Birth of Prince Felix: July 22, 2002

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Alexandria

Heir Apparent
Country
Canada
POLFOTO 22.07.2002 Prins Joachim møder pressen på Rigshospitalet efter prinsesse Alexandra kl. 10.56 har født en dreng på 3486 g og 52 cm. Hvad den nye "Lilleprins" skal hedde melder historien ikke noget om. "Han kan komme til at hedde alt fra Ib til Nebukadnezer", sagde Prins Joachim.

POLFOTO 22.07.2002 Klokken 10.56 blev prinsesse Alexandra og prins Joachim forældre, og Nikolai storebror til en lille dreng på 3486 g. og 52 cm. Fødslen foregik på Rigshospitalet. Her fortæller den stolte far prins Joachim om fødslen, så lang er han.

POLFOTO 22.07.2002 Klokken 10.56 blev prinsesse Alexandra og prins Joachim forældre, og Nikolai storebror til en lille dreng på 3486 g. og 52 cm. Fødslen foregik på Rigshospitalet. Her fortæller den stolte far prins Joachim om fødslen, så lang er han.

POLFOTO 22.07.2002 Klokken 10.56 blev prinsesse Alexandra og prins Joachim forældre, og Nikolai storebror til en lille dreng på 3486 g. og 52 cm. Fødslen foregik på Rigshospitalet. Farfar og farmor, prins Henrik og dronning Margrethe med prins Nikolai i midten besøgte Alexandra. Yderst til højre ses fødselslæge, professor Johannes Bock.

POLFOTO 22.07.2002 Klokken 10.56 blev prinsesse Alexandra og prins Joachim forældre, og Nikolai storebror til en lille dreng på 3486 g. og 52 cm. Fødslen foregik på Rigshospitalet. Farfar og farmor, prins Henrik og dronning Margrethe med prins Nikolai i midten besøgte Alexandra. Yderst til højre ses fødselslæge, professor Johannes Bock.

POLFOTO 26.07.2002 Prins Joachim, prinsesse Alexandra og prins Nikolai forlader Rigshospitalet med den nye lille prins. Prins Joachim med sin nye søn.

Attachments

• DK_felix_birth_500.jpg
    DK_felix_birth_500.jpg
    28.2 KB · Views: 701
  • DK_felix_500a.jpg
    DK_felix_500a.jpg
    24.5 KB · Views: 492
  • DK_felix_birth_500c.jpg
    DK_felix_birth_500c.jpg
    29.7 KB · Views: 473
  • DK_felix_birth_501.jpg
    DK_felix_birth_501.jpg
    29.5 KB · Views: 614
  • DK_felix_birth_501a.jpg
    DK_felix_birth_501a.jpg
    25.1 KB · Views: 579
  • DK_felix_birth_501b.jpg
    DK_felix_birth_501b.jpg
    24 KB · Views: 599
  • DK_felix_birth_502.jpg
    DK_felix_birth_502.jpg
    28.6 KB · Views: 638
Last edited by a moderator:
Here´s two pics of Joachim and Alexandra with newborn Felix at the hospital on July 25 2002

c7037
c7044

... if I see how luckely prince Joachim looks I can't believe he and princess Alexandra are in divorce. Why... why??

I arrived in Copenhagen the day after the birth and my tour guide was so excited she had trouble telling us about things we were seeing. She did point out where she was when she heard the news. She made sure we all got to see the local papers reporting the news and even encouraged us to buy copies of the paper. As I couldn't read Danish I didn't, which I now regret as it would have been great to have in my collection of royal papers. Oh well!!

more photos

Attachments

• sipaphotos047035.jpg
    sipaphotos047035.jpg
    36.3 KB · Views: 413
  • sipaphotos047034.jpg
    sipaphotos047034.jpg
    50.6 KB · Views: 448
  • sipaphotos047032.jpg
    sipaphotos047032.jpg
    37 KB · Views: 572
  • showcasepix060572.jpg
    showcasepix060572.jpg
    33.8 KB · Views: 485
now felix got a little brother
and he himslef is not jsut a little brother but also a big brother

I now feel sorry for Felix as he is the midde child and that is an awful place to be.
Maybe soon he'll have a sister. :)
x

Even if Felix is the middle child, he will spend more time in Copenhagen than Schackenborg, so will probably not feel the full effect of that position in the family. It is, however, a very positive thing that he and Nikolai have a sibling when visiting their father and eventually someone with whom they can play.

Getting more siblings, including a sister, would be even better for them. A full family, with lots of opportunities to do many things together - become friends, etc. Hopefully, this will not be their only child together.

I think that their father is far happier this way than all by himself in Schackenborg. Of course, he and Marie will have the opportunity to travel between the country and Copenhagen as often as their duties permit, up until the little one (or little ones, later) begin school.

I now feel sorry for Felix as he is the midde child and that is an awful place to be.
Maybe soon he'll have a sister. :)
x

A middle child is not always in an awkward position. ( I speak from experience :lol:). I am sure it will be an adjustement for both little princes having a little brother who lives with daddy and they live with mommy. However this is one well adjusted extended family so they will all manage.

I agree with Odette.

Perhaps the extended time in Copenhagen after the birth is to give the older brothers plenty of time to visit and get used to the little one. Living far apart most of the time will have its drawbacks, but overall, Marie and Joachim both are sensitive to the feelings of Nikolai and Felix. I feel that they will make every effort to ensure closeness between the three boys (and more siblings later).

Back
Top Bottom