Video Archive of the Crown Princely Family

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Ah, I have this DVD. Thank heavens for code free DVD players.

Jess, thanks for uploading it for others to see again. :flowers:

More videos from the wedding - the only ones I haven't uploaded yet are their departure from the church, and the actual ceremony as the file is too large

Arriving at the Church
YouTube - Frederik & Mary of Denmark's Wedding - Arrival at the Church

Wedding Vows
YouTube - Frederik & Mary of Denmark's Wedding Vows

Carriage Ride through Copenhagen
YouTube - Frederik & Mary of Denmark's Wedding Carriage Ride

Balcony Scene
YouTube - Frederik & Mary of Denmark's Wedding Balcony Scene

Crown Prince Frederik's Speech at the Reception
YouTube - Frederik of Denmark's Wedding Speech

Wedding Waltz
YouTube - Frederik & Mary of Denmark's Wedding Waltz

Enjoy! :flowers:

Does anyone have this pre wedding video? It features many royals (including Crown Prince Pavlos and Marie Chantal) discussing the upcoming royal wedding of Crown Prince Frederick and Mary: Fætre og kusiner om Frederik & Mary
It used to be on the web but I can't find it anywhere. Any help is much appreciated! Thanks!!

:previous:
That is a very interesting video, Mary looks very calm. :flowers:

Ooo wonderful videos. Frederik is such a wonderful speaker. :flowers:

Great Videos, love 2007 in NY. Thanks for posting

Beautiful videos, I loved that New York trip. :)

Mary and Frederik's Wedding

Hi Everyone
I was wondering if anyone knew if there was anywhere I could download their wedding and the reception? I'm really interested in finding a link.
Thanks for your help!:flowers:

hi everyone, just wondering if anybody knows a link to a video when Christian was born, the one in the hospital when frederick announced the birth of the baby thanks

Thank you everyone for your videos it is very good because I like it. I search the DVD about wedding Mary and Frederik but I can not find so please do you know where I could buy it?

hi everyone, just wondering if anybody knows a link to a video when Christian was born, the one in the hospital when frederick announced the birth of the baby thanks

I can only find two videos, the one where they bring Christian out of the hospital, and when they are in front of Chancellery House. :)
YouTube - Frederik, Mary & their baby boy leave the hospital (18 October 2005)
YouTube - Baby Prince comes home to Chancellery House (18 October 2005)

this is a German News clip of the birth
YouTube - Dänemark hat einen neuen Thronfolger -Denmark has a new heir to the throne (15 October 2005)

Also Princess Isabella is announced.
YouTube - Crown Princess Mary gives birth to baby girl - l (21 April 2007)

Thank you Mary Maxima, Christian and Isabella waving to helicopters are so cute:flowers:

Will try to do it later today, it is from one of the state channels called ZDF :)
Nice stuff resonable accurate but nothing insightful or completely new :)

Will try to do it later today, it is from one of the state channels called ZDF :)
Nice stuff resonable accurate but nothing insightful or completely new :)
:flowers: Oh I would so appreciate that very much. Looking forward to it!

Can anyone who speak German translate this for me? It looks like a really good documentary but don't understand the language. Just a general round up as it is in 3 parts. Would appreciate the help please.

part 1http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gt4sqlyki4k&feature=related

Denmark and his strong women.

First a little information on Margrethe I., then Margrethe II. then MAry

All three didn’t know that they will be Queen.

Fred waited 45 minutes for Mary and then it was time. Everyone was waiting and everyone was looking forward to this wedding. Uncle Etienne also says so. Fred was waiting for Mary, and all of Denmark was waiting with him.

Fred says what an incredible fait it is that he met his future wife in Sydney.
The first contact, there was definitely a connection between the two says the owner of the Slip Inn.

Sparks were flying, but the lives up to this point couldn’t be more different.
Fred didn’t always have fun. As a different side to his official duties, he tried physical

Mary Donaldson always knew what she wanted, she had drive and wanted to have a carreer.
Her former boss still has only praise for her. She was driven, calm and knew what she wanted. She wanted to do something special, but not bagging a prince, she wanted to achieve it on her own.
Then parts of the official documentary.

But Fred was not free, the monarchy bind him- Ove says the monarchy is the backbone of Denmark.
Who is on the throne, doesn’t belong to himself, but to all of the Danes.

Margrethe I was 10 years old when she was married of. She met her husband at the altar. He is 22 and King of Norway. And was arranged to forge an alliance against Sweden.
Margrethe was spared the wedding night, and she was pregnant for the first time with 17.

Today a woman at the top is nothing unusual. Margrethe is not willing to step down, and she is very popular, and down to earth. She says, you can learn to become a Queen.
Margrethe wasn’t destined to become Queen, her parents had a lot of time with them.
Knut and his children were not really popular, and people didn’t want them on the throne, so in 1953 Knut had to step back, and Margrethe was heir to the throne at 13.
She was unsure, if it was a dreamjob, and had no one to look up to, as there has been only one Queen before. Margrethe I.
Her husband, father and son all died, and then Denmark was without direct heir.

As there was no man available, they decide to name Margrethe I as Queen in her own right. She was called Almighty Woman and Empress of all of Denmark. No man following her to the throne, will be as powerful as she was.
Margrethe II didn’t have to marry at age of 10, she was able to studie and travel. But the press was eagerly waiting for a husband, but Margrethe hated the set up dates.
MArgrethe flees to London and there nobody is interested in her, only in Queen Elizabeth and scandalous Margaret of Britain .

Margrethe was also looking underneath her status.
Henrik says, that it was a big surprise for everyone. As he was no prince.

Frederik was about to decide and they met Henrik at a private apartment in Copenhagen and accepted.
Shortly after, Margrethe presented Henrik. Everyone was curious, and they received him very warm.
Everyone was happy for Margrethe. And all the ladies thought that he was soooo handsome, and MArgrethe picked a good one.

Wedding in 1963, maritime pureness, and not too lavish, but everyone loved it. First time that TV was present. Frederik had no problem that Henrik was no prince. And Margrethe even less.
Margrethe was able to combine tradition and love, thanks to Frederik. If he would have said no, she would have left Henrik for Denmark.
A royal wedding that set a high bar for royal standart, also for the next generation.
For Fred and Mary’s wedding, they looked at the wedding of his parents and took inspirations.
Times have changed, and pressure has grown.
Her now role changed Mary, more carat, less kilo, it was still Mary in the dress, but a Mary that was evolving. They were able to hide for 15 months and then BB found Mary. She triedeverything to get Mary to talk, and was even nice while doing so.
It was hard, but she decided to take a leap and move to Europe and Copenhagen, where even more press was waiting. Every gesture, look and syllable will be noticed and scrutinized.
Mary is the first woman he introduced to his mother. Margrethe was nervous when getting introduced to Mary, and she liked Mary from the beginning, and from then on it went on.

Mary captured the Danes by storm, but it is also a burden, as the Danes want a lot from them.
But first of all a lavish wedding, and the calendar was full of duties already 10 days before the wedding.
Then a compilation of all the events.
Fred had an advantage as he was used to it all his life.
The Flower Stylist Erik Buch tells about the meeting with Margrethe.
45 people were working on the flower decorations in the church.

Last edited by a moderator:

Margrethe went to church the day before the wedding and inspected everything. Then something about the bouquet and how it was transported. You can see Anja inspecting the bouquet.
100 Million people watched the wedding. The wedding of a future King is a must see for every royalist.
All of Europes royalty was present. Some with the man of their dreams, some were still waiting.
Mary was 15 minutes late, and not only Freds heart melted when she came into the church.
Jim says Mary looked like an angel or the virigin mary, and had an aura of serene calmness.
Mary was calm and Fred shed happy tears. If you are a real man, you can also cry in front of others.
On this day, Mary became a royal, like other commoners before her.
The men at the royal court are very pleased with the couple. And also with the wedding and how it all worked out. Mary and Fred were also happy about it.
Some information on the veil from Jim.
And what should never be missed is the kiss on the balcony. A royal musthave.
Alexander says, that the royals know what they have to do for the press. (ed. Note as is this is the only reason for kissing)

The last hurdle was getting out of the coach with the train. They have rehearsed it a few times with the bridesmaids and heavy fabric tied around her waist.
Shortly before midnight, there was the wedding waltz.
And with the fireworks they were sent of into their honeymoons.
After that they had to arrange their live. Some informations about Amalienborg and the now renovated palais.
Mary says how fantastic it looks, and then some basic information about the palace and the familie, also about the artwork.
Yes, it was risky to invite modern Danish artists, but this combination of tradition and renewal is what defines the Danish royal family.
Mary is talking about future events in the room. Mary has finally arrived in the new world.
And she is not alone as all heirs marry commoner partners. But Mary is at least as royal as Fred, and she has exactly was is expected of a Princess.
Margrethes 70th Birthday and Freds thankyou. Fred talked about Margrethes liking of Mary and that it was noticeable from the first minute.
And then some more general blabla.

I tried to type the most important parts while watching it, I might have some funny expressions in it, as I just have been typing along. So if you have any questions, just ask and I will try to clear it up :)

Last edited by a moderator:
I tried to type the most important parts while watching it, I might have some funny expressions in it, as I just have been typing along. So if you have any questions, just ask and I will try to clear it up :)
:flowers::flowers::flowers:

Thank you so much Sternchen for doing that!

I do have a question:). The old man that was interviewed with the last name Monzepat, what relation is he to Frederik if any?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom