Prince Frederik and Princess Mary's Visit to Thailand: November 24-26, 2008

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I am quit sure they will get out safe. They are visiting the King of Thailand and the people demonstrating are loyal to the King.

They are in the very best of hands.

I am sure if they were at any risk - they themselves along with the Danish foreign minister (who is also in Thailand) - would leave for Denmark immediately. But I don't think that will become necessary.

Last edited by a moderator:
From what I have read, the demonstrations are in a different part of the country. Mary and Frederik are far away from them. It looks like they are really enjoying their visit.

I am surfing the web and saw earlier today that demostrators flooded the airport. According to that report a lot of tourists were stuck there.
I am sure Mary and Frederick are being treated with kids' gloves and perhaps they have no idea anything is amiss.
How much longer will this visit last?

The Thais know how crucial the tourist industry is for them, they wouldn't do anything to risk the security of tourists. Right now they are holding the main airport in Bangkok, but they are not violent in the manner that they threaten people, they are simply protesting. Most tourists spend their time outside of Bangkok so they are not affected, for example there are something like 20,000 Swedes in Thailand right now but most of those haven't seen any protesters - only those who were planning to fly home from this particular airport. I read somewhere that Frederik and Mary didn't even use this airport so they are not affected in any way, they will probably use either a private airfield or then the old main airport in Bangkok (which is not under "siege") to fly home.

From what I have read, the demonstrations are in a different part of the country. Mary and Frederik are far away from them. It looks like they are really enjoying their visit.

No, the demonstrations are in Bangkok. That is where the CP Couple are.

But Bangkok is a huge City, which is why the CP Couple has not been in contact with the demonstrations at all - according to Frederik (He has told a reporter - who asked - so).

But of course the Danish media are following the situation.......it is a good story :eek:)

Right now they are holding the main airport in Bangkok, but they are not violent in the manner that they threaten people, they are simply protesting.

That is what is reported in the Danish media as well. And they are protesting in a very civilised maner.

IMO, if people feel a need to protest - they shall do so.

Let's hope nothing violent comes from these protests.

I didn't like Mary's purple dress. It was too casual looking. The two Thai princesses were all glam, but Mary looked as if she was wearing something you'd hang around the house in!

They both looked lovely, and hopeully had a good trip to Thailand.

Can't wait to see bigger pics of today!!!

The pictures from today are great. Frederik looked like he was having fun driving those cars/mini trucks. Mary looked very nice, a nice dress for the warm Thailand weather.

Thanks for the photos, Mary seems to have enjoyed the whole trip, have loved seeing the interaction between her and the locals. The warmth displayed by both can be seen in the photos.
Have liked all of Mary's outfits some more than others of course, however todays dress is one of my favourites.

dr.dk says, the Crown Prince couple have accepted Danfoss concern's offer to use their private jet tomorrow to fly home from Thailand.

lots of interesting new outfits for mary for this visit! i understand the clothing she needs in thailand is nothing like in the hotest danish days. my favourites have to be the light blue dress (and 'victoria beckham's' sunglasses!) and the one for the siam visit.

I loved seeing the photos of Frederik driving the tractor/forklift/mini-truck thingy! He looked like a little kid with a new toy! He looked like he definitely enjoyed having that opportunity.

All posts related to axillary hair growth and care have been moved to the Princess Mary's Daytime Fashion Part 4 thread in the Royal House of Fashion. Please think twice before side tracking this discussion again.

Thanks for your cooperation! :flowers:

Mandy
Danish Forum Moderator

lovely photos!! They seem to have packed alot into 4 days, a very busy schedule! It looks as though they are really enjoying themselves.

Just imagine they said NO that would have become a diplomatic crisis ;)

Government sources said yesterday that Civil Aviation Department chief Chaisak Angsuwan had been assigned to negotiate with PAD leaders about the need to fly a private plane for Their Royal Highnesses Crown Prince Frederik and Crown Princess Mary of Denmark out of Suvarnabhumi airport to the air force airport at Don Mueang.

Bangkok Post | General news | If you want a plane out from Suvarnabhumi, ask the PAD

I am very pleased to hear that they were able to fly out of Thailand as planned. This trip looks like it was a very nice time for Frederik and Mary. Thank you to everyone who posted links to the photos and articles about this trip.

Hi everyone :flowers:

I come to this thread to collect the photos of the lovely Danish Royal Couple and i wanna say thank you to everyone who post the links to the photos. I could not find any on Thai website; maybe it's not our culture :D

Anyway, I just found a link to see the clips of all activities that Prince Frederick and Princess Mary attended during their stay here. (credit: channel 7, Thailand)

Please go to ข่าว กีฬา ข่าวในประเทศ ข่าวต่างประเทศ สารคดี ข่าวเด่น ข่าวย้à¸*นหลัง ข่าวในพระราชสำนัก

The clip from the above link is the event last night by Danfoss and also this morning at the air force airport.

You can see other activities by clicking on number 2 on your (lower) right and it will take you to page 2. There you'll see the red bullet on the right with Thai description, just click on 2nd, 6th and 10th bullet on the page to see the tv news. The 10th bullet was the day the couple met H.M. King Bhumibol and H.M. Queen Sirikit at Hua Hin.

There are also another two clips on page 3 with the 3rd and 9th bullet.

I hope my explanation will be clear enough. Sorry that I can't find any higher resolution of the tv news. I watched their news everyday since Monday from tv. ;)

In Thailand, we have specific part of the tv news about our Royal figures and their activies every night around 20.00 pm on every channel.

Last edited:
Very beautiful, serene picture

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom