Christening of Prince Henrik: July 26, 2009

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I guess the godparents will be announced at 17:00.

Who is Caroline Flemming?

She is Princess Mary's second Lady In Waiting and Personal Secretary. :flowers:

Caroline Flemming has now arrived. She is a friend of the DRF, and the one who was there when Marie and Joachim met for the first time! She looks lovely in a black and white printed dress and black fascinator with black flowers. I wonder if she will be a godmother?

Have you got a picture sgl?
:flowers:

She is Princess Mary's second Lady In Waiting and Personal Secretary. :flowers:

Sorry, but that is another Caroline, Caroline Heering. This Caroline is a Baroness, and a friend of the family. The other Caroline is also a friend of the family, but works closely with Princess Mary.

Caroline Heering is now in the church. They have just showed her sitting next to her husband. She is wearing black, and has long red hair.

Last edited:
Billed Bladet is reporting that the following are the godparents:

HRH the Crown Princess
Mr Benjamin Grandet
Mr Charles Cavallier
Mrs Britt Davidsen Siesbye
Mr Christian Scherfig

Have you got a picture sgl?

I don't. I tried to take a shot from the video, but can't figure it out. Sorry! :flowers:

I had a feeling that Britt Siesbye would be a godmother! I wonder who the other godmothers are. Or maybe there is only one?

you changed the ladies :flowers: the one you are talking about is Caroline Heering.

Sorry, but that is another Caroline, Caroline Heering. This Caroline is a Baroness, and a friend of the family. The other Caroline is also a friend of the family, but works closely with Princess Mary.

You are quite right. I apologise. I see the name Caroline and automatically think of Caroline Heering. :lol:

Billed Bladet is reporting that the following are the godparents:

HRH the Crown Princess
Mr Benjamin Grandet
Mr Charles Cavallier
Mrs Britt Davidsen Siesbye
Mr Christian Scherfig

That would be a wonderful list for the godparents. If it is true. Shame no Crown Prince though.

I don't. I tried to take a shot from the video, but can't figure it out. Sorry! :flowers:

I had a feeling that Britt Siesbye would be a godmother! I wonder who the other godmothers are. Or maybe there is only one?

sgl are you not counting the Crown Princess as a godmother?

The Crown Prince is godfather of Prince Nikolai.

I'd say the godparents are correct, as both Britt and I believe Christian are sitting in seperate chairs away from the other guests.

:previous:
Is the Count 92?
I wonder what the reason behind him attending is?
I'm very glad that someone from sweden is attending.
Last surviving great-great uncle, how wonderful.
Yes, the Count is 92. I guess he attends as a relative, he is the uncle of queen Margrethe.

I was certain that crown princess Mary would be one of the godmother! I guess it's the first time she is a prince's or princesse's godmother!

I'd say the godparents are correct, as both Britt and I believe Christian are sitting in seperate chairs away from the other guests.

I was just about to say the same thing! The bishop is over talking to them now

This is incredible unfair, the links for the live feed don't work for me over in asia.
It's wonderful that Mary will be godmother, i realise that Frederik is godfather to Nikolai but I had hoped he would be godfather to the new prince. :flowers:

Maries family have now arrived and there is a large bus on its way to the church

Last edited:
Marie's family is coming!

Her mother is really elegant!

Royal family is arriving by bus!

Marie's mother has arrived!

Her father and brothers are also here.

I think the royals are on the bus that is approaching.

Last edited by a moderator:
The Royal Bus is on its way to the Church.

Am surprised Mrs Grassiot is not wearing a headpiece of some sort.

I cannot wait to see pictures of the little prince.

The family of Princess Marie is very elegant.

The godparents are all seated.

Marie's brothers have now taken their seats with the other godparents.

Nikolai and Felix have arrived

This is incredible exciting :flowers:
Can't wait for the name to be announced. Thank you everyone for the up to date, updates. :lol:

Nikolai and Felix are wearing the same suits from Henrik's birthday...shame.

Nikolai is here! His suit looks too big, but it's kind of cute.

Mary looks gorgeous, but she is also not wearing a headpiece. Little Isabella is so cute. I am surprised to see Christian in short trousers. It looks kind of strange, IMO.

Mary looks beautiful and Isabella is adorable

Adorable children. Isabella looks so cute with some curls in her hair.

Back
Top Bottom