Baby Boy for Princess Marie and Prince Joachim: May 4, 2009

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Did not intend to confuse, sorry. I'm joining this rather late and I had just read that Joachim had announced the birth to Mary by calling her. That's where I got the Tante.

I thought they might go today, but tomorrow is probably better. The baby isn't even 24 hours old yet, and Marie surely is ready for some well deserved rest.

Any news from Geneva and her mother yet?

No worries I musta just confused myself, not your fault :flowers:

Did not intend to confuse, sorry. I'm joining this rather late and I had just read that Joachim had announced the birth to Mary by calling her. That's where I got the Tante.

I thought they might go today, but tomorrow is probably better. The baby isn't even 24 hours old yet, and Marie surely is ready for some well deserved rest.

Any news from Geneva and her mother yet?

I haven't seen anything, but I am sure that she is most likely on her way, if not already there. I loved seeing the excitement on Marie's father's face this morning! He looked absolutely thrilled, and I never noticed before that Marie really resembles him. They have the same warm smile.

I am not saying I am disappointed that it is a boy...I like it! But I thought, because to me Marie looks to me like a "girl" person that she would be the one to bear Joachim 4 daughters...Two sons with his first wife and four daughters with his second...and besides I would have love to have four little French-Danish girl with French-Danish names...like Heloise, Desiree, Brigitte, Sophie...

All that aside...I can't wait to hear a name...I like the suggestion of Albert although I think of Albert of Monaco and maybe not such a suitable role model...and I do think Alain should be included or Francois because Marie's mother's name is Francoise...just like Mary did with Christian (Henri) and then Isabella Henrietta...both versions of her mother's name...

wait the next baby will be a princess . in the future , prince Joachim and Princess Marie will have more children .

Id like for them to stick with Danish Names but as long as hes Healthy :)

Congratulations to the family.

Last edited:
Great!!!!!

do we know when the new mother and the baby leave the hospital??

just like Mary did with Christian (Henri) and then Isabella Henrietta...both versions of her mother's name...

i think christian's name is henri (as in french for henrik), in honour of frederik's father, who is french. it would be henry if it were the male version of henrietta. (but who knows, maybe it was meant to be something for both mary's mother and frederik's father).

it's nice to see frederik and mary came for a visit, although i was hoping that they brought christian and isabella with them! it would have been so nice for them to meet their new cousin. what did they say when leaving the hospital to the press? can someone translate? http://ekstrabladet.tv/flash/article1163882.ece

were there any news on the day marie will get released from hospital?

Last edited:
Could anyone see what bag was Frederick carrying? Maybe a Marie Chantal shopping bag? I think they did well not to bring Christtian and Isabella because it was wised to doso, they would make noise and they would not care for this visit, at home will be the best way to present themselves.

congratulations to Marie and Joachim - another little prince for the danish royal family

What did Frederick and Mary say to the press? Can anybody translate it, please?

congratulations to the parents!
welcome to the world, little prince:flowers:

Congratulations to Marie, Joachim, Nikolai and Felix! Wonderful news! More princeses are a good thing. There are alot of princesses to match with in the future.

I love that Mary brought what looked liked her newly-named tulips for Marie and then she and Frederik kissed before getting into their car at the end. :hug: As with everybody else, I can hardly wait to see the newborn!

Great news!!! Have Felix and Nicolas seen their new baby brother yet? Any news on when the happy couple and their new born might leave the hospital?

Congratulations to Joachim && Marie

Any word on how much longer till Marie is released from the hospital, I know we were saying something like Thursday but has the media given any hints?

I hope so! I can't wait any more to see the new little prince.

didn't some member say mary and alexandra were released 2 days after the birth? hopefully we will see them tomorrow! how exciting.

does anyone know where frederik and mary bought their present for the little prince?

Back
Top Bottom