Christening of Princess Isabella: July 1, 2007

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Kaben

City
Copenhagen
Country
Denmark
Christening

Issued Friday April 27, 2007

Amalienborg Palace, April 27, 2007

On Sunday July 1, 2007, the daughter of Their Royal Highnesses The Crown Prince and Crown Princess of Denmark will be christened at 11:30 a.m. in Fredensborg Palace Church, Fredensborg.

Further information regarding press arrangements will follow.

P. Thornit
Chief of the Court of TRH The Crown Prince and Crown Princess of Denmark

Aninha Brasil said:
What's her name ?
It's Danish tradition that the name is not revealed until the christening, so we'll have to wait until July 1st.

Thanks for the info. So, will she wear the same christening gown as her big brother Christian, or a different one, made specially for a princess?

MissSaga said:
I can't wait ! To here her name etc. :flowers:

How is this church ? I'm a little disppointed that it's not the one where Christian was baptized..
MissSaga, here is a link to some pictures from the church - Fredensborg Slot Fredensborg Slotskirke
I hope it won't disappoint you too much; it's smaller - and perhaps 'cosier' than the one Christian was baptised in. But then again, there will be a difference between the heir and the 'spare' - but this church has already been used several times for events in queen Margrethe's family, so it's not such a bad church after all, I think :flowers: - and perhaps Frederik and Mary simply likes it -since it is where they now live.

Danish Royal Watchers have pictures and a bit of history about the church on their website..
I think it's a nice and cosy choice and am really looking forward to it.

This thread has now been reopened. Enjoy! A remeinder that speculation about who the godparents will be can be posted here.

MissSaga, here is a link to some pictures from the church - Fredensborg Slot Fredensborg Slotskirke
I hope it won't disappoint you too much; it's smaller - and perhaps 'cosier' than the one Christian was baptised in. But then again, there will be a difference between the heir and the 'spare' - but this church has already been used several times for events in queen Margrethe's family, so it's not such a bad church after all, I think :flowers: - and perhaps Frederik and Mary simply likes it -since it is where they now live.

Are you sure that is a church? It sure doesn't look like one, it more looks like a palace

The last 4 pictures on this site are showing details of the palace church.
The rest are indeed pictures of the palace itself.

From Norway, Haakon and Mette-Marit will attend.
From Sweden, Victoria will attend.

:flowers:

Does anyone know if the ceremony will be broadcast? I would like to watch it live like I did for Christian.

Does anyone know if there is some site on the internet that will broadcast it life? Even if it's in Danish? I'd love to see it and I'm pretty sure spanish tv won't broadcast it live. Thanks :flowers:

Does anybody know if the German channels ZDF or ARD will broadcast the christening?

Does anybody know if the German channels ZDF or ARD will broadcast the christening?
No, it seems they won't.
ARD announced there will be a summary of the christening at the German TV Channel NDR at 15:45 (will be repeated at 23:15).

Information about the Danish Christening on July 1, 2007.
Start time: 11:30am sharp.
Where: Fredensborg Palace chapel

How can you view the christening?
You have four choices so far:
1. DR.dk
*Look to your right until you see read Se prinsessedåb på nettet.
DR 1 sender prinsessens dåb hele dagen fra klokken 7 til 13. Følg med her på nettet.
Click where it says, "Se prinsessedåb på dr.dk.tv
Or click where it says "Se dåben fra udlandet her."
The latter is the better choice.
2. NRK.no
3. [URL="http://wwitv.com/portal.htm"]Itv.com[/URL]
4. [URL="http://nyhederne.tv2.dk/kongelig/"]TV2[/URL]
*They will begin their broadcast at 8:30 am.
*only if you are having trouble accessing the links to dr.dk an nrk.no. Look to the left of the website on Itv.com. Scroll down until you see either Denmark or Norway. Then find either dr.dk or nrk.no.

The Danish networks, specifically TV2, will begin their coverage at 8:30 am and will continue to broadcast until the christening is over.
Exact time goes as follows: 8:30-until whenever.

One more thing, this christening will be a low key event unlike her brother's, Prince Christian.​

According to Dr.dk regarding the big day:
What shall the little princess be called? The whole of Denmark will be watching the baptism. Aftenshowets Sisse Angles and Jeppe Nybroe will guide tthe tv viewer of the eventful morning. Together with DR’s experts "flger" the two will comment on the banquet, "gster", and gifts. They will also discuss "...the life by kongefamiliens new age."​

Other commentors include Tine Gtzsche and Annals von Lowzow. There will be features about prinsessedben from early morning, where "...Radioavisens Lene Koogi has made features among other things about they a lot of names, there's to games [about] the little bird.​

Finally, if you click onto the topic Royal House of Denmark Unofficial Links there is a list of internet tv sites that may show the program. We already know that some German channel will only air a small recap.​

We also know that the guests will arrive at 10:30 am, so if you want to see these people walk into the chapel and so forth tune in at least a half an hour prior to christening. That means begin to watch the program at 10am. Or if you enjoy watching journalists gab for several hours about nothing in particular, then start watching the program at 8:30am.

is going to be showed in australia?
billie-jo

Are any American stations showing it? I'm guess that they won't; they probably only broadcast stuff in the states about the British Royal Family, but I can hope, right? xD

I'm going to watch it online though, and I'm glad it's a weekend so I can stay up all night to do so! I missed Christian's, so I'm really excited to get to see Lillepigen's, especially since the suspense over her name is much higher than Christian's was.

is going to be showed in australia?
billie-jo

No billie-jo, the christening will more than likely not be showed in Australia. If any Australians want to watch it, they have to watch it online at one of the links in GT's post above

How big is the dollhouse supposed to be? Is it something that she and friends could play in, or is it the size for dolls?

Lucky girl! I loved my dollhouse when I was growing up. I actually had 2, one that was like a miniature house and another, simpler one.

How big is the dollhouse supposed to be? Is it something that she and friends could play in, or is it the size for dolls?

I'd say it's just for dolls. It's dimensions are 3.8Mx1.7Mx1.85M - a 1:10 ratio to the actual palace according to the article :flowers:

It's Danish tradition that the name is not revealed until the christening, so we'll have to wait until July 1st.
Is the name generally "leaked" earlier in the day or will it actually not be revealled until Mary and Frederick announce the name during the ceremony?

What time is the christening gonna be tomorrow, Denmark time?

Is the name generally "leaked" earlier in the day or will it actually not be revealled until Mary and Frederick announce the name during the ceremony?

The name is not "leaked" before it is announced during the ceremony. The bishop will know the name (in an overhead picture from Christian's christening, you can clearly see a little slip of paper paperclipped to his bible with the name written on it), as will the family. But the public will not find out the name before Mary or Frederik is asked the name by the bishop.

It is already tomorrow the great day, that desire I must to see them all, specially to the small princess and to know its name.

can't wait to see who they choose as godparents and what CP Mary will wear. i read on another site that CP Mary's sisters and brother won't be attending.

Back
Top Bottom