What Advice Would You Give To Mary?

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Josefine

Majesty
Country
Sweden
What Advice Would You Give To Mary?
Now when she will be a Crown Princess and a future Queen
What should she think about?

I think Mary should be thinking about representing her new country well and developing a bond with the Danish people. Also, she should be thinking about what charity work she will preforme as CP and eventually Queen.

Last edited:
I think she should (and will) listen and read, and in action smile.

Learn the Danish language better
But that she probably knows

I would also say that she need to find a friend in a other royal family that can be her support in her royal role...

Last edited:
You don't need advice Mary. You have adapted to this life of royalty very well. It is obvious that Crown Prince Frederik and you are in love. From Smiley

Listen to your mother-in-law. She personifies royalty for many people. And don´t sweat the small stuff.

We think that for now it's enough if she just keeps on doing things as she does now! She has charmed most of the Danes and should just keep us amazed :p

And then she should talk with her mother-in-law, but maybe also try to talk to some of the other queens or crown princess who has tried the same thing as her(moving to another new country and get into the people and so!)!!!

Last edited:
stop modelling and start doing more usefull stuff like the other crownprincesses of Europe.

Don't listen to all the mean criticism going around. You are doing a terrific job and your hard work is visible to all who care to see it. Also, I second the suggestion above of finding a close friend in the royal circle. Mathilde of Belgium seems like she would be a great friend and confidante.

Do the best you can because at least when you lay your head down at night, you know you gave it your all. Also, don't worry about pleasing everybody...No matter what you do, there are going to be people who will talk. It's just human nature to do so.

I'd echo the finding someone in the same position as yourself, ie. a crown princess, to exchange ideas with. Crown Prince Haakon of Norway has said that he tends to do it with Crown Prince Frederik, because, while Norway and Denmark aren't exactly the same, it is nice to have someone to talk to who knows what you're going through.

She should let do of the modeling and the stiff unnatural smile. Posing, posing posing... she reminds me of Madonna's song and videotape «Vogue».

stop going to fashion shows, taking vacations, unatural smile, raising chin,and posing. Relax, do some real work, and learn the language better.

Princess BellyFlop said:
Am I the only one to find Mary «cold»? Not a warm and caring person.
I have learnt that some people who have a problem of shyness:eek: , give an impression of a cold shoulder to cover up their uncomfortability.

Stop looking for the cameras, it is so unnatural and most of all, unroyal. Stop doing fashion shoots and useless interviews. Maintain some dignity and mystery. Get in there and get your hands dirty and show that you want to and are trying to make a difference and contribution to Danish society. There is a difference between lending your name to a cause, showing up to receive a bouquet of flowers and cut a ribbon and then leaving, versus actually WORKING with/for a few causes.

chanel said:
Any new advice?

Listen to your instincts as they shall guide you throughout your numerous duties and indeed your life. Become emotionally, psychologically and spiritually thicker skinned than you are at present. Although you are indeed very stong, living within a Royal Family requires that One must possess additional enduring qualities even more so than is generally expected. You'll be amazed at how much stronger you'll become and have blossomed within the Royal Ways. Know that you endeavour to do your best and that you can do no more, thereby acknowledging your limitations. Beauty, Humility and Nobility, that which you already possess are innate and radiate from within, are timeless and shall aid you in remaining steadfast within the face of adversity, when necessary. As long as you remember that duty is more than a Noun, originates from God and that you answer only to him and that you continue to endeavour to do that which is Right, you shall not go wrong. :)

Last edited:
queenanne said:
Don't listen to all the mean criticism going around. You are doing a terrific job and your hard work is visible to all who care to see it. Also, I second the suggestion above of finding a close friend in the royal circle. Mathilde of Belgium seems like she would be a great friend and confidante.

Spot on! You have hit the nail on the head! Very Very well said! :p

As a Crown Princess of Denmark, Mary is doing a great job so far and she will surely continue to improve.

Mary and Frederik compliment each other very well and they are a dream couple! :)

Cheers

Roshanah said:
Listen to your instincts as they shall guide you throughout your numerous duties and indeed your life. Become emotionally, psychologically and spiritually thicker skinned than you are at present. Although you are indeed very stong, living within a Royal Family requires that One must possess additional enduring qualities even more so than is generally expected. You'll be amazed at how much stronger you'll become and have blossomed within the Royal Ways. Know that you endeavour to do your best and that you can do no more, thereby acknowledging your limitations. Beauty, Humility and Nobility, that which you already possess are innate and radiate from within, are timeless and shall aid you in remaining steadfast within the face of adversity, when necessary. As long as you remember that duty is more than a Noun, originates from God and that you answer only to him and that you continue to endeavour to do that which is Right, you shall not go wrong. :)

Wow, you said it soooooooo beautifully! I totally agree with you! Well done! :)

I admire your posts and your wisdom. EXCELLENT ADVICE! :p

Cheers

Roshanah said:

Well said Roshanah!! :) :)

Linda Hsu and Harmony, Thank you very much.:)

Don't pay attentions to those that don't criticize and/or agree with everything you do because they maybe afraid to tell you the truth.

So people criticize because they care even though they may not show it.

Get rid of Amber!

paloma said:
Stop looking for the cameras, it is so unnatural and most of all, unroyal. Stop doing fashion shoots and useless interviews. Maintain some dignity and mystery. Get in there and get your hands dirty and show that you want to and are trying to make a difference and contribution to Danish society. There is a difference between lending your name to a cause, showing up to receive a bouquet of flowers and cut a ribbon and then leaving, versus actually WORKING with/for a few causes.

well said:)

smiley said:
You don't need advice Mary. You have adapted to this life of royalty very well. It is obvious that Crown Prince Frederik and you are in love. From Smiley

Well said. I'm amazed at some of the posts here and how mean and critical they are. No, she's not perfect, but give her a time to grow into her role! She's been married a little over a year and is now expecting her first child. I think she'll do her new country proud.

"Originally Posted by paloma
Stop looking for the cameras, it is so unnatural and most of all, unroyal. Stop doing fashion shoots and useless interviews. Maintain some dignity and mystery. Get in there and get your hands dirty and show that you want to and are trying to make a difference and contribution to Danish society. There is a difference between lending your name to a cause, showing up to receive a bouquet of flowers and cut a ribbon and then leaving, versus actually WORKING with/for a few causes."

Absolutely, and I'd add look to other Crown Princesses for an example as to how to inprove your behavious. too often Mary comes across as a little girl.

Advice for Mary:

Hi everyone! I'm somewhat new to this forum and have been reading all these threads for awhile now. But for some reason, I felt compelled to reply to this one with all the hullabaloo that has been going on about Mary having a "no nanny approach" to raising their child.

First of all, being married and adjusting to life within the Royal Family is a piece of cake compared to being a first time mother.
She should understand that once she has the baby, all the attention that has been showered upon her will be transferred to the baby. In her particular case, I think she might be a tad bit jealous at first, until she makes the adjustment.
She should not be afraid to ask for help. If M & F both plan on doing this together, they both should realize that asking for help, opinions, advice, or whatever, will be helpful for all those involved in this child's life. Asking for help is not a sign of weakness. She/they also need to take things with a grain of salt. She will be critized for everthing she does or does not do. As long as she does what is in the baby's best interest, then everything else will work itself out.
But most importantly, she/they need to understand that it is not the "quantity" of time spent with the child, but the "quality" of time spent together.
You can spend every waking moment with someone and just because you are together does not mean that every moment is memorable.
Children have a tendancey to remember the times, and things that mean the most to them, that are enjoyable. Where they enjoyed being with their parent(s).
She should continue to do her work & have both her public & private life, but know her limitations.
Good Luck and Best Wishes to M & F.:)

Hi Sesa! Welcome to the CPF and CPM Forum!:)

I myself had a governess (not to say that my mother didn't spend quality time with me when I was a Child) In my case I found it enriching, I had two familie sinstead of One and that made me feel like Super loveable Girl.:)

However each person is different so adjusting to life within the Royal Court mightn't be a piece of cake compared to becoming a first time Mother (Princess Diana of Wales for instance she found both terrifying but later became accustomed.)

I agree with you that they at all times must remember that the quality and not necessarily the quantity of time spent with their Little one, is the key for their Child cherishing their soon to-be newfound parents.

Best wishes for your wonderful future CPF and CPM! :) :) :)

sesa said:
Hi everyone! I'm somewhat new to this forum and have been reading all these threads for awhile now. But for some reason, I felt compelled to reply to this one with all the hullabaloo that has been going on about Mary having a "no nanny approach" to raising their child.

First of all, being married and adjusting to life within the Royal Family is a piece of cake compared to being a first time mother.
She should understand that once she has the baby, all the attention that has been showered upon her will be transferred to the baby. In her particular case, I think she might be a tad bit jealous at first, until she makes the adjustment.
She should not be afraid to ask for help. If M & F both plan on doing this together, they both should realize that asking for help, opinions, advice, or whatever, will be helpful for all those involved in this child's life. Asking for help is not a sign of weakness. She/they also need to take things with a grain of salt. She will be critized for everthing she does or does not do. As long as she does what is in the baby's best interest, then everything else will work itself out.
But most importantly, she/they need to understand that it is not the "quantity" of time spent with the child, but the "quality" of time spent together.
You can spend every waking moment with someone and just because you are together does not mean that every moment is memorable.
Children have a tendancey to remember the times, and things that mean the most to them, that are enjoyable. Where they enjoyed being with their parent(s).
She should continue to do her work & have both her public & private life, but know her limitations.
Good Luck and Best Wishes to M & F.:)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom