Twin Prince and Princess for Frederik & Mary: January 8, 2011

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
And now we have to wait for about 3 months before we now the names...Gosh, that will be hard ;)

Wonder when the Christening will find place... I am thinking end of March or beginning of April.

Any thoughts about the date of the Christening, anyone? :flowers:

I just had a feeling last night that she was going to have the twins but I went to bed before the baby watch began.:sad:

I'm glad they are a little prince and princess, and I can't wait to see them!!!

yay! just what I thought they wld be and there healthy. congrats to the couple!

You aren't seriously describing Professor John Donaldson as handsome are you? Sorry, but that is stretching the point way too far! Rugged, (very), OK!

I like these kind of teddybear men. Very handsome, at least for me. He looked splendid in his kilt on the wedding day of Frederick and Mary: one could imagine how a Scots king brought his daughter to become the wife of a Danish prince in medieval times...

what will they do for the christening dress? Don't they have one that all the royal babies are christened in? How will it work for the twins?

Wonder when the Christening will find place... I am thinking end of March or beginning of April.

Any thoughts about the date of the Christening, anyone? :flowers:
im with you, but i bet for a late march date. since april is the wedding of william and kate.

when they usually annouce the christening? 2 weeks after the birth? how was with christian and isabella?

I guessed it would be boy and girl ! Congrats to the couple!

I hope the twins will have Marys hair:)

John Donaldson is also in the hospital and has just came down after his visit. He says he's not sure if Isabella and Christian will visit today. He also admits that he cried when he got the news of the birth :)
He says also that he has no clue about their names.

Last edited:
im with you, but i bet for a late march date. since april is the wedding of william and kate.

when they usually annouce the christening? 2 weeks after the birth? how was with christian and isabella?

That's true! Probably end of March then (or at the very beginning of April :flowers:).

As I see from their website, with Christian the Christening was announced almost a month after his birth (14 November), but with Isabella it was annonced just 6 days after her birth (27 April).

Queen Margrethe at Rigshospitalet:

http://i2-images3.tv2net.dk/s/68/22630268-eee87c0ea8c66317c14936c789d141f6.jpeg

"We are all very happy family," says Queen
"They're not so big but very fine, " says Queen

It was a considerate touch of QMII to answer half the questions in English.

I also enjoyed seeing her cutting down a reporter who asked a particularly silly question. :D
She was asked to basically put a figure on how delightful this day is and she turned towards the reporter and retorted: "How do you usually measure a day like this"?

:lol: She doubled the average IQ in the foyer, just by stepping out of the elevator.

what will they do for the christening dress? Don't they have one that all the royal babies are christened in? How will it work for the twins?

They will also need another pair of arms to carry the other baby to the baptismal font. Apparently they seem to have a tradition that it is the mother who carries the child to be christened. In my country it is usually the godmother (the "main" godmother) who holds the baby.

I hope they'll release a video of John Donaldson's visit. I'd like to see what he said. Does anyone remember how soon the first pics have usually been released? If I remember correctly CP Frederik has usually snapped them himself and posted them on the website quite soon after the birth.

The first pics of the babies are being made when the couple leaves the hospital with the newborn(s). :) It was Willem-Alexander who snapped pics of his children :)

Wonderful news. Now they have 2 of each :) . It will be a long wait till we hear the names.
btw, I love that he and the Queen came to talk to the press. we ,as always, appreciated it :D.

the twins

CONGRATS! on the births. May they bring much joy and happiness.
Being one of each sex does mean that there were two eggs at time of conception. This leads me to think that perhaps they are the result of fertility drugs or I could be wrong ( as long as they're healthy).
Before anyone wrongly becomes annoyed at my supposition, my son was born as a result of f.drugs and countless others as well.
To reiterate it is a merely a supposition.
But congrats again!:flowers:

Mr. John Donaldson cried of joy. And with his typically sense of humour he added that he was good at it.

He also told the press that he had been spending time with Christian and Isabella.

One of CP Marys sisters will soon be arriving to Denmark as well.:flowers:

Morfar græd af glæde - Royale - BT.dk

Congratulations to Prince Frederik and Princess Mary and Queen!!!!!!!!!!

I wonder how long time is the Queen spending with them... She is going to come to talk to media after her visit.

I have seen that warm kiss from Mary to Frederik in a very recent documentary of Swedish royal family's year 2010 which is can be seen in SVT.se: Året med kungafamiljen | SVT Play. Look at about 13:00 - 14:00 minutes.

Thank you very much!:flowers:

Awww. That was so sweet! :wub: I don't know why some saw this as a negative thing :rolleyes: It was such an adorable moment! They only kissed on the lips like for a split second though. The rest of the time she was talking to him close up. She must've been telling him how proud she was because he had a huge smile on his face! Must've been special judging by Queen Margrethe II and Prince Joachim's reactions.

On topic now...if this took place around May/June then it's a possiblilty they were conceived here!:D

Being one of each sex does mean that there were two eggs at time of conception. This leads me to think that perhaps they are the result of fertility drugs or I could be wrong ( as long as they're healthy).
Before anyone wrongly becomes annoyed at my supposition, my son was born as a result of f.drugs and countless others as well.

My sister had twins at Mary's age and it was w/o artificial assistance, she thought it was just a case of her hormones spewing out eggs as it headed toward menopause.

The Crown Princely couple have denied fertitlity treatment. The conception was, by all accounts, unaided.

He said that Christian has a bit of cold so they are afraid to take him yet to the hospital to see the twins. Get well soon, Christian!

The Crown Princely couple have denied fertitlity treatment. The conception was, by all accounts, unaided.
Yes, and they have themselves said that no one could have been more surprised than they were when they found out.
So unaided pregnancy (well, Frederik did his bit ....) - and non-induced natural births :)

I´m so happy for them, congratulations to the family!

PPE Agency
i am not sure if this had been posted
congratulations to the couple! 11 pages , wow , i will have to read to get uptodate!

My sister had twins at Mary's age and it was w/o artificial assistance, she thought it was just a case of her hormones spewing out eggs as it headed toward menopause.
well at 38 you are not even close to menoupase! you might sau that close to 50! but what ever they declare about no assitance in getting pregnant I personaly don't belive it! but this is my thoguhts

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom