The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Join The Royal Forums Today

Old 05-06-2021, 09:58 AM
Heir Presumptive

Well, I did mean if they're not among the attendants ...

...but the Danish court has just announced that neither John and Susan nor Joachim, Marie and their children will be at the confirmation.

What a bummer. Especially John and Susan, and Marie. Joachim and the kids would be affected by the necessity for self-isolation, I can accept that, but Marie is essentially a stay-at-home mum these days. Surely, she could've made it here? And John and Susan, I'm not sure if either of them work anymore but I was sure especially the likeliness of them having been vaccinated would mean they'd be there.

Old 05-06-2021, 10:00 AM
Administrator

Here's an updated statement by the Palace:

** kongehuset: Privat til redaktionerne: H.K.H. Prins Christians konfirmation ** translation **

Quote:
Due to the corona situation, guests from abroad will not be participating in Prince Christian's confirmation. This unfortunately means that the immediate family from France, Great Britain and Australia will not be present on the day either. Thus, Prince Joachim and Princess Marie and their children have had to to cancel because of the current quarantine guidelines, and the same goes for John and Susan Donaldson in London. With regard to the family in Australia, it is not possible for them to participate because of exit restrictions, says communications director Lene Balleby

Old 05-06-2021, 10:02 AM
Imperial Majesty

What about Nicolai and Felix?
Old 05-06-2021, 10:16 AM
Imperial Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Biri View Post
What about Nicolai and Felix?
I presume they will be present.
Old 05-06-2021, 10:23 AM
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by iceflower View Post

Thanks. Poor Christian. I think under these cirumsdances it would have been better they would have postponed it for a few months which would most likely have meant that more guests from abroad could be present.

Old 05-06-2021, 10:29 AM
Imperial Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stefan View Post
Thanks. Poor Christian. I think under these cirumsdances it would have been better they would have postponed it for a few months which would most likely have meant that more guests from abroad could be present.
I understand the confirmation had already been postponed once. Unfortunately, Christian will be like a lot of children his age who have had to have confirmations and Bar Mitzvah's without all their loved ones present.
Old 05-06-2021, 10:29 AM
Serene Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stefan View Post
It has already been postponed twice.

Nikolai and Felix are invited.
Old 05-06-2021, 10:48 AM
Majesty

So will only Nikolai and Felix and Queen Margrethe II be invited?
Old 05-06-2021, 11:00 AM
Heir Presumptive

I can imagine Benedikte will be there as well. There's also Princess Alexandra of Berleburg, her daughter Ingrid and her husband (and Vincent's godfather) Count Michael Ahlefeldt-Laurvig-Bille who live in Denmark. Don't know if they'll go but considering the sheer amount of people who won't be able to go, it would be neat if they did.

Old 05-06-2021, 11:03 AM
Serene Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Archduchess Zelia View Post
I can imagine Benedikte will be there as well. There's also Princess Alexandra of Berleburg, her daughter Ingrid and her husband (and Josephine's godfather) Count Michael Ahlefeldt-Laurvig-Bille who live in Denmark. Don't know if they'll go but considering the sheer amount of people who won't be able to go, it would be neat if they did.
Jeppe Handwerk, Danish godfather, and possibly his family.
Old 05-06-2021, 11:21 AM
Heir Presumptive

For sure. And the only godparent out of 8 to be able to go

Old 05-06-2021, 01:25 PM
Imperial Majesty

It went as I feared.

I doubt Christian is particularly sad about a family-confirmation only, without representatives from the official Denmark, and TV and big coverage.
But now that hardly any friends and family attends, that must be a disappointment.

So I hope they celebrate him big time when he turns 16 come October.

(..)
Old 05-06-2021, 01:28 PM
Majesty

Would '16' be a reason for a large celebration? I know some countries celebrate '15' quite elaborately and others '18'.

(..)
Old 05-06-2021, 01:31 PM
Imperial Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Somebody View Post
Prince Emmanuel was born in the same month as Christian and Leonor.

Would '16' be a reason for a large celebration? I know some countries celebrate '15' quite elaborately and other '18'.
No, no sweet sixteen in DK. But the poor lad has pretty much been cheated of his confirmation, which is a big thing here.

(..)
Old 05-06-2021, 01:59 PM
Serene Highness

Didn't take long...

https://www.bt.dk/royale/bts-royale-...til-sin-nevoes
Old 05-07-2021, 04:54 AM
Heir Presumptive

Uh, that's quite scathing from Heinel Jensen who usually has a quite close relationship with Joachim and Marie.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Muhler View Post
I doubt Christian is particularly sad about a family-confirmation only, without representatives from the official Denmark, and TV and big coverage.
But now that hardly any friends and family attends, that must be a disappointment.
Since they consider it a private event, I doubt it would've been televised even if it hadn't been COVID-restricted. The cameras for church events usually aren't handheld which means camera people wouldn't take up guest-space.

However, judging from the little Dannebrog film, the DRF put up on their social media the other day, JJ Film seem to be working on a documentary, presumably for QMII's jubilee next year. Don't think it's unlikely they get to film a bit of the confirmation if so.

(..)

Old 05-07-2021, 06:11 AM
Administrator

Please stay on topic of this thread, which is not Prince Christian's birthday and possible birthday parties in October, but his confirmation this month. Thank you!
Old 05-07-2021, 06:23 AM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Uh, that's quite scathing from Heinel Jensen who usually has a quite close relationship with Joachim and Marie.
Very scatching and in my opinion totally uncalled for. These are special times and why should Prince Joachim be criticised for adhering to quarantine rules and for adapting them to different situations in his life. If he felt that he could be there he would be. We've all had to adapt our lives to government regulations and have had to stay away from special occasions because of them. Personally I spent Christmas Eve alone because I couldn't travel and because family members were ill.

I get the feeling that Mr Jensen is pissed about there not being much to write about Christian's confirmation. Less to write about = Less €€€.
Old 05-07-2021, 06:46 AM
Heir Presumptive

Because he's had no problem travelling back and forth previously, judging from the article.

Old 05-07-2021, 06:54 AM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Because he's had no problem travelling back and forth previously, judging from the article.
As I said we all adapt the rules to different situations. Having a holiday allowed for him to quarantine around Christmas and now the situation doesn't. I don't see any problem at all.