Christening of Prince Henrik: July 26, 2009

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Does sonemone know, when the guestlist and the godparents were announced at the christening of Christian and Isabella? Was that shortly before the christening begun, or at the beginning of the christening?

:previous: The godparents were announced shortly before the christening. Not too sure about the guestlist, I'd assume just before.

So please be patient and do not fill the thread with questions like 'Is there a guestlist yet?' and 'Have the godparents been announced yet?' All will be revealed in due time.

Thank you :flowers:
JessRulz

Marie's brother Charles is one of the godparents, he announced to some journalists in front of the church at the rehearsal.
The rest will be announced at about 4 o'clock danish time.

Last edited:
Acording DR TV program they will broadcast the Christening form 16:00h (4:00pm Danish hour)

Added:
Here is a special link to watch DR1 live channel via Windows Media
http://wwitv.com/stream/b4075.asx (if doesnt work try this wwiTV - Watch Live webcast of DR 1, Denmark, -., but also you will need Windows Media as well)
Those links don't work for me! Do you have another one please???

You can also try this link you have any problems with the other ones!

FreeeTV.com - Stream more than 1500 Free TV Channels live to your PC - - _Live_Television - DR 1 (Denmark)

The direct live is beginning!

A lot of people are waiting for the royal family and for the baby along the streets!!

Last edited by a moderator:
Lovely photos! I can see Princess Marie's mother in some of them. They all look very happy. I am so pleased to hear that Marie has selected one of her brothers to be one of the godparents.

The cake looks delicious. Now I'm hungry!

Last edited:
Prince Christian and Princess Isabella also will attend the christening!

It will be lovely to see the whole family but I really can't wait to hear his name!

Marie will carry the little prince into the church and will hold him during the christening:

Billed-Bladet - Marie bærer selv lilleprinsen

The article talks about how this has been a Danish tradition, and that Marie, like all mothers is concerned that the little guy will behave during the ceremony. The article also talks about the close relationship they have.

When will be the end of christening??

Here's another photo of Joachim and Marie from this morning:

Pressen sætter Møgeltønder på den anden ende - Danmark

This article talks about the media frenzy surrounding Mogeltonder. There are journalists there who are not only from Denmark, but from France, China, Switzerland, and Germany. It is as busy, and possibly worse than the craziness that surrounded the wedding last year. The article also states that several major royalty magazines have announced their arrival (doesn't say which magazines).

Ducii, the christening will end at 18.15 (6.15 pm) Danish time. The ceremony begins at 17.30 (5.30 pm) Danish time.

Last edited:
:previous:
I am incredible excited about this christening :flowers:
The pictures of Marie and Joachim visiting Møgeltønder Church this morning are beautiful.
I thought the christening started at half past 4, or was that when the godparents are announced?
:flowers:

The first guests are coming!

Here come some of the guests!

I am so pleased that the rain and grey weather have stayed away. It looks like a gorgeous summer day.

They have just played a shot of the inside of the church. It looks absolutely beautiful!

Last edited:
Here is another article about today's event:

jp.dk - Alt klar til sønderjysk prinsedåb

150 guests are expected at the church and reception afterward. There are a small number of seats inside reserved for media, and 125 seats outside for the rest of the media. This is the second time that the church has hosted a royal christening. Prince Felix was christened here in 2002. Nikolai was christened in 1999 at Fredensborg Kirke.

Guestlist!!!

Kongehuset - Aktuelt - Nyheder

I am so pleased that Prince Nikolaos and his lovely girlfiend Tatiana will attend. I had been hoping to see some of the Greek cousins. I am also thrilled to see Carina Axelsson's name on the list. It doesn't look like Princess Nathalie will attend. This is most likely due to her equestrian events.

Last edited:
Anne-Marie and Nikolas :flowers:

I think Nikolas and possible Tatiana might be godparents?
Shame about Nathalie not being on the list, I was rather hoping she would make godmother.

But I think I can see the godparents from the guestlist now. :flowers:

Tatjana Blatnik is the girlfriend of Prince Nikolaos of Greece and Denmark, lumutqueen!

It's interesting, the 92 y-o Count Carl Johann Bernadotte will attend...he is the last surviving great-great-uncle of the little Prince.

:previous:
Is the Count 92?
I wonder what the reason behind him attending is?
I'm very glad that someone from sweden is attending.
Last surviving great-great uncle, how wonderful.

I love that they have included Danish summer flowers and French lavender in the flowers! A fitting tribute!

It says the flowers are white, creamy yellow, and delicate mauve. There are floral decorations on the pews that symbolize life and happiness. There are dahlias, hortensia, roses, and snapdragons among the flowers.

Here is another article that talks about the town's preparations for the christening:

http://ekstrabladet.dk/flash/kongelige/danskekongelige/article1198610.ece

It says, "the streets are blocked, the flags are displayed". The town looks very charming. I would love to visit someday!

Caroline Flemming has now arrived. She is a friend of the DRF, and the one who was there when Marie and Joachim met for the first time! She looks lovely in a black and white printed dress and black fascinator with black flowers. I wonder if she will be a godmother?

Last edited by a moderator:
Caroline Flemming has now arrived! She is a friend of the DRF, and the one who was there when Marie and Joachim met for the first time!

Caroline looks beautiful in here dress:)

Who is Caroline Flemming?

Back
Top Bottom