Baby Girl for Prince Joachim and Princess Marie: January 24, 2012

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Wow!! Am so pleased and happy for them!! A gorgeous little princess, i am so so thrilled.
Congratulations to them.

Nyfødt prinsesse fejres med 21 kanonskud klokken 12 - Politiken.dk

Since a Princess has been born salutes will be fired at noon from Kronborg and the Naval battery Sixtus. (Located next to where the Flag of the Realm fly).
21 shots will be fired in total from each battery.

The weather is fine and frost-clear today so that should provide some great footage of the fortress of Kronborg. The seventeen canons there are from 1766-1769. And they are the oldest canons in the world regularly being used.

If Joachim hasn't already done it by now, he will very shortly write a letter to QMII, informing Her Majesty that a Princess has been born.
That letter will be brought to the Queen later today.
Then it's official and the Danish embassies can inform the governments in foreign countries that a new heir in the Line of Succession has been born. - In case anything should contemplate a marriage alliance....

ADDED: This also means that Dannebrog will fly from all official buildings from noon today, until sunset.

The maternity team has spoken to the press: Fødselsteam: Marie er dygtig til at føde - dr.dk/Nyheder/Indland

Leading midwife, Birgitte Hillerup said: "Marie is good at giving birth", she added that the team had been on stand-by for a few days.

Doctor Morten Hedegaard said: "It was a very fine birth. It progressed quickly from when the patient arrived between 03.00-04.00 this night and until the birth. And it's a really fine Princess. Prince Joachim handled it well, he was a moral support and a practical support as well".

He added that Marie had an epidural.
"The newborn Princess is very beautiful. For the first half an hour she was wide awake and (she) lay and looked around with big eyes. But she was comfortable in the arms of the mother".

The midwife cannot say anything about when our Marie and petite Marie will leave the hospital.

Last edited by a moderator:
We won't know that until the Christening, which will be about April time.

And 4 - 5 hours is a quick labour in my mind, i've heard about ones lasting 36+.
Yes yes i aplogise i thought myself in arab reign house :ROFLMAO:
sorry

TV2 says that we may expect the Regent Couple to drop by late in the afternoon, early in the evening.

It is more questionable whether we will actually see M&F, as they may sneak in and out of the hospital through corridors underground.

if our Marie and little Marie are fine I think she may leave the hospital during the weekend.
(In the meantime you can start coming up with temporary names until the christening :p).

I do remember with little Henrik, F and M answered questions from the press when they visited Marie in hospital. Maybe we will see them this time too??

Charlotte_Aster said:
Will she be called lillepigen until the christening again?
No Shirley and Elvis this time, shame

Lille fille? Petit pigen? No such obvious temporary name choices for today as then. It is Marguerite Durand's birthday though, but... Maybe it's just Lillepigen again.

Yay! A new princess!! Congratulations!!

She was only at the hospital 4.5 hours before the baby was born. Who knows how long she labored at home. Not all women go to the hospital at the first contraction.

I know I didn't. I stayed in my comfortable home until it became too much too bear at home and then I went to the hospital.

Great news!
Wow, 4,5 hours is really quick!!!
I'm really wondering what the name could be!!!
I think there would'nt be a number 5...

Henrik will learn to walk now, baby girl will take his place in Mom's arms ;)

Lille fille? Petit pigen? No such obvious temporary name choices for today as then. It is Marguerite Durand's birthday though, but... Maybe it's just Lillepigen again.

Or mini-Marie perhaps? I think I remember Isabella being referred to as 'mini-Mary' before her christening a few times... :)

Another detail from BT.

Joachim said (after the TV2 camera cut away) that it had been difficult for him and Marie to keep the gender a secret because they had both been so delighted that it would be a girl.
For the same reason the younger siblings had not been told about the gender.

As for names, weeell, Joachim suggested Sheherazade, buuut, that is hardly likely to be true. (Fine with me, because writing that name each time I should refer to M&J's new Piaf, would take some serious spell checking for the first few weeks).

Congratulations to the happy parents!

Yaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Congratulations to the parents and all the family!

Good news to start the day.
Congratulations to the family! I'm very happy for them!

Congratulations to Joachim, Marie, Nikolai, Felix and Henrik!!! And more congratulations to QM2 the family and Denmark!!!!!

Congratulations to the lovely family!!!

Cant' wait to see the baby!!!

Aw, finally a little Princess!
Congratulations to both Marie, Joachim, Nikolai, Felix and Henrik with the little girl.

BTW: Are here any members sad that it's a princess and not a prince?

Why would anyone be that? It's so beautiful that they now have a daughter too.

Congratulations !!! A new little princess, that's awesome !!! :flowers:

Joachim said (after the TV2 camera cut away) that it had been difficult for him and Marie to keep the gender a secret because they had both been so delighted that it would be a girl.

Is anyone really surprised?? ;):D
Prince Joachim said shortly after the announcement of the pregnancy that he wanted a daughter! And he got a baby princess!
When his first wife was expecting Prince Nikolaj, Joachim said that he wanted a son!
There you go!
And congratulations from me too! :flowers::daneflag:

viv

Last edited:
What wonderful news! Congratulations to the whole family. A little princess to spoil and love.

Great news!Congratulation!!! I'm so happy for them..know marie have a couple

what is the name for the little princess???

What wonderful news: now Denmark has again three princesses to watch grow up. I'll call her Madita, which I was told is a Danish/Swedish pet name for "little Margrethe".

Congratulations!!
Wonderful News for Prince Joachim, Princess Marie, Princes Nikolai, Felix & Henrik!
A new little Princess for Denmark to celebrate!!

(& a lovely little playmate for Princess' Isabella & Josephine!!! ;) )

I look forward to hearing her name!

xoxos

Back
Top Bottom