Prince Frederik & Princess Mary as Patrons of Danmarks Collection: 2007 - 2021

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
:previous: Thank you Roskilde and fairy tale. The pictures are wonderful

They look like they had a great time and lovely that they joined the call center. It's just like them. Their commitment shines.

This picture of Mary hugging one of the volunteers is beautiful :wub:
http://www.billedbladet.dk/sites/bi...blic/media/article/_lhl5733.gif?itok=5ZQa_C8g

Love Frederik's smile. He and Mary just put people at ease
https://scontent-arn2-1.xx.fbcdn.ne...=a325859199cc744963e429b2aa859956&oe=5770C4B7
https://scontent-arn2-1.xx.fbcdn.ne...=9ba88a3a3d32e5eeb67754b1a7ce1ab0&oe=573C1659

They look like they had a great time, and again They sat with a group of students
http://asset.dr.dk/imagescaler/?fil...=ratio&ratio=4-3&quality=80&server=www.dr.dk#

A nice article from BB tell how well liked Frederik and Mary are. Even people who are against the royal family likes them:
Kronprinsesse Mary charmerede Cecilie Beck | BILLED-BLADET

During the national fundraising Crown Princess Mary and Crown Prince Frederik went around in the call center and Frederik won hearts when he, fresh as he is, helped taking the ringing phones and talked with the ordinar Danish who called in. And Mary definitely gave a good impression as well.

One of Denmark's very well known tv-news reporter, Cecilie Beck, who are against the monarchy, told afterwards about meeting Mary:

- "I must say that I was captivated by the Crown Princess! She really has a winning personality, and if I become converted to the monarchy, then it's because of her! She is unique."

- "The Crown Princess asked whether there were many children who called in and she was spot on there, because there is. Many children have worked and done something extra to make money so they could donate. And we talked a lot about that because the Crown Princess also do a lot of charity work, and we talked about how meaningful it is and how happy it makes you to help others."

this was a nice note. thanks. winning hearts one at a time lol ;)

This event was wonderful. It shows how in tune Frederik and Mary are with the people. Not only providing a donation and showing up to the show, where they look so cute having fun participating
http://media.avisen.dk/GetImage.ashx?imageid=6135579&sizeid=49

but also going around to the call center, chatting with the volunteers and answering a few calls. A job very well done :flowers:

Beautiful photo of Frederik with his wonderful smile
http://sn.dk/modules/xphoto/cache/71/767571_950_1200_17_0_965_667_2.jpg

:previous: Perhaps they would if Frederik started dressing like his dad. :cool:

Summary of article in Billed Bladet #06, 2016.
Written by Trine Larsen.

The annual national fundraiser gets a huge focus, as it is covered by the public service network DR1 - and as such the other medias cover it as well.
Due to the high profiling - and for altruistic reasons too of course... there is no lack of celebs and politicians willing to appear at the show and be phone-operators.
However, this year there has been more criticism than usual of the national fundraiser, the arguments being: Okay, it's fine to support refugees or children in third world countries, but how about a national fundraiser for people in need here in Denmark? Of which there are quite a few, not least in the wake of the financial crisis.
M&F are not blamed for this, rather the organizers behind the event. Also because DR1 is grabbing a very big piece of the money gathered for running the show, despite the fact that DR1 is funded by practically all Danes through a license-fee.

Unsurprisingly those celebs who took part in the event praise it in this article and as such also M&F. But more on what they had to say later.

M&F spend a good deal of the show, watching the entertainment and the appeals for money and also applauded the sums being donated by especially companies. Donations are tax-deductible. (Yes, I'm in my cynical mood tonight. :D).
Anyway, at some point M&F strolled around among the phone-operators receiving calls from the public, chatting, hugging, joking and shaking hands. At some point he was standing next to an actress and helped her typing in details from the callers. Then she said to her caller: "I've just got a grand visitor, Crown Prince Frederik. - You'll get him". Frederik took over: "Good evening, you are speaking with Crown Prince Frederik".
The actress later said: "The Crown Prince and I got 1.000 DKK for that call".

Some of the celebs auctioned away items. That included the very respected foreign correspondent, Rasmus Tantholt, who by the way is in the outskirts of Aleppo Syria today. Rasmus Tantholt who is a hardcore monarchist donated a bullet-proof west and a knife.
His wife who works at the same network as him, is on the other hand republican, but after meeting Mary she was willing to consider reconsidering her stand: "If I'm convinced it's definitely because of Crown Princess Mary. She's totally fantastic and (she) has such a likable demeanor/character. She's unique".

Another celeb, Mette Blomsterberg told our reporter: "I must confess that I stole a hug from the Crown Prince. Oh, he's so sweet and when he came to shake hand and say hi, I said: - No, I simply have to have a hug... and I got it".

The singer Hilda Heick, who very much appeals to the grandparent generation - or older, forgor to get up when Mary tapped her on the shoulder: "I became so flabbergasted that I just remained sitting and the thought milled around in my head... oooii, it's Mary, what am I going to say. But Mary handled that herself, because she thank us for spending a night off on helping.
Well, I think she's doing so much, but in particular for children and about bullying, so I thanked her for that. As mormor (maternal grandmother, her daughter is married to the DRF-chef, who has had to resign due to an injury) I'm very delighted that there is focus on bullying, that's an important cause".

... and also applauded the sums being donated by especially companies. Donations are tax-deductible. (Yes, I'm in my cynical mood tonight. :D).
Unfortunately I´ve heard that the companies not always pay the sum on Monday which they just donated on Saturday :ohmy:

Crown Princess Mary has given an interview for the show of this year's Danmarks Indsamling 2021 that will be shown on Saturday.
This year children affected by the corona crisis will be supported.

"Unfortunately there are many children in the world who have had their lives changed due to prolonged shutdowns as a result of corona.⁣
For many of these children, school means more than education, it also means protection. Children who are unable to attend school must
now live a life at greater risk of violence, abuse, lack of food, prostitution, child marriage and the risk of ending up in extreme poverty",
Mary is quoted:

** Pic ** kongehuset instagram **

A recorded interview with Mary will be shown tonight on DR1, in connection with the national fundraising.

The focus of the interview will be problems children, not least girls, face in connection with Corona in poorer countries.

Unemployment as a result of Corona is a major problem for many families and that means the families will have to find means to support themselves.

A typical way of doing that is to take the children out of school and put them to work in whatever jobs are available - any income is better than no income. And even for those who attend free schooling, there are still expenses that can be saved.
And once the children leave school, they are often unlikely to return.
The first to be taken out of school are typically the daughters, because they are destined to be married at some point anyway and thus supported by a husband...

Another was of saving money, is to reduce the number of mouths to feed. And that can be done by marrying off daughters at a younger age than planned - and as such usually against the will of the daughters. Not that they are asked.

A third option, if you have a young daughter and you have no other means of income... Well, I don't need to spell it out, do I?
Such a girl is more than unlikely to return to school and just as unlikely to get married. Not to mention that she will likely become pregnant pretty soon.
She is destined to a life in poverty.

When money are short and times are hard reforms and work on better rights, education and equal opportunities for girls in particular, tends to pushed aside simply out of necessity.
It has been estimated that Corona has pushed back the work for women's and girls rights in many countries with several years.

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom