Baby Girl for Prince Joachim and Princess Marie: January 24, 2012

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
:previous:
No. Thanks, Ghost_night554:flowers: That is the entire session.

Marie is a goddess, Joachim is great, the baby is super cute but why the heck is she wrapped in a pink sweatshirt? Could no one locate a soft pink blanket? ;)
I think they opted for comfy rather for good look, very sensibly from parents side. Don't forget that there is middle of the winter in Denmark, I'm pretty sure that they don't want to risk any cold. Safety first.

I think they opted for comfy rather for good look, very sensibly from parents side. Don't forget that there is middle of the winter in Denmark, I'm pretty sure that they don't want to risk any cold. Safety first.

It looks like a pink snow suit as you can see the arms and legs in different pictures.

Thanks for the explanation on PET Muhler! It's very surprising to learn that they have no security assigned to them 24/7. Denmark is such a great, down-to-earth place! I love it.

Plus it's not really a sweatshirt! It's an outwear suit that will allow her to be strapped comfortably in the car seat.

Last edited by a moderator:
Oh....She's a sweet little one, isn't she? :flowers:

Many thanks to one and all for all the pictures and videos!!

Now we have the wait for the Christening and learning of the little Princess's names. :)

Wow! Marie makes it look easy. Looks as if she just got out of a health spa instead of having a baby. Her Danish seems like a native to me, who doesn't understand a word but it seems like she speaks like everyone else.
Do M&J speak French to each other? Danish? Or English?

Does anyone know when the christening is scheduled for...?

Wow! Marie makes it look easy. Looks as if she just got out of a health spa instead of having a baby. Her Danish seems like a native to me, who doesn't understand a word but it seems like she speaks like everyone else.
Do M&J speak French to each other? Danish? Or English?

You are right, her Danish pronounciation is very good indeed.

Our Marie told in an interview that initially she insisted on using Danish during the day but in the evening she relaxed and she and Joachim spoke French. - Whether that is still the case I don't know. She does however speak French to bette Henrik in order for him to become bilingual.
I can imagine when they discuss something (or are having an argument) that Marie speaks French.

You are welcome, Juliette :)

Last edited:
Will there be official pictures of the couple with the princess like what we see from the crown prince couple?
I can't remember if we do get them from Joachim & Marie :confused:

I'm sure we will! There were some wonderful pics released after little Henrik was born, see here! :flowers:

You are right, her Danish pronounciation is very good indeed.

Our Marie told in an interview that initially she insisted on using Danish during the day but in the evening she relaxed and she and Joachim spoke French. - Whether that is still the case I don't know. She does however speak French to bette Henrik in order for him to become bilingual.
I can imagine when they discuss something (or are having an argument) that Marie speaks French.

You are welcome, Juliette :)
Thank you for this insight. Your comment leads me to wonder whether the Queen and her consort also speak French to one another in private as the Queen's French is very good indeed!:flowers: I would also think that the crown princess would be working on her French language skills, being the only one in the immediate family not fluent in cette belle langue:whistling:

I know it's 4 days late but Congrats to Princess Marie, Prince Joachim and his sons!:flowers: I hoped for a girl for them. Their new daughter is adorable.:)
I am looking forward to hearing the annoucement of the name at the christening in 3 months.;)

I would also think that the crown princess would be working on her French language skills, being the only one in the immediate family not fluent in cette belle langue
I doubt it. Mary has been Crown Princess for 8 years and there is no indication that she has learnt French in that time. Besides...considering that English is her mother language, her emphasis may be on teaching her children that language...not French!

Was just looking in YouTube the presentation of Nikolai and Felix , when Alexandra left the hospital. It is amazing the difference, she totally overtook the conversation, hardly letting Joachim a word sideways. It is really nice to see that now, he and Marie present their newborn each giving each other to answer.:flowers:

I'm sure we will! There were some wonderful pics released after little Henrik was born, see here! :flowers:

He appears to be at least a couple of months old in these, he can hold his head up! I'm sure it will be a month or two before we see photos. Isabella and the twins were a couple of months after too. From memory, I think only Christian had photos released the day he left hospital because he will be the crown prince?

Last edited:
He appears to be at least a couple of months old in these, he can hold his head up! I'm sure it will be a month or two before we see photos. Isabella and the twins were a couple of months after too. From memory, I think only Christian had photos released the day he left hospital because he will be the crown prince?
Prince Henrik is almost 2 months old on these photos. He was born 4th May 2009 and the photos were realeased 27th June 2009.

The twins first official photos were taken on 22nd February 2011.

Last edited:
I just love how Joachim could not help but smile!

Was just looking in YouTube the presentation of Nikolai and Felix , when Alexandra left the hospital. It is amazing the difference, she totally overtook the conversation, hardly letting Joachim a word sideways. It is really nice to see that now, he and Marie present their newborn each giving each other to answer.:flowers:
Well, that's interesting;) You couldn't help but notice how smitten these two are with each other.

Hopefully, the christening shall take place between 24th of May and the 11 June 2012.

:flowers:

I wonder if it shall be held at Mogeltonder Kirke and whether Pss Marie's other brothers Grandet and Cavaillier, Britt Siesbye, Pss Tatiana, Pss Alexia, Pss Claire, Pss Martha-Louise, Pss Charlene, Pss Theodora, Pss Alexandra, Carina Axelsson, Pss Nathalie, Prince Nikolaos, Prince Phillipos, Pss Elena, Pss Letizia, Prince Felipe, CPss Maxima, Pss Madeleine, CPss Mathilde, CPss Mette-Marit, CP Willem-Alexander, Pss Astrid, CPss Victoria, Prince Daniel, Prince Carl-Phillip and or shall be the godparents to the new Princess.

It shall be great when her names are entered into the Danish Royal Succession book after her christening perhaps before the Danish Royal family has their summer holidays at chateau Cahors-Caix(cayx) & their August summer holiday at Grasten slot in Jylland.

She was born 12 days before her mother's birthday and 11 days before her paternal aunt's birthday.

I doubt it. Mary has been Crown Princess for 8 years and there is no indication that she has learnt French in that time. Besides...considering that English is her mother language, her emphasis may be on teaching her children that language...not French!

I believe out of politeness for the Prince Consort she might well have learned French. But didn't she live in Paris first when she came to Europe? I wouldn't wonder if French was her first foreign language at school, so she probably had a basic education from which to work on (holidays in Cayx, friendship with Mathilde of Belgium, Marie as a sister-in-law, her father-in-law - a lot of possibilities to use French if she wanted).

Hopefully, the christening shall take place between 24th of May and the 11 June 2012.

I wonder if it shall be held at Mogeltonder Kirke
It shall be great when her names are entered into the Danish Royal Succession book after her christening perhaps before the Danish Royal family has their summer holidays at chateau Cahors-Caix(cayx) & their August summer holiday at Grasten slot in Jylland.

Are you on holiday in that period?

I think you can be sure the christening will take place in Møgeltønder.

As for the protocol. let's go through that one again.

Okay, Piaf was born. (Joachim naturally phoned his parents) Joachim sat down and wrote a letter to Her Majesty informing her that a new Princess has been born.
That letter is hand delivered to QMII, after which the system is officially notified. I.e. the government and Parliament.

After the Christening, (which beforehand was considered the most important event, rather than the actual birth and as such took place a few days later) the Foreign Minister will at some point write the names into a protocol from 1760.
Then Piaf is officially considered the tenth in the line of succession.
When that is done the Danish embassies will inform the local foreign ministries, telling them that there is a new living Christian Princess in Denmark (in case anyone will consider a betrothal or has a claim for the Danish throne). That is taken ad notam.

I believe out of politeness for the Prince Consort she might well have learned French. But didn't she live in Paris first when she came to Europe? I wouldn't wonder if French was her first foreign language at school, so she probably had a basic education from which to work on (holidays in Cayx, friendship with Mathilde of Belgium, Marie as a sister-in-law, her father-in-law - a lot of possibilities to use French if she wanted).
I agree and am quite sure she wanted, as French is an important language in the de Montpezat family, to be sure! The Prince Consort has said that the Crown Prince will inherit Cayx so that it would surprise me very much if the Crown Princess were not already able to hold her own in French.:cool:

I hope it is in Copenhagen on the 19th or 20th April. I'll be in Copenhagen those days!!!!! so excited!!! :bounce:

I think the christening will take place in Mogeltonder, where the Princes Felix and Henrik got christened and Marie and Joachim married.

Congratulations Princess Marie - Prince Joachim and Danish Royal Family

I find it rather odd that Frederik gets the Chateau, as he will not have (when King) all that much extra time to run this winery/estate (after all it is a very time consuming business) and I believe (I may of course be wrong) that Mary herself has said she doesn/t speak or understand French.

Back
Top Bottom