Prince Frederik and Princess Mary's Visit to the USA: March 22-27, 2009

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Who was degrading it? I just can't imagine what would be of interest to them there. I think that it is a great thing that they've gone to visit, but I just can't imagine what their presence is going to accomplish there, or how much enjoyment they would get out of it.

Nevertheless, for some reason I thought that they were visiting there. Although they are visiting Nebraska, and I stand by my statment that I can't see a reason why they should. Colorado and Illinois are a totally different story.

In Denver, Frederik visited a wind turbine factory which is a partnership with Danish businesses. If he wanted to see those wind turbines in action, he could visit Nebraska. Wind turbines are the wave of the future - Denmark is flat, Nebraska is flat - might as well put that flatness to some good use - create energy with wind turbines.
There are several technology companies in Idaho and I do think that Denmark uses technology.
Frederik and Mary's presence anywhere opens up new avenues for networking with foreign business leaders and innovators for commerce and trade for Denmark.
I didn't know that every stop on a foreign tour had to provide total "enjoyment" for Frederik and Mary.
This was not a vacation trip, it is their job.

Do we know if they made it to NYC?

Here are some of yesterday's pics without watermarks

Their Royal Highnesses Crown Prince Frederik and Crown Princess
Mary of Denmark arrive at the American-Scandinavian Foundation
Dinner at The Pierre Hotel on March 27, 2009 in New York City.

** Pic 1 ** Pic 2 ** Pic 3 ** Pic 4 ** Pic 5 ** Pic 6 **

abaca gallery

Its great they made in to New York. Mary looks nice but not too sure if the dress is as dressy as Freds suit. Frederik looks nice and all smiley which is good to see.

Here are some of yesterday's pics without watermarks

Their Royal Highnesses Crown Prince Frederik and Crown Princess
Mary of Denmark arrive at the American-Scandinavian Foundation
Dinner at The Pierre Hotel on March 27, 2009 in New York City.

** Pic 1 ** Pic 2 ** Pic 3 ** Pic 4 ** Pic 5 ** Pic 6 **

abaca gallery

Such a beautiful dress, it really suits Mary and her hair is stunning.
Anybody know who the grey/black haired lady is in the last picture.
x

I agree Mary is gorgeous in the new gown.
Although they look as though they really enjoyed themselves, I guess they will be happy to be going home (or be home by now) to be with the children.

I didn't know that every stop on a foreign tour had to provide total "enjoyment" for Frederik and Mary.

I am agreeing. Just because Frederik made his hobby "sailing" to an "official duty", this doesn´t mean, that all his duties are meant for personal "enjoyment"
I am glad, that they left their usual path a bit and were also visiting places between the east coast and west coast metropolises and that they were dealing with other matters than fashion & design...

lumutqueen, I think it is the actress Liv Ullman. Love Mary's dress. It seems to me Fred smiles more for the photographers when he is at official events outside of Denmark than when he is in Denmark.

Absolutely stunning! I just love Mary's look on Friday evening:ROFLMAO:

In Denver, Frederik visited a wind turbine factory which is a partnership with Danish businesses. If he wanted to see those wind turbines in action, he could visit Nebraska. Wind turbines are the wave of the future - Denmark is flat, Nebraska is flat - might as well put that flatness to some good use - create energy with wind turbines.
There are several technology companies in Idaho and I do think that Denmark uses technology.
Frederik and Mary's presence anywhere opens up new avenues for networking with foreign business leaders and innovators for commerce and trade for Denmark.

True, but people should enjoy their jobs, otherwise they are no good at it.

I'm not saying that it's not good that they are visiting these places. I only made the initial comment because frankly I never could see myself going there, and I am certainly not a "VIP" by any stretch of the imagination.

Last edited:
Mary has looked amazing on the entire trip and I think the DRF can be proud of Frederik and Mary's performance on this trip.

Mary just looks amazing. Really beautiful and natural. She truly is the best dressed royal around and a wonderful ambassadress for Denmark.

True, but people should enjoy their jobs, otherwise they are no good at it.

I'm not saying that it's not good that they are visiting these places. I only made the initial comment because frankly I never could see myself going there, and I am certainly not a "VIP" by any stretch of the imagination.

Let's put this discussion to bed and make peace - I think that we have both worn it out.

Such a beautiful dress, it really suits Mary and her hair is stunning.
Anybody know who the grey/black haired lady is in the last picture.
x

That is Deeda Blair - she is the widow of William Blair who was an ambassador - I believe - in Europe.
Mrs. Blair is seen in the social circles in both Washington DC and New York City. She is known for her very chic style.

BTW, I love, love, love Mary's dress!

Last edited by a moderator:
Mary looked amazing all the time, IMO. Wonderful Princess! She has been smiling all the trip and she seemed very interested. Good for her and Doctor Frederik ;)
I hope they could come to Portugal soon :rolleyes:

anyone knows with how many people, staff they travel to the state visits? like thisone, i presume her secretary, her stylist, body guards???? but anyone knows more for sure?

Most of all I liked the mood of this visit. It is seen that crown couple feel great. Thye are mostly smiling and laughing!

The New York Times of April 5th had pictures from the American-Scandinavian dinner; Mary looking great. Caroline Heering was also photographed. Mary's print stood out in the sea of predominately black.

:previous: I also saw that article. I was really impressed with how lovely Mary, and especially Caroline Heering looked. Both women stood out at that event.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom