The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Join The Royal Forums Today

Old 08-15-2017, 02:26 PM
Majesty

The twins are 6 . But agree, they did a fantastic job. First day of school nerves and all, but they answered a few questions and got on with the big day.

A few more articles.
Josephine og Vincent begynder i skole: Derfor skal de gå i hver sin klasse - TV 2
"The two children in six and a half years had the school bags ready and would like to tell the pressed press what they had in them.
"There are school books, it was from Prince Vincent,
"And pencils and pencils, Princess Josephine added that she was so fond of making a small pirouette along the way."

facing the press
Første skoledag: Royale tvillinger er parate - SE BILLEDERNE HER!

few more articles with videos
Kongelig skolestart: Prins Vincent med tårer i øjnene | Nyheder | DR
Frede om tvillingerne: Derfor skal de skilles ad – Ekstra Bladet

smiley parents
http://ekstrabladet.dk/incoming/2pk5...for-frste-gang

Josephine using dad to hide a bit (little girl with her father )
http://media.gettyimages.com/photos/...re-id831611792

Old 08-15-2017, 08:09 PM
Serene Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Muhler View Post
And this is a photo that should appeal to the mothers among you, especially mothers with sons: https://bt.bmcdn.dk/media/cache/reso.../18179325-.jpg
...that is exactly how I am like this my two boys...I can understand

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roskilde View Post

Mary's own picture from today

"T.R.H. Prince Vincent and Princess Josephine on their first school day.
Photo: H.R.H. Crown Princess Mary ©"

https://www.instagram.com/p/BX0KDcdg...danskekongehus

So cute!
Now am getting nostalgic from my own son's first day of school, earlier this year. My youngest starts this time next year. I'm getting all thse feelings again

Quote:
Originally Posted by polyesco View Post
Josephine using dad to hide a bit (little girl with her father )
http://media.gettyimages.com/photos/...re-id831611792
That is so cute!!!!!!! Certainly daddy's little girl

Old 08-15-2017, 08:40 PM
Heir Presumptive

I can't believe that they are going to school! Josephine especially seemed excited, with all her talk of pencil cases and looking forward to English class. Do the children speak English?
Old 08-15-2017, 09:37 PM
Heir Apparent

Man it sux that all the kids look like him and none look like her at least a little.
Old 08-15-2017, 09:43 PM
Royal Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by XeniaCasaraghi View Post
Man it sux that all the kids look like him and none look like her at least a little.
Christian looks a lot like Mary's side of the family but with lighter colouring, IMO. I also think Vincent looks like his mom in some ways. The only one I reliably only see Frederik in is Isabella.
Old 08-15-2017, 10:29 PM
Serene Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by camelot23ca View Post
Christian looks a lot like Mary's side of the family but with lighter colouring, IMO. I also think Vincent looks like his mom in some ways. The only one I reliably only see Frederik in is Isabella.
Christian is a lot like the Donaldson side, especially his maternal grandfather, and Josephine looks exactly like her mother. Isabella is the splitting image of her father. Vincent, I've always thought Vincent looks a bit like Prince Henrik.
Old 08-16-2017, 04:33 AM
Serene Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by CrownPrincessJava View Post
Christian is a lot like the Donaldson side, especially his paternal grandfather, and Josephine looks exactly like her mother. Isabella is the splitting image of her father. Vincent, I've always thought Vincent looks a bit like Prince Henrik.
That's my breakdown as well, so two of the kids take after their father's side and two take after their mother's.

I can't quite put my finger on what it is in particular, but I also see some kind of resemblance between Vincent and his paternal grandfather.
Old 08-16-2017, 05:12 AM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by XeniaCasaraghi View Post
Have you seen pictures of Mary as a child? Josephine is basically the spitting image of her only with blonde hair. Isabella is her father's double, Josephine her mother's and the two boys are a good mix of each.

Old 08-16-2017, 06:09 AM
Royal Highness

aren't they so cute , thank you for posting the short film
Old 08-16-2017, 09:44 AM
Majesty

Are they in the Danish equivalent of private school?
Old 08-16-2017, 10:15 AM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by CrownPrincessJava View Post
Christian is a lot like the Donaldson side, especially his maternal grandfather, and Josephine looks exactly like her mother. Isabella is the splitting image of her father. Vincent, I've always thought Vincent looks a bit like Prince Henrik.
Christian also looks like Princess Benedikte's son Prince Gustav IMO.
Old 08-16-2017, 11:37 AM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rudolph View Post
Are they in the Danish equivalent of private school?
Nope, a public school. A public school in a wealthy area of Copenhagen but a public school nonetheless.

Old 08-16-2017, 11:43 AM
Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Archduchess Zelia View Post
Nope, a public school. A public school in a wealthy area of Copenhagen but a public school nonetheless.
Was there expectations they would go to private school? I assume Fred did.

Every little boy has been there.

Denmark's Prince Vincent Cries on the First Day of School
Old 08-16-2017, 12:04 PM
Heir Apparent

F & M were the first in the DRF who broke the tradition and sent their children in public school instead of private schools. Something the Danes definitely like and respect.

Expectations? To be honest I actually think most Danes had count on that F & M would choose public school for their children. That's their down to earth style.
(Whereas for example the much more formal Joakim and Marie chooses private schools for their children, which is their style.)

I saw this sweet comment on Facebook:

"Greet Vincent and say to him that he, in my eyes, is the coolest and most brave boy in the Kingdom of Denmark. He saw the press-monster in his eyes and made it in the finest style. To the extent a wonderful effort from the most adorable and brave boy. And greet Josephine and say to her that she, in my eyes, is the coolest and most brave girl in the Kingdom of Denmark, smiling and proudly responding to the questions of the huge press and thank her for the lovely little dance and her always many lovely smile from this adorable girl.
Beautiful twins who are already well on their way. Well done Frederik and Mary."
Old 08-16-2017, 12:28 PM
Serene Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roskilde View Post
Expectations? To be honest I actually think most Danes had count on that F & M would choose public school for their children.
I can't say what the Danes thought but I IIRC, the Danish press seemed to be sure Christian would attend the private Krebs School, which was already attended by his two older cousins and before them, his father and uncle.
Old 08-16-2017, 05:34 PM
Administrator

Here are some more pics from yesterday:

** pp gallery: Mary de Danemark : Les larmes de son fils Vincent pour la rentrée scolaire...**

** pm gallery: Josephine et Vincent font leur première rentrée dans des classes différentes **
Old 08-17-2017, 02:53 PM
Heir Apparent

You should scroll trough this lovely gallery from Vincents and Josephine's first school day:
https://www.facebook.com/News-about-...49054251929095

Lovely pictures. Vincent is absolutely adorable (what a beautiful boy!) and his smile melts one completely and the same with adorable Josephine - her eyes are simply sparkling with life Such a smiling and pretty child.

F&M can be proud of their foursome.
Old 08-17-2017, 04:08 PM
Majesty

Are Prince Joachim's Children going to private Schools?
Old 08-17-2017, 04:19 PM
Imperial Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by maria-olivia View Post
Are Prince Joachim's Children going to private Schools?
Yes. Athena joined her brother at a private catholic school, St Josephs sisters

About | Institut Sankt Joseph

The older two attended/attend private Krebs where Joachim and Frederik attended. Though Nikolai moved to boarding school.