relation would he be to the new prince ? :flowers:

Thanks for pointing this out,Kthomas306.Told you,Christian has been very naughty today.But this means that they speak English or maybe,they raise them as bilingual (English & Danish).Does anyone know for sure?

I love the whole name, Henrik Carl Joachim Alain. I am glad they chose the name after Henrik's grandfather. I knew it was going to be a french name. The whole christening is very nice and the music is very lovely.

Thanks for pointing this out,Kthomas306.Told you,Christian has been very naughty today.But this means that they speak English or maybe,they raise them as bilingual (English & Danish).Does anyone know for sure?

I don't know for sure, but it would make sense for the children to learn English as well as Danish, especially since their mother's family all speak English. It would be sad if they couldn't communicate with their grandfather, aunts, uncles, and cousins.

I love this photo:

http://img24.imageshack.us/img24/9416/10445264.jpg
It looks like Christian is dancing.

Back
Top Bottom