Baby Boy for Princess Marie and Prince Joachim: May 4, 2009

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Yes I do hope she'll be out of hospital tommorow. I would love to see the little baby.
Cannot wait for the christening.
X

Congratulations Joachim, Marie, Nikolai and Felix

Congratulations to Princess Marie, Prince Joachim, his two sons, Princes Nikolai and Felix.:flowers: I was expecting them to have a girl. I am looking foward to seeing their new baby prince tomorrow or Thursday.:)

There is a video of Marie's father and mother arriving in the lobby of the hospital. I think they were speaking in french to each other. The press addressed them either in french or english. I think her father answered, "Enchante" - can't be sure, the audio wasn't that great.

I wonder if they stay at Amelienborg or hotels.

Sorry for so many questions but generally when do christening's take place. I think Prince Nikolai's was held 3 months after his birth. Do they usually get shown I believe Prince Christian's was aired or atleast I think I saw a clip on youtube.

Here is the clip of Marie's mother arriving at the hospital:

BT TV - underholdning, nyheder, krimi, royalt. BT.dk

I don't know if the christening will be shown on TV or not, since this child isn't the crown prince (not sure if that makes a difference). I do think that photos will be released, and we can expect to see them. It seems like the christenings take place at 3-4 months after the baby's birth. Isabella was born in April, and her christening was in July. This seems to be the pattern.

^Thank you for the info, either way I'm super excited and by then the baby will have grown it'll be exciting

Congratulations to Marie and Joachim!!!

I was convinced that she was having a girl but a little boy is wonderful. My own son has just turned two (he is four days younger than Princess Isabella) and is so affectionate, yet mischevious and funny as well. I myself am just seven days older than Princess Marie and will follow any future pregnancies that she or I may have with particular interest as at present we are both one child a piece!

Congratulations to Prince Joachim, Princess Marie, Prince Nicolai and Prince Felix!!!!

May the new little Prince have a happy, healthy, prosperous and wonderful life!!!

A second family for Joachim, a new beginning. This is wonderful - no wonder he is so happy. The tears of happiness he had on his wedding day are now justified.

What a beautiful event. Congratulations to him, Marie, Nicolai, and Felix. This is the beginning of a new phase of their lives.

The people in Mogeltonder must also be anxious for them to get back home so they can celebrate this birth with them. Just wonderful.

I Agree its wonderful im sure the Prince is as sweet as can be!

Crongratulations to prince Joachim and princess Marie. I hoped on a girl, but I expected a boy.

When the baby Prince will be given his name? Prince Joachim said that he and his family will call the baby Prince as Ib or Nebucenasser or something? what do they mean actually?

Probably they will announce baby name at christening. It is something July-August...

When the baby Prince will be given his name? Prince Joachim said that he and his family will call the baby Prince as Ib or Nebucenasser or something? what do they mean actually?

According to Danish tradition, babies are given their names at the christening ceremony. This usually happens around 3 months after the birth. When Joachim said that the baby's name could be Ib or Nebuchudnezzer, he was teasing the media, who were trying to get him to state what the name could be. They may very well have picked out a name, but it won't be publicly announced until the christening.

Here's another article about Marie's mother's vist:

http://www.billedbladet.dk/Kongelige/ArticleFolder/2009/5/Maries foraeldre fanget paa Riget.aspx

Some of Marie's friends from France have come to visit:

http://www.billedbladet.dk/Kongelige/ArticleFolder/2009/5/Prinsesse Marie fik besoeg af Sparre.aspx

Last edited:
That Joachim is now ahead of his brother in the number of children. When asked whether he was planning to even up the score, Frederik said that time would tell and that Mary and he were still young.

:previous: This article says that Marie is waiting until Thursday to go home with the new baby. She and the baby are doing well, according to the article. The midwife interviewed for the article said that it is normal for the mother and baby to stay for three days. I can't wait to see photos of the baby!

This article says that Marie is waiting until Thursday to go home with the new baby. She and the baby are doing well, according to the article.
Sounds good. So if it's true we'll finally see the Lilleprins tomorrow. I'm really curious how he looks like...:flowers:

sgl said:
The midwife interviewed for the article said that it is normal for the mother and baby to stay for three days. I can't wait to see photos of the baby!
wow... that's long. Here women are send home after 24 hours (after a normal birth). ;)

I can't wait to see the baby.

Sounds good. So if it's true we'll finally see the Lilleprins tomorrow. I'm really curious how he looks like...:flowers:

wow... that's long. Here women are send home after 24 hours (after a normal birth). ;)

I know. In the US, they kick you out as soon as possible because of the costs. The article said that they want to make sure that the mother is healing properly, and that the baby has learned to nurse (this was just general info, not specifically for Marie). They also said that it allows the mother to get proper rest.

Billed Bladet is offering their text-message service again. This time, it is for when Marie goes home. It's only for Danish phone numbers.

Billed-Bladet - Skal vi fortælle dig, hvornår Marie tager hjem?

Congratulations !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Back
Top Bottom