Prince Frederik and Princess Mary's Visit to the USA: March 22-27, 2009

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Mary looks wonderful! I really like what she's worn so far, especially the red coat and dress which was very elegant yet modern. I'm really excited about this trip! Can't wait to see more pictures :D

:clap:Thanks for digging up the local news w/video! I live in this part of the country as well. I really wish I could've gone and seen them.

Day 3-Speechs

Crown Prince Frederik Speech at the Celebration of the 125th anniversary of Dana College

Crown Prince Frederik Speech at the conference about "Sustainable Enterprise", Dana College

Crown Prince Frederik Speech at groundbreaking ceremony at Novozymes' new factory for enzyme production in Blair

Crown Prince Frederik Speech at the dinner with business people and Danish-American representatives in Omaha on the occasion of Dana College's 125 years' jubilee

Gallery
Billed-Bladet - Frederik - nu som doktor

Day 4 Program (Wednesday)

11:30am
The Crown Prince Couple participate in topping-out ceremony of two new Vestas Wind Systems manufacturing plants in Denver, Colorado.

1:15pm
The Crown Prince Couple take part in a private lunch with local business people and business leaders within the climate and energy sector in Denver.

Still photos from yesterday-Day 3

Dinner with business people and Danish-American representatives in Omaha on the occasion of Dana College's 125 years' jubilee.

http://img217.imageshack.us/img217/8164/2177055381367d.jpg
http://img217.imageshack.us/img217/2991/21770552836a0a.jpg
http://img149.imageshack.us/img149/9586/2177054983ff66.jpg
http://img172.imageshack.us/img172/4702/2177055083af44.jpg

Also here you are a great gallery from ISIFA. Always Updated!
Fotobanka isifa image service

Last edited by a moderator:
...............Idaho and Nebraska - even though Fred and Mary are not visiting there.
Boise - the state capital of Idaho - is the headquarters of some very large corporations. Idaho has fabulous ski resorts and is also a mining state. There are a lot of ranches in Idaho with very wealthy owners who could be future investors of industries in Denmark.
Idaho is certainly a sportsman's paradise.
Nebraska has grain farming - it is the breadbasket of the USA. There is a lot of wealth and farm industry in Nebraska. Plus a huge state university.

Thanks Pamk, for the information about Idaho and Nebraska. I am not that familiar with the characteristic of the different states in The US, so enlightenment is alwayes welcomed :flowers:. Anyway if only I had the time I would visit them all. I do envy CP Frederik and CP Mary for having the opportunity to visit so many different states in your magnificent country even though Idaho and Nebraska are not on the visiting-list this time.

Last edited:
Last edited:
To me the hardest part of this life is too be far from their children for so long!!! It must be really hard for Mary leaving their children, at home, so far, alone with nannys:ermm:!!!

Mary's father has also been in Denmark as a guest lecturer recently. It is likely that he and his wife are on hand to be with the children, just as they have for many of the other times Frederik and Mary both had to be away. So Christian and Isabella's experience is not so different from that of other children sharing a little holiday with grandparents.:flowers:

To me the hardest part of this life is too be far from their children for so long!!! It must be really hard for Mary leaving their children, at home, so far, alone with nannys:ermm:!!!

My niece is a Nanny to well known children. She reckons that they have a great time while mum and dad are away on business trips. They go to the movies, they play at the park, ice skating, roller skating, horse riding, fun parks etc and, she has taken them on overseas kid's trips. I would like to know how that can be so terrible. While mum and dad are away, the kids will play:lol: sounds good to me:ROFLMAO:

Thanks for the links and pics of their time in Colorado. I live in this beautiful state and wish I could have seen them while they were here. Did they leave last night? A major snowstorm has hit with up to two feet of snow expected. Hope they got out!

I love Mary's outfit today.
It is a shame frederik is on crutches.
x

Emmily, I too live in Colorado and I'm hoping they we're well on their way out of Colorado. It's nice if you can be sitting by a fire watching it snow but not to travel!

Emmily, I too live in Colorado and I'm hoping they we're well on their way out of Colorado. It's nice if you can be sitting by a fire watching it snow but not to travel!

Yes, I agree! If they did not get out last night I think they will be here for awhile. It's nasty out.

I will admit that I am a dork, but it was exciting to me to see pictures of them with Governor Ritter.

I can tell you that Fred and Mary could have come incognito to Des Moines... very few people knew they were here until it ran in the newspaper next day. And I'm just finding out 2 days later.

Hopefully they got out early so Mary could do some shopping in NYC. That would be a crime to come all the way to the US and not be able to shop in NYC.

I can tell you that Fred and Mary could have come incognito to Des Moines... very few people knew they were here until it ran in the newspaper next day. And I'm just finding out 2 days later.

Of course that's what newspapers are for :flowers:

what does private programme mean? that mary will perform duties which will not be with media being present or publisized or that she doesn't perform duties and will dedicate the day to other personal pursuits?

i loved mary's shirt yesterday. i love the details in the collar! who's mary's lovely shirt by?

Thats of traveling for them on this trip! I bet they'll be ready to relax and see the kids when they get home.

what does private programme mean? that mary will perform duties which will not be with media being present or publisized or that she doesn't perform duties and will dedicate the day to other personal pursuits?

I think that mean they will have a programme or meeting without the press or time out for the couple to do whatever they want :flowers:

i loved mary's shirt yesterday. i love the details in the collar! who's mary's lovely shirt by?
Check the fashion thread

A quick note on the places they have been to. Torsten Jansen of the Danish Embassy told BT, that part of the reason for going to Central USA, was that this is a place, that is almost never visited by royals and heads of state.

And, if we can be very honest for a second. The Crownprice couple went to America last year, and stayed almost exclusively in the New York area. They did pretty much the same as they have on this trip, but they barely got a mention in the local paper. Which is of course bad, since part of the reason behind these trips, is to support and promote Danish industry abroad. It is my understanding, that they have done a lot better this time, publicity wise, and part of this is probably because of where they went.

Please don't degrade Idaho and Nebraska - even though Fred and Mary are not visiting there.
Boise - the state capital of Idaho - is the headquarters of some very large corporations. Idaho has fabulous ski resorts and is also a mining state. There are a lot of ranches in Idaho with very wealthy owners who could be future investors of industries in Denmark.
Idaho is certainly a sportsman's paradise.
Nebraska has grain farming - it is the breadbasket of the USA. There is a lot of wealth and farm industry in Nebraska. Plus a huge state university.
You would be amazed at the sophistication of the people who live in these states. They travel all over the world and bring culture back home through museums and orchestras.
These people certainly like and demand the finer things in life.

Who was degrading it? I just can't imagine what would be of interest to them there. I think that it is a great thing that they've gone to visit, but I just can't imagine what their presence is going to accomplish there, or how much enjoyment they would get out of it.

Nevertheless, for some reason I thought that they were visiting there. Although they are visiting Nebraska, and I stand by my statment that I can't see a reason why they should. Colorado and Illinois are a totally different story.

Last edited:
Day 5 (Thursday) still in Denver

HRH The Crown Prince will participate in Sportaccord 2009 in Denver
Speech

Private programme for the Crown Princess.

I'm guessing they got stuck here in the snow since most/all flights out of DIA (Denver's airport) were canceled yesterday (Thursday).

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom