Prince Frederik and Princess Mary's Visit to Germany: February 17-18, 2006

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.

purple_platinum

Heir Apparent
City
Jakarta
Country
Indonesia
Crown Prince Frederik & Crown Princess Mary (along with their son, Prince Christian) will visit Germany on 17-18 February 2006.

Here's their schedule :
February 17
TRH the Crown Prince Couple will participate in Matthiae-Mahlzeit 2006 in Hamburg, Germany.

February 18
TRH the Crown Prince Couple pay an official visit to Kiel/Schleswig-Holstein, Germany.
Please post any news & pictures here... :) :)

schedule of day 1: Hamburg

http://www.abendblatt.de/daten/2006/02/16/534124.html

Wo die Hamburger das Prinzenpaar sehen können
Matthiae-Mahl: Dänemarks Thronfolger Frederik und seine Ehefrau Mary kommen am Freitag in die Stadt. Ab Freitag mittag werden beide ein kleines Besuchsprogramm absolvieren. Das Abendblatt verrät Ihnen die Termine.

Morgen ist es soweit: Dänemarks Kronprinz Frederik (37) und seine Frau Mary (34) statten der Hansestadt einen Besuch ab. Bevor sie am Freitag abend beim Matthiae-Mahl im Rathaus am Ehrentisch Platz nehmen, sind sie in der Stadt unterwegs. Das Abendblatt verrät, wo die Hamburger morgen Gelegenheit haben, die Fähnchen zu schwenken, um das königliche Paar willkommen zu heißen.Am Vormittag trifft das Paar getrennt in Hamburg ein. Laut Adelsexperten ist die separate Anreise vorgeschrieben, damit die Thronfolge im Falle eines Unglücks garantiert ist. Kronprinz Frederik reist mit dem Privatwagen in Begleitung eines Referenten und mehrerer Personenschützer an. Ehefrau Mary, Baby Christian, ein Kindermädchen, Hofdamen und Leibgarde treffen mit einem Privatflugzeug in Fuhlsbüttel ein.

Ca. 12.30 Uhr: Das Paar kommt im Gästehaus des Senats, der weißen klassizistischen Villa am Feenteich, unter. Ein Kinderbett für den kleinen Prinzen Christian Valdemar Henry John (vier Monate) steht bereit. Die königliche Familie residiert bis Sonnabend morgen in den 20 Räumen an der Außenalster.
arrival at the guest house of the Senate

Ca. 14.30 Uhr: Abfahrt in Richtung Kunsthalle, Glockengießerwall.

14.45 Uhr: Am Haupteingang der Kunsthalle empfängt Kunsthallendirektor Prof. Hubertus Gaßner das Kronprinzenpaar und führt durch die Ausstellung "Dänemark zu Gast - Das Statens Museum in Kopenhagen zu Gast in der Hamburger Kunsthalle". Das königliche Paar will auch einen Blick auf die ausgestellten Werke des Landschaftsmalers Caspar David Friedrich werfen.
Kunsthalle, exhibition "Guests from Denmark"

Danach wird Kronprinz Frederik zum Zentrum für Marine und Atmosphärische Wissenschaften (ZMAW) an der Bundesstraße 53 gebracht. Zur gleichen Zeit besucht Kronprinzessin Mary das Ganztagsgymnasium Klosterschule (Westphalensweg 7).
15.45 Uhr: Eintreffen von Kronprinz Frederik im ZMAW, wo er von Roland Salchow, Staatsrat der Wissenschaftsbehörde, begrüßt wird. Im Zentrum sind eine Führung, Gerätedemonstrationen und die Vorstellung von Modellergebnissen geplant. Jochem Marotzke, Sprecher des ZMAW und Direktor am Max-Planck-Institut für Meteorologie, wird außerdem einen Vortrag zu Umweltthemen halten.
15.45 Uhr: Kronprinzessin Mary betritt die Klosterschule, wo sie von Schulleiter Ruben Herzberg und dem Chor der 5. Klassen erwartet wird.
Frederik will visit the Centre for Marine and Atmospheric Sciences, Mary will visit Hamburgs first all-day-school Klosterschule

Ca. 17 Uhr: Ende des Besuchsprogramms und getrennte Rückkehr des Kronprinzenpaars in das Gästehaus des Senats für eine kurze Ruhe- und Umkleidepause. Dort wartet "Lille Prins", der "kleine Prinz", Christian auf seine Eltern.

Ca. 18.40 Uhr: Abfahrt des Kronprinzenpaars zum Rathaus. Dort begrüßt Protokollchefin Johanna Hadenfeldt das Paar und den TUI-Chef Michael Frenzel ab 19 Uhr in der Rathausdiele.
19.15 Uhr: Bürgermeister Ole von Beust empfängt mit Michael Frenzel das Kronprinzenpaar auf dem oberen Absatz der Senatstreppe.
22.30 Uhr: Ende des Matthiae-Mahls.

from Danish Embassy in Berlin

ATTENDANCE of the CROWNPRINCELY COUPLE IN GERMANY - SHORT PROGRAM AND ACCREDITATION

the Danish CrownPrincely couple will make a visit to Germany on 17 and 18 February 2006. On the program an attendance of the free ones and Hanseatic city Hamburg stands on 17 February.

The arts center will visit the Kronprinzenpaar and an attendance in the center for navy and atmospheric sciences (Kronprinz Frederik) and/or the monastery school at the Westphalenweg (Kronprinzessin Mary) abstatten. The Kronprinzenpaar will participate in addition as honour guests in the traditional Matthiae meal.

On 18 February the Kronprinzenpaar continues its attendance in Schleswig-Holstein. The arts center becomes Kiel, the historical building of the savings bank Kiel, the museum at the Danewerk, which visits globe house in the baroque garden of the lock Gottorf as well as the lock Gottorf. The pair will participate in a receipt of Prime Minister Harry Peter Carstensen, to whom among other things also have representatives of the Danish minority in Germany.

first pic from ANP

Crown Pricess Mary of Denmark (C) arrives to the guest house of the Senate in Hamburg, Germany, Friday 17 February 2006. The Danish royal couple arrived with their little Prince for a visit in Hamburg. Crown Prince Frederick of Denmark and his Australian born wife are honourary guests to the traditional Matthiae-Mahl of the Hamburg Senate, reputedly the oldest celebrated feast in the world. EPA/ULRICH PERREY

Attachments

• 2399404.jpg
    2399404.jpg
    20.8 KB · Views: 610
Last edited by a moderator:
Thanks for the first pic...I like what Mary is wearing ;)

from dpa

Mary, the wife of the Danish Crown Prince, rises with its arrival on Friday 17,02,2006 at the guesthouse of the senate in Hamburg from the car. Of Denmark pair of successors to the throne with his small prince on Friday 17,02,2006 to an attendance in Hamburg arrived.
The Crown Prince and his wife originating from Australia are in the evening in the city hall honour guests with the oldest fixed meal of the world, the traditional Matthiae meal.
Photo: Ulrich Perrey of dpa

Attachments

• 058301_4.jpg
    058301_4.jpg
    25.5 KB · Views: 2,528
more photos! from anp

i love what mary is wearing and the hairdo. really looks lovely. much better than the last time at ciff, imo...

From gettyimages

Attachments

• 56869696.jpg
    56869696.jpg
    45.5 KB · Views: 345
from ANP without watermark

Denmark's Crown Prince Frederik and Crown Princess Mary arrive for their visit of the Kunsthalle museum 17 February 2006 in Hamburg, northern Germany. The royal couple is on a two day visit in the Hanseatic city and in the northern federal state of Schleswig-Holstein.
AFP PHOTO DDP/DAVID HECKER

Attachments

• 2399637.jpg
    2399637.jpg
    34 KB · Views: 478
  • 2399643.jpg
    2399643.jpg
    30.5 KB · Views: 340
  • 2399656.jpg
    2399656.jpg
    36.2 KB · Views: 365
  • 2399661.jpg
    2399661.jpg
    41 KB · Views: 409
  • 2399666.jpg
    2399666.jpg
    29.2 KB · Views: 361
more from DPA

Attachments

• 081301_4.jpg
    081301_4.jpg
    40.2 KB · Views: 352
  • 080901_4.jpg
    080901_4.jpg
    39.3 KB · Views: 418
  • 079001_4.jpg
    079001_4.jpg
    22.7 KB · Views: 543
  • 078601_4.jpg
    078601_4.jpg
    21.5 KB · Views: 788
  • 078201_5.jpg
    078201_5.jpg
    39.5 KB · Views: 378
  • 076101_5.jpg
    076101_5.jpg
    33.3 KB · Views: 407
face to face has 13 pics. Does anyone can post them here? thanks.

larzen posted in mary's designers thread that the skirt is by marlene birger and the purse by prada. the jacket also looks very prada to me.

2 more from ANP

from facetoface

Attachments

• 2399739.jpg
    2399739.jpg
    26 KB · Views: 573
  • 2399755.jpg
    2399755.jpg
    34.5 KB · Views: 342
Last edited by a moderator:
Mary really looks fab and stylish! Thanks for the pictures, all. I'll be looking forward to see more of this visit! :)

2 more from facetoface & 1 unwatermarked from DPA

and wherever Mary goes... there'll be little girls dreaming becoming a princess...

and many many camera pointing at the couple

(from dpa)

Last edited:
HAMBURG, GERMANY - FEBRUARY 17: Denmark's Crown Princess Mary arrive for her visit of the Kunsthalle museum February 17, 2006 in Hamburg, northern Germany. The royal couple is on a two day visit in the Hanseatic city and in the northern federal state of Schleswig-Holstein.
(Photo by Alexander Hassenstein/Getty Images)

and a few from polfoto

Last edited:
She looks gorgeous!

did Mary and Frederik take Christian with them?
I heard about it that the Lilleprins is in Germany too.
does anyone know?

Polfoto 17-02-2006 Danish Princess Mary applauds a children chorus, unseen, as she visits a full-time school in Hamburg, pictured on Friday, Feb. 17, 2006. Princess Mary and her husband Crownprince Frederik are on a two-day-visit in Germany. (AP Photo/Kai-Uwe Knoth)

Attachments

• AP618704_guest.jpg
    AP618704_guest.jpg
    19.6 KB · Views: 366
Princess_Beatrix said:
She looks gorgeous!

did Mary and Frederik take Christian with them?
I heard about it that the Lilleprins is in Germany too.
does anyone know?

Yes, he is.
And the German media keeps calling it his "first official visit",
there is even a TV-programme tommorrow titled "The Little Prince's Visit" - a bit ridiculous, if you ask me.
That would be baby-work?:)

But it was also said that he will be kept away from the media.
So, probably there will be no pictures of him.

ricarda said:
Yes, he is.
And the German media keeps calling it his "first official visit",
there is even a TV-programme tommorrow titled "The Little Prince's Visit" - a bit ridiculous, if you ask me.
That would be baby-work?:)

But it was also said that he will be kept away from the media.
So, probably there will be no pictures of him.

Yes I just heard about it in ZDF "Heute". ;)
Maybe we will see some "unofficial" pis of the the little cuty. :)

i don't think they will show Christian in the media, he's there because Mary is still breasfeeding him, right?
but, who knows? maybe if the press or media preasure them (like they did when Ingrid Alexandra visited Iceland)... but it would be unfair for Christian to steal the show.. haha.. Mary is enough.

From Face to Face, photos weren't post

Attachments

• m1.JPG
    m1.JPG
    20.1 KB · Views: 367
  • m2.JPG
    m2.JPG
    15.5 KB · Views: 403
  • m4.JPG
    m4.JPG
    17 KB · Views: 379
  • m0.JPG
    m0.JPG
    14.9 KB · Views: 399
Last edited:
Denmark's Crown Princess Mary and Crown Prince Frederik (L) arrive at the Kunsthalle museum on February 17, 2006 in Hamburg, northern Germany. The royal couple is on a two day visit in the Hanseatic city and in the northern federal state of Schleswig-Holstein.

From getty images

Attachments

• 56871187.jpg
    56871187.jpg
    35.1 KB · Views: 258
  • 56871188.jpg
    56871188.jpg
    32.6 KB · Views: 272
  • 56871189.jpg
    56871189.jpg
    24 KB · Views: 278
  • 56871191.jpg
    56871191.jpg
    26.4 KB · Views: 291
  • 56871192.jpg
    56871192.jpg
    35 KB · Views: 261
  • 56871193.jpg
    56871193.jpg
    28.7 KB · Views: 275
I hope they have a state dinner so we can see her evening gowns and jewelry!:)

Again, Mary's outfit is gorgeous!!! I love it!:) :)

(it's funny, nobody seems to care anything about what Fred is wearing...:p)

Mary looks great. I'd give anything to be able to afford her dermatologist and stylist!

She has such a perfect profile. I'm starting to think she was meant for this job!

in getty images there are some new pics of a dinner in the town hall.. mary is all dressup in a gala dress but i don't know how to post them

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom