The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Join The Royal Forums Today

Old 05-04-2021, 03:12 PM
Majesty

The godparents of Prince Christian are Prince Joachim, Jane Stephens (his maternal aunt), Prince Haakon, Princess Mette-Marit, Princess Victoria, Prince Pavlos and two friends of his parents: Jeppe Handwerk and Hamish Campbell.

It is possible that not everyone will be in Christian's confirmation. It is almost impossible, because of the pandemic.
Probably only Prince Joachim should participate in Christian's confirmation.

I hope we have more information on the confirmation soon.

Old 05-04-2021, 03:28 PM
Serene Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blog Real View Post
The godparents of Prince Christian are Prince Joachim, Jane Stephens (his maternal aunt), Prince Haakon, Princess Mette-Marit, Princess Victoria, Prince Pavlos and two friends of his parents: Jeppe Handwerk and Hamish Campbell.

Probably only Prince Joachim should participate in Christian's confirmation.

Jeppe Handwerk lives in the Copenhagen area. He (and his family) should be able to attend.

Old 05-04-2021, 03:48 PM
Imperial Majesty

I think the DRF waited for the politicians to negotiate the next phase in the reopening, before publishing details. The politicians agreed on the next phase late yesterday, to take effect from Thursday this week.

Basically I'd say that anyone coming in from abroad is more than unlikely to attend.
The Norwegians and Swedes won't for no other reason that it may send out the wrong signal, when people are urged to stay put when at all possible until further ahead in the vaccination process.
I even think that Joachim and his family may be a problem.
Because for how long may Joachim have to quarantine when entering DK and going back to France? I don't know the current rules.
That means time off from work at an event that is not strictly necessary for him to attend. Christian is after all not son of Joachim.
And as for Athena and Henrik, How about their school? If they have to quarantine it may be two weeks.
And our Marie. Well, she could represent that part of the family, but would she prefer to stay with her children? Or will a member of her family babysit while she is away?

The Berleburgs may face the same problems. It depends on the situation in Germany.
So Benedikte, Ingrid and is it Nathalie or Alexandra who is married to the count on Egeborg? May be the only four representatives from that branch of the family.
Old 05-04-2021, 05:03 PM
Super Moderator
Royal Blogger

Will the Court Chaplain or Bishop perform the Ceremony?
Old 05-04-2021, 05:11 PM
Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Muhler View Post
I think the DRF waited for the politicians to negotiate the next phase in the reopening, before publishing details. The politicians agreed on the next phase late yesterday, to take effect from Thursday this week.

Basically I'd say that anyone coming in from abroad is more than unlikely to attend.
The Norwegians and Swedes won't for no other reason that it may send out the wrong signal, when people are urged to stay put when at all possible until further ahead in the vaccination process.
Because for how long may Joachim have to quarantine when entering DK and going back to France? I don't know the current rules.
That means time off from work at an event that is not strictly necessary for him to attend. Christian is after all not son of Joachim.
And as for Athena and Henrik, How about their school? If they have to quarantine it may be two weeks.
And our Marie. Well, she could represent that part of the family, but would she prefer to stay with her children? Or will a member of her family babysit while she is away?

The Berleburgs may face the same problems. It depends on the situation in Germany.
So Benedikte, Ingrid and is it Nathalie or Alexandra who is married to the count on Egeborg? May be the only four representatives from that branch of the family.
It is Alexandra who is married to a Danish count and living in Denmark (with her daughter Ingrid if I understand it correctly; not sure about her son Richard).

I assume that Nikolai and Felix will be present; whether their father can come as well from Paris remains to be seen.
Old 05-04-2021, 05:28 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by Somebody View Post
It is Alexandra who is married to a Danish count and living in Denmark (with her daughter Ingrid if I understand it correctly; not sure about her son Richard).

I assume that Nikolai and Felix will be present; whether their father can come as well from Paris remains to be seen.
According to this article about his 21st birthday celebrations Richard lives at Berleburg.

https://www.billedbladet.dk/kongelig...-paa-berleburg
Old 05-04-2021, 10:48 PM
Majesty

Whilst it would have been wonderful if Christian's Godparents had all been able to attend, as earlier posted, several are royals and expected to not only follow the rules but be seen to follow the rules. That duty to one's country supercedes personal preferences especially now when the eyes of their countries look to them to see how they follow Public Health warnings but to ensure it's not one rule for them and another for the rest.

However, while I know little about the Lutheran denomination, in the CofE Confirmation is that moment when a person takes on the promises made by their Godparents at their Baptism, for themself, and in so doing, are welcomed into the Church as a full (adult) member which is then celebrated by their First Communion. So, to me, it seems like the most important people are the Clergy in the form of the Bishop (?) and his family to celebrate with him.
Old 05-05-2021, 02:17 AM
Majesty

Will Prince Christian have a Confirmation sponsor?
Old 05-05-2021, 08:25 AM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nordic View Post
Does that 25 include the family of 6? What about a gathering/party/dinner/whatever outside in the garden? Is that more than 25?
Yup – don't know if it includes the bishop though. The limit for outside gatherings will be raised to 75 starting tomorrow. So depending on the weather, they could probably gather some guests outside after the confirmation.

Quote:
Joachim and Marie have no problem travelling back and forth between France and Denmark for holidays so I doubt it'd be a problem for them to make it to their nephew's (and Joachim's godson's) confirmation. After all, they've known the date for a long time now.

Old 05-05-2021, 11:12 AM
Serene Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by An Ard Ri View Post
Will the Court Chaplain or Bishop perform the Ceremony?
It so happens that the current Court Chaplain is also bishop over Århus Diocese. We have in Denmark 10 bishops and one in Greenland. The court chaplain need not to be bishop. The late Christian Thodberg wasn't.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MARG View Post
However, while I know little about the Lutheran denomination, in the CofE Confirmation is that moment when a person takes on the promises made by their Godparents at their Baptism, for themself, and in so doing, are welcomed into the Church as a full (adult) member which is then celebrated by their First Communion.
In the danish church (Folkekirken) confirmation is as in Church of England, the moment when a person takes on the promises made at their baptism. A little difference is that in Folkekirken you are a full member when you are baptised and can therefor parttake in communion from the moment you are baptised

Quote:
Originally Posted by Archduchess Zelia View Post
Yup – don't know if it includes the bishop though.
The priest, organ player, singers and other staff in churches are not counted in when a church can have for example 50 persons. But this only goes for the service in the church as soon as the service is over, then everyone counts as persons again.

Candidata Theologiae / Master in Theology
Old 05-05-2021, 11:35 AM
Heir Apparent

What happened during Frederik's confirmation? Service and a lunch? With also a dinner? A photosession?
Old 05-05-2021, 11:50 AM
Serene Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by kathia_sophia View Post
What happened during Frederik's confirmation? Service and a lunch? With also a dinner? A photosession?
IIRC then it was service and lunch and a photosession.

Old 05-05-2021, 01:17 PM
Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by kathia_sophia View Post
Here is a small recap with pictures. Frederik being cute as a button.
https://www.billedbladet.dk/kongelig...s-konfirmation
Old 05-05-2021, 01:32 PM
Imperial Majesty

Quote:
Yup – don't know if it includes the bishop though. The limit for outside gatherings will be raised to 75 starting tomorrow. So depending on the weather, they could probably gather some guests outside after the confirmation.

Joachim and Marie have no problem travelling back and forth between France and Denmark for holidays so I doubt it'd be a problem for them to make it to their nephew's (and Joachim's godson's) confirmation. After all, they've known the date for a long time now.
Oh, I was thinking about the ever-changing rules both here and elsewhere.
And I don't know how the rules are in France right now in regards to traveling - and returning to France.
I'm not even sure whether the schools have reopened.
If Henrik and Athena are home schooled, it hardly matters whether they are in France and DK - as long as the connection is good. But if they physically attend school it may be a different matter.

Quote:
Originally Posted by CyrilVladisla View Post
Will Prince Christian have a Confirmation sponsor?
Since I don't know what a sponsor is, probably not.

Perhaps FasterB can come to our rescue?
Old 05-05-2021, 02:54 PM
Serene Highness

Quote:
Since I don't know what a sponsor is, probably not.

Perhaps FasterB can come to our rescue?
I don't know what a sponsor is either. But if I am right in guessing that it is a person who will teach the young person about christianity/something equal to a Godparent, then no.

The person who is about to be confirmed (Konfirmanden) takes classes at the local priest together with his/her class mates and that's it

Old 05-05-2021, 03:05 PM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Oh, I was thinking about the ever-changing rules both here and elsewhere.
And I don't know how the rules are in France right now in regards to traveling - and returning to France.
I'm not even sure whether the schools have reopened.
If Henrik and Athena are home schooled, it hardly matters whether they are in France and DK - as long as the connection is good. But if they physically attend school it may be a different matter.
Based on their age, I'm assuming Henrik is in middle school while Athena is still in primary school. To the best of my knowledge, that means Athena has returned to school while Henrik alternates between home schooling and on-site learning. But I don't think that shouldn't stand in the way of Joachim and Marie making it there.

Old 05-06-2021, 02:13 AM
Majesty

I too think Joachim and Marie should be able to attend. They have traveled to Denmark at least 4 times in 2020. Hopefully they will.

More speculation on the guest but Countess Alexandra's press secretary has confirmed Nikolai and Felix are invited.
https://www.bt.dk/royale/bekraeftet-...mation-uvished
Old 05-06-2021, 02:52 AM
Aristocracy

Quote:
Based on their age, I'm assuming Henrik is in middle school while Athena is still in primary school. To the best of my knowledge, that means Athena has returned to school while Henrik alternates between home schooling and on-site learning. But I don't think that shouldn't stand in the way of Joachim and Marie making it there.
As far as I knew Henrik attends Ecoles des Roches, so there is no distance learning for him, but I can be wrong of course.
Anyhow they should be able to attend, if everybody is at peace with it.
Old 05-06-2021, 08:06 AM
Heir Presumptive

In the BT article @polyesco linked to above, they report that John and Susan live in the UK these days. Given their age and the efficiency of the British vaccination programme, I'd assume they've been vaccinated by now so I'd be very surprised if they're among the attendants.

Quote:
Originally Posted by valeas View Post
As far as I knew Henrik attends Ecoles des Roches, so there is no distance learning for him, but I can be wrong of course.
Anyhow they should be able to attend, if everybody is at peace with it.
Oh, is that something new? In 2019, I'm fairly certain both he and Athena started École Internationale Bilingue Monceau in Paris. Is he a border then? Otherwise, that's quite a trip to make each day.

Old 05-06-2021, 09:56 AM
Super Moderator

Quote:
In the BT article @polyesco linked to above, they report that John and Susan live in the UK these days. Given their age and the efficiency of the British vaccination programme, I'd assume they've been vaccinated by now so I'd be very surprised if they're among the attendants.

If they or if they are not ? Because when they are vaccinated their attendance should not be such an Issue