Prince Christian's First Day of Primary School: August 12, 2011

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
FasterB, where were these pics taken and are they recent? Thanks!

According to the danish article posted above those pictures were taken at 8th of August this year, and, as i said before, they were taken at Frederik VIII Palace.

According to the danish article posted above those pictures were taken at 8th of August this year, and, as i said before, they were taken at Frederik VIII Palace.

Thanks, sorry I missed your earlier post:flowers:

What cute pictures. Christian looks great in the outfit and Bella lovely in the summer dress.
I wish they had chosen another room for the event or even picture as it looks like an unfinished room IMO. I hope Bella gets an outfit one day, I think she would look really nice in one.

Skolefoto af prins Christians på Amalienborg Slotsplads

About the court asking the press to stay away from the school at Prince Christian´s first day.
Instead the press are asked to come to Amalienborg and take photos there before the CPC leave for school with Prince Christian.

And here are the first pictures outside the palace, Christian, Fred and Mary
BILLEDSERIE: Prins Christians første skoledag - dr.dk/Nyheder/Billedserier

and a video **Belga picture gallery ** BT.dk picture gallery and here is another picture

Last edited by a moderator:
Christian seems so grown up and I loved Isabella's expression...Isabella's my favorite..she is so full of life

I wish they had chosen another room for the event or even picture as it looks like an unfinished room IMO
The reception took place in the vestibule, so I doubt there will be much more furniture in there.

Today's pics from gettyimages/daylife:

Crown Prince Frederik and Crown Princess Mary pose for photographs with their son Prince Christian
on his first day of School at Amalienborg Royal Palace on August 12, 2011 in Copenhagen, Denmark.
Prince Christian will attend his first day at Tranegard School today.

** gettyimages/daylife **

** BB: I dag starter prins Christian i skole ** translation ** BB gallery: Prins Christian 1. skoledag **

** sn.dk gallery: Prinsen glæder sig til første skoledag **

Last edited:
I do love this family. Christian is definitely "shooting" up and Isabella is adorable. Crown Prince Frederik and Crown Princess Mary are very proud parents indeed.

Last edited:
the whole scene is really very very cute! I like it the way Christian looks so excited about is first day at school, and you can see that Mary and Frederik are quite excited too. It's also very charming that Christina and his dad are wearing matching jumper/jacket - which incidentally brings out the blue of F's eyes in a very striking way ;-)
I do hope everything goes fine for him. I was just wondering how comes it that he is not going to the same Krebs school as his cousins, his uncle and his own dad?

Last edited:
I was just wondering how comes it that he is not going to the same Krebs school as his cousins, his uncle and his own dad?
Krebs School is a private school.
F&M wanted their son to attend a public school.

I ´m sure Christian will adapt and love his new school. Those photos of his were so cute and showed the happy, adventurous child he is. Also loved to see little Isabella beaming with pride for her brother, wearing such a lovely summer dress.

Skolefoto af prins Christians på Amalienborg Slotsplads

About the court asking the press to stay away from the school at Prince Christian´s first day.
Instead the press are asked to come to Amalienborg and take photos there before the CPC leave for school with Prince Christian.

At least the danish news paper BT chose not to respect that. :argh: They showed up near the school to take pictures: Prins nysggerrig: Hvad sker der i skolegården? - Royale - BT.dk

Love the picture of P Christian in the Greenland outfit. :)

I have to laugh, when the journalist ask Christian, if he know the name of some of the new class mates he said ; " You don`t need to know that"....:ROFLMAO: He is just so adorable:)

Last edited:
At least the danish news paper BT chose not to respect that. :argh: They showed up near the school to take pictures: Prins nysggerrig: Hvad sker der i skolegården? - Royale - BT.dk

Love the picture of P Christian in the Greenland outfit. :)

What a pity, and what a shame, that this newspaper did not respect F&M's request!
I mean, they have granted the media a photosession of C's being given the Greenland gift and of the three of them leaving house, with a brief question and answer time. So, basically they understood C's going to school is a matter of public interest and acted accordingly. They request was directed to save other children 's privacy, which they are totally entitled to! Of course, some advanteges will stem for them from going to school with C (e.g. lifetime acquaintance with the royal family, or even the extra effort teachers will put into the class so that F?M are totally satisfied), but they should be left alone! O do truly hope no pic of other family appears...

So Christian started school today?

So Christian started school today?

Yes, first day at school.
Apparently yesterday (Thursday) Christian went to school with other pupils as it was more like an open day where the students get to walk around and get to know each other.

I have to laugh, when the journalist ask Christian, if he know the name of some of the new class mates he said ; " You don`t have to know that"....:ROFLMAO: He is just so adorable:)
And when asked what he has in his lunch box he said: That's a secret.
But he seemed to have charmed everyone nevertheless.

Ekstrabladet got the impression that Christian already had some "how a prince deals with the media"-lessons. :)

Yes, first day at school.
Apparently yesterday (Thursday) Christian went to school with other pupils as it was more like an open day where the students get to walk around and get to know each other.

Wow that's early, in the UK school doesn't start for another month. But I supposed in DK they've been off longer. :)

I have to laugh, when the journalist ask Christian, if he know the name of some of the new class mates he said ; " You don`t need to know that"....:ROFLMAO: He is just so adorable:)

O thats's absolutely adorable, it feels like yesterday he was on his way to kindergarten! Would you be kind enough to translate what he and his parents said during the photo session for us non-Danish speakers? :flowers:

Christian looks so excited to be going to school :D. I love his 'handling' of the press. Tells them right away that they're asking for too much information :lol:.

Love the photos! M&F look so happy, and Christian looks so excited! Love Christian remarks, for a little one quite undaunted, and adept at handing the media. Great skills for a future King! LOL!

The cynic in me thinks the decision to send Christian to a public school is that Mary doesn't want school fees eating into her wardrobe budget...Ouch! i don't know if Krebs is co-ed but the thought of sending 4 kids through private school, I am sure she just sees the Louboutins slipping away ;)

:previous:
There always has to be one.

Iam sure Mary and Frederik looked at many schools to send Chtistian to and decided that this is the best school for Christian to attend.

What a delightful child Christian is.

:previous:
There always has to be one.

Iam sure Mary and Frederik looked at many schools to send Chtistian to and decided that this is the best school for Christian to attend.

What a delightful child Christian is.

Also the school Christian is attending has been described as one of the best performing schools in Denmark, with an involved and successful parent body. The lack of this sort of education at their public school is the reason many people go private, not because they relish the thought of spending a bunch of money to send their child to school.
If the Danish royal children can get a top flight education at no cost, well, more power to their parents.
One thing I'm curious about is whether Mary and Frederik pay taxes as members of the royal family? For some reason I think they don't, but am not sure if that's accurate. If they don't, and seeing as their, (most likely), four children are going to be getting a very nice education at the expense of the state, I wonder if they'd consider voluntarily paying the same taxes as every other Dane?

The cynic in me thinks the decision to send Christian to a public school is that Mary doesn't want school fees eating into her wardrobe budget...Ouch! i don't know if Krebs is co-ed but the thought of sending 4 kids through private school, I am sure she just sees the Louboutins slipping away ;)

Cynical, you do sound.
(edit comment-JessRulz)

Most of the Danish people seem to support maintaining their Royal family.
It is in the best interests of Denmark and it's people that Christian receives a good education.

The Danish Crown Prince and Princess seem to live/dress in a very comparable manner to that of other European Crown Prince Couples.

I don't hear of major objections towards Prince Christian going to a public school.

Most parents choose a school that suits their children. They consider the grounds and sporting fields, the programs on offer, the staff, the academic results and the positioning of the school, amongst other things.
One would presume that the Crown Prince Couple are similar to any other parents in this regard. There is no reason to suspect that Princess Mary is tossing up between a pair of shoes or a term of private school fees. I find your comments to be insulting.

The last story I saw published about Princess Mary's dress sense expressed disappointment that she was not wearing more new outfits instead of recycling her clothes. She cannot win.

I, for one, don't think a person's clothes or shoes are worthy of scrutinizing. I would not notice the brand of Mary's shoes nor the brands of my friends' shoes. Mary is welcome to wear whatever she likes.

I trust that the school that Christian attends has been well chosen for valid reasons and that he and his classmates will enjoy privacy and a great education.

Last edited:
starting school in the middle of august yuk i feel bad for him ...oh they are nice pics ...
but someone really needs to tell denmark school should start in september ...after the summer

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom