Prince Frederik and Princess Mary's Visit to New York: September 17-21, 2007

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm curious to know whom they're waving at. There are people in NYC recognizing who the heck they are? One picture's caption says Mary was waving to "an Australian tourist". One Australian tourist, no surprise there. But who's behind Mary she's waving at? How does she know those people know who she is? Or she's assuming any New Yorkers would know her?

'You' arrive, get out of the vehicle and step onto a pedestrian walkway where people are standing around and walking by. Some call out 'your' name and others try to work out who 'you' are with the assisstance of perhaps someone who knows...they start waving and extend a smile so why would 'you' not reciprocate?

Last edited:
What i love about Mary is that she is not afraid to take a risk, do something different. Perfect example is this night time outfit. Mixing textures and using the same colour tone is a great way to streamline the figure and aways looks clean cut. I think this a great choice. I really like it, plus it gives me ideas too!!

Has anyone been able to find any pictures of the evening event not by polfoto. I can never save them. I have searched PPE to no avail. (It cant be my day - I still havent been able to watch the news clip either but I'll keep trying). I have also tried Mary en Máxima!! but they've been busy with Prinsjesdag. And DanishRoyalWatchers have only got the day event.

If someone could put a picture or two into ImageShack or the like I would be very greatful, I dont know how to do that yet (1 step at a time).

Thankyou to anyone who helps, I'm sorry if I seem impatient - I'm just excited.

Polfoto can be frustrating. Here you go! :flowers:
http://i131.photobucket.com/albums/p314/PurpleDuchess/Danish Royal Family/FredMaryNY.jpg
http://i131.photobucket.com/albums/p314/PurpleDuchess/Danish Royal Family/FredMaryNY2.jpg
http://i131.photobucket.com/albums/p314/PurpleDuchess/Danish Royal Family/FredMaryNY3.jpg
http://i131.photobucket.com/albums/p314/PurpleDuchess/Danish Royal Family/FredMaryNY4.jpg

I'm not the biggest fan of this outfit. The top is great and perfect for the occasion but the belt doesn't fit in. Even though she's mixing textures, the belt distracts the outfit. Her earrings are very pretty though!

I think she looked great outside the hotel. I'd say those earrings are coral in color and brighten up her outfit nicely. Not to keen on the eveneing outfit though. The top is nice but I'd wear it with a different skirt and definately a different belt!

Love Mary's day outfit!! :) The earrings brighten up her outfit nicely. And I love the sparly top for the night event!

Are there any pictures of the other day events? :ermm:

Polfoto can be frustrating. Here you go! :flowers:
http://i131.photobucket.com/albums/p314/PurpleDuchess/Danish Royal Family/FredMaryNY.jpg
http://i131.photobucket.com/albums/p314/PurpleDuchess/Danish Royal Family/FredMaryNY2.jpg
http://i131.photobucket.com/albums/p314/PurpleDuchess/Danish Royal Family/FredMaryNY3.jpg
http://i131.photobucket.com/albums/p314/PurpleDuchess/Danish Royal Family/FredMaryNY4.jpg

I'm not the biggest fan of this outfit. The top is great and perfect for the occasion but the belt doesn't fit in. Even though she's mixing textures, the belt distracts the outfit. Her earrings are very pretty though!

Thanks soCal girl - I truely appreciate it. You choose beautiful pictures. Like I said - I did try elsewhere before I asked, and I figured that if I'm having that problem then someone else probably is too.

Last edited:
Last edited:
:)It is so good to see Mary and Fred here in the states, i don't live anywhere near NY but it is nice to know they are even here on the continent...i know i am silly. And i liked the earings she wore this morning it really "jazzed" up the outfit, and the outfit tonight i didn't especially like, but she look amazing anyway.

If you were to replace the skirt with pants then the belt would have blended beautifully. I actually love the belt.

I also like the belt, just not with that outfit. It's quite stylish and would look great on another ensemble. Perhaps you're right. Maybe if she wore dark brown pants the belt would have blended better.

thank's for all pictures:flowers:
I think that Mary and Frederik looked fantastic; I like her white coat and sparly top, ske looks so fresh (btw - great make-up, very natural and elegant), prince looked great too;
beautiful people look beautiful in everything:)

Danish TV2 just showed a short clip from Mary's visit to a play facility and she was asked what she thought about the place. Her Danish sounded really good.

After the clip ended the TV commentator said that someone had asked Mary if she wanted more children to which she had answered 'yes'.

Mary's outfit looks elegant. Her jacket has interesting style, I like the choice of skirt going this that, nice shoes. But I don't like a belt. It doesn't seem to go with the style of the outfit. But Mary likes experimenting and very often she gets good results.

I love this last outfit! It seams that Mary is mixing textures and that is all about fashion! Fashion is beeing different and elegant, and that is waht she is! I also love the white coat and I'am glad is form a Danish Designer!
I think Mary and Frederick are waving to all the people who are around them, some photographers other curious and maybe others who know who they are! They are beeing kind and even if there are people who don't know who they are Mary is waving at them and that is a kind gesture. Maybe later they will try to see who they are and they will be glad they meet them!!
I think we will get to see Mary, Frederick and Isabella shopping in NY maybe aroung 5th avenue or walking in Central Park, just like we saw the last time they were in New York!!!
In this link we can see where Mary and Frederick are staying http://www.mandarinoriental.com the rooms are sooo nice and the Hotel seams really luxurious!!!!!!

Sorry, I don't like the evening outfit at all. The colours are nice but the eye just focuses on the brown leather belt that looks more appropriate with jeans.

I also like the belt, just not with that outfit. It's quite stylish and would look great on another ensemble. Perhaps you're right. Maybe if she wore dark brown pants the belt would have blended better.

Not so sure about brown pants as it would no longer be the belt which provides the focus point, and that is it's function..when worn isn such a way..to excentuate the waist and provide an alternate division that although seperates the attire, combines the three in an almost layered appearance. If pants were to have been worn then a colour to match or closely compliment the top would have been an advisable choice :flowers:

I do think she looked gorgeous as ever though.

omg. that's so cool, i absolutely love the mandarin oriental in new york, in fact i was staying over there earlier this month. too surreal.

I dont'l like the outfit that crown princess Mary wear at the night event. It makes her older. Sorry imo.

Mary looked very good, but I don't like the blouse.

I loved the outfit but that belt! Too "heavy" for such a delilcate looking outfit.

Fantastic start with the white coat etc and if Mary had left that belt off the second outfit would have been great too. Sorry but the belt destroys it all, I mean she's not a weight lifter or about to go on a biking trip :eek:

Mary in general looks great, happy and healthy. Hope she'll pull off some more fashion highlights during their trip.

SorryFanletizia, C.P.Mary WAS an australian, she had to relinquish her citizenship when she married Frederick.

Last edited by a moderator:
I dont'l like the outfit that crown princess Mary wear at the night event. It makes her older. Sorry imo.
I have to agree with you, I don't care for this outfit on her either. There's just something about the top, belt & skirt that don't blend. Just a thought though, I would have prefered the top and belt with either a pair of jeans (for a concert or something) or the top and belt with a skirt that matched the belt!

I think Mary is a great Crown Princess. I must say that I was one that fell for the Charles/Diana love story, but with Fred and Mary it seems like the real thing. I think that she is doing a great job and she always has that royal touch. Great for you Mary! She is doing a great job for Denmark also.

Actually I think that she is doing a good job but the job that every crown princess has to to do, without anything of special.

Mary reveals wish for more children | Mercury - The Voice of Tasmania

has a sweet article about mary's visit to the school.
*quote from article
*Princess Mary was swarmed by little girls dressed as princesses. They asked if she was a real princess. She smiled and cooed back at them playfully, "No you are".
thanks for all the links and video. they look fantastic. i don't like the belt with this outfit, it distracts from the detail at the bottom of the top and seems too heavy. i would have wore a thin gold chain belt, but who cares she looks radiant.
i love the fact prince frederik seems to enjoy the attention to his wife, in photos she clearly keeps her focus on him while everyone else is looking at her but he seems to adore watching her shine. it speaks of what a great team they are and his strong sense of self and character.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom