Pictures of Mary before her Marriage

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
She signed up for the StarMaker's course AFTER she met Fred. She attended six Sunday sessions from November 12 to December 20, 2000. She signed up for more classes on Feb. 10, 2001.

There was a lot of hoopla about this in Australia because she signed a release form that her images and videos could be used to promote the course and in fact they were used on the Starmaker's website in 2001. When Mary moved to Denmark although not yet engaged to Frederik, the owner asked for Mary's permission to release Mary's videos from the Starmaker's course to 60 Minutes but the owner ended up getting a legal letter saying no. Although the owner's lawyer said that she had every right to release Mary's video, the owner didn't. But as a compromise, the photos that you see of Mary in the Starmaker's course ended up being released to A Current Affair. And there was no legal action taken against the owner for this move.

Ms Page also has a new Starmakers course set up in Denmark. I wonder how Mary feels about that given the mini scandal?

Yes, Mary signed up after, but we don't know the reason. It could have had to do with Fred or it could have been something she was planning to do all along.

Right that’s all and in the close up picture you can still see the beautiful bone structure that Mary possesses, which today is highlighted by professionally applied make-up. As for her nose – it is clearly the same nose, her cheeks are fuller in those photographs which, from my own experience, can change how your nose looks, but if you closely examine photographs over the years she was dating Frederick to now you can see her face looses that fullness.
And on the topic of ‘big city life making a difference’ it does and did for Mary. The starmarkers photographs were not taken as she went about her daily life like the others they were taken in a studio by someone who was supposed to be a professional photographer and I have to say if I was in charge of that agency I would not want the full body shots about for general viewing because if this is the type of work they produce then young ladies should run the other way.

I'm amazed that you are so sure. Her nose in her early years looked different than now. I don't know the exact reason, I don't think you know more.
Her face here was not that full, no more fuller than lots of her pictures taken shortly before or after the babies.
http://maryletizia.web-log.nl/photos/uncategorized/004met_vrienden.jpg
vs.
http://listas.20minutos.es/lists//img/2008-02/7235/107229_320px.jpg

A big city life makes a difference (appearance wise since we only compared pictures) ? Wanting to admit or not, it's 'a man or money making a difference' :lol:.
http://i50.photobucket.com/albums/f334/Little_stars/Royalty/marypopcorn.jpg
http://i50.photobucket.com/albums/f334/Little_stars/Royalty/marypopcorn.jpg
vs.
http://i108.photobucket.com/albums/n38/GRUFKIN/marygrad2.jpg
vs.
http://i273.photobucket.com/albums/... Frederik and Crown Princess Mary/mary-8b.jpg

http://i50.photobucket.com/albums/f334/Little_stars/Royalty/120870831.jpg

This is the best of the bunch, IMO. I've only known one person in my life that can take a good driver's license photo. Mine personally looks like I just woke up, which I did, before arriving early at the DMV, only to still have to wait 30 minutes:ermm:.

I've always thought Mary was an attractive woman, before and after marriage. She's just been polished up a bit, so to speak.

thank you great pictures! i must say her skin looks very different from today and her apereance too!, i prefer today!

Mary is more polished now- she became so as her relationship with Fred developed, that much is obvious- but I think that she was a very pretty, normal girl/woman before. You can't expect someone of average means to be as well put together as a Crown Princess. I wish I was as pretty as Mary was before her engagement but her "transformation" certainly inspires me to stick to my New Year's resolutions.

Thanks for all the pics everyone, I am enjoying them immensely.

IMO, Mary hasn't changed that much. She has definetely better clothes, make up an hairdo, but she only lost a few kilos. She looks better now, but she is the same normal pretty woman she was before her marriage.
Most of her old pics are really bad pics. IMO, that's the reason why she looks so different now.

Last edited:
I'm amazed that you are so sure. Her nose in her early years looked different than now. I don't know the exact reason, I don't think you know more.
Her face here was not that full, no more fuller than lots of her pictures taken shortly before or after the babies.
vs.

Seeing those pics, you make a good point. Her nose does look somewhat different. But if she had something done, it was very subtle.

Also, we should remember that we "lost" a year between Mary and Fred' first meeting. She was discovered about a year after they started dating so besides those pics we have on the night of their meeting(I will try to find those pics) we don't see Mary until those first pics surfaced in Billed Bladet of Mary outside her office. A lot could have happened in that year and I suspect did happen (esp the weight loss part). Like someone said, when you're in a relationship with a new guy, it can make you want to be better. And it probably wasn't any different with Mary. Love can make you bloom. :flowers:

IMO, Mary hasn't changed that much. She has definetely better clothes, make up an hairdo, but she only lost a few kilos. She looks better now, but she is the same normal pretty woman she was before her marriage.
Most of her old pics are really bad pics. IMO, that's the reason why she looks so different now.

Mary's lost quite a bit of weight. Not that she was overweight at the time of meeting Fred, but you can see from her younger photos that she was slightly overweight when younger. From the time of the Starmakers photos to her moving to Denmark, she had lost maybe 10 kilos. But I suspect she lost more that that overall if you look at her early photos. I remember the weight loss being mentioned as part of the Starmakers thing. That she ended up losing weight as a result because she felt much better about herself during that course.

... but she has changed in some fulcure aspects: she is more skinny, she has a better skin, she has changed a lot - yes - her way of dressing, she dresses now haute couture and Pret a Porter fashion designers...to me she has changed a lot!

I think we can see what money and good fashion adviser can do to you!!SHE HAS CHANGE SO MUCHT, first her wardrobe, then her hair, then her weight, gosh everyhting on her has changed a lot, a 100% changed....:ohmy:
I agree with you, inall the other photos she look a real commoner girl, pretty, yes, but as normal as any of us, later you see a difference, style, thiner, glow in hr skin, pose, etc.....

vs.
Donna, you posted two photographs taken at completely different angles that were taken at least 15 years apart and what, you’re shocked that she has changed. Mary’s face was fuller then, and no her face hasn’t been that full since she married Frederick as she has never been that weight again.
royals.web-log.nl: Prinses Mary bij diner en bij 'rare diagnoses' day. On the face forward shots her nose looks the same to me.
Exactly money makes a difference, which was my point; you are comparing a photograph of a young woman graduating university to a working woman in her late twenties. Naturally we all change when we leave university and start working and earning our own money. The way you are going on you would swear that Mary is the only woman who changed as she got older. And what is the problem with the photographs of Mary going to a movie. Do you think she should be decked out in a business suit? She is dressed casually for a girl’s day out; we have seen photographs of Mary dressed casually when she is out and about with her children too.

Mary has changed there is no doubt about that, but she hasn’t changed that much physically besides the weight that she lost. Her clothes are more expensive now, but if I had the budget she had mine would be too, people are acting as thought she was some ugly fat unsophisticated lump when she met Frederick. All she has done is improve on what God gave her, which most people do as they get older and their careers take off and they have found their place in the world – it is not something that Mary is alone on.

Last edited:
Donna, you posted two photographs taken at completely different angles that were taken at least 15 years apart and what, you’re shocked that she has changed. Mary’s face was fuller then, and no her face hasn’t been that full since she married Frederick as she has never been that weight again.
royals.web-log.nl: Prinses Mary bij diner en bij 'rare diagnoses' day. On the face forward shots her nose looks the same to me.

The two pictures of me are different angles, however still the front view. Her nose doesn't look the same in your picture as before either, let's agree to disagree.

Exactly money makes a difference, which was my point; you are comparing a photograph of a young woman graduating university to a working woman in her late twenties. Naturally we all change when we leave university and start working and earning our own money. The way you are going on you would swear that Mary is the only woman who changed as she got older. And what is the problem with the photographs of Mary going to a movie. Do you think she should be decked out in a business suit? She is dressed casually for a girl’s day out; we have seen photographs of Mary dressed casually when she is out and about with her children too.

I think you missed the point here. I have no problem with any of her casual or frumpy clothes or the same blue bag she had been carrying all the time :lol:, that's the way she was pre-Fred or shortly after him, no big deal. My initial reply was only to your jumping into 'big city life making difference' after someone comparing her graduation picture and pictures after dating Fred for a couple of years, you seem to forget there is a man and his black Amex there :lol:.
I think I already made myself clear in my post, don't want to run into the circles again.

Last edited:
No donnak you missed my original point in the post you first replied to – which was you simply cannot compare a graduation photograph of anyone to one taken 5/6 years later and use it as an example of how who they are dating has changed them. Everyone changes as they begin their lives after education regardless of who they are dating and what credit cards they have. The original poster used an example of photographs taken years apart to show how Mary transformed immediately after meeting Fred, my response was of course there are going to be differences, even the photographs you posted of Mary at the movies are different than the graduating one – they were all taken years later.

As for her nose – one of the photographs you posted has a side angle, the other one is face on, the one I used is also face on and while her face is not as full her nose is still the same shape and the same width but you are right we will have to agree to disagree on that.

Enough already! donnaK and Amelia please continue your argument via PM so the rest of us can enjoy this thread.

Thanks,

Mandy
Danish Forum Moderator

Mary used to look very ordinary, wearing ordinary clothes, having the usual five kilos too much therefore she was a bit chubby. She was not ugly but not especially pretty either, rather somebody you would not notice. Very similar to other CPs before marriage on private pictures. It's quite natural that when marrying a prince and getting access to money and styling as appearance becomes most important a person will change. This is what happened to Mary. She got advisors who told her to lose weight, how to dress and how to style herself and this is the result. There will be unflattering pictures from any person - even from those who were born into a world where appearance matters a lot - , no matter what they try to erase their embarrassing past, just ask Victoria Beckham. As I recall such unflattering pictures from all current CPs before they became center of attention I don't see anything unusual in Mary's transformation - it would be exceptional if there hadn't been one.

I agree, I would not mind to get such a trasfortmation!

No I am with you 100% ashelen that would be great.There is no doubt Mary has changed but that was always going to be the case. Ordinary she was but all the help in all aspects of her life a more sophisticated lifestyle all leads to a completely different sort look.

She was and she is an elegant women, we can see some pictures of her just after she meet Frederick where she has changed only her wardrobe and she looks quite elegant so in fact she is a very pretty lady before and after Frederick, but with some money,with some help from fashion advisers (but Mary herself has very good taste on clothes) and with some hep from the "Princess School" she turns out to be a mucht more distinguished and high standing women and makes a lot of difference!!!

She got advisors who told her to lose weight, how to dress and how to style herself and this is the result.

You don't even need advisors for that - even average girls can ask in their local beauty parlour for advice. The thing is you have somebody to cook health food for you, you don't have to do household chores anymore, instead you have somebody to work on you as a personal beauty assistent or fitness trainer. And suddenly you slim, your skin gets better, your body reacts to massages... Nothing to be astonished of. If there is beauty at the base you'll emerge a beauty. If you have just character, you'll emerge an impressive person.

I agree with various aspects of many of the posts above. Mary was a very nice pretty girl before she met Fred. She was fun, pretty, easy going, sporty, and well employed. Otherwise Fred would not have chosen her! She applies her makeup very similarly as she does now. She still dresses when she is not "on duty" they same way. I agree when you have someone helping you with household chores etc it is easier. I also agree when you have access to the best it helps too. But you can't change the canvas. It has to be good in the first place. I think Mary is that way. I do envy her. Not in a "I hate what she has" way but more in a "Oh I wish I had that, lucky girl" type way. I think she is great.

You don't even need advisors for that - even average girls can ask in their local beauty parlour for advice. The thing is you have somebody to cook health food for you, you don't have to do household chores anymore, instead you have somebody to work on you as a personal beauty assistent or fitness trainer. And suddenly you slim, your skin gets better, your body reacts to massages... Nothing to be astonished of. If there is beauty at the base you'll emerge a beauty. If you have just character, you'll emerge an impressive person.
I agree with you 100%, when you have somebody doing all the everyday things for you and you can have a trainer , healthy food,ETC,...ETC... helps, but of course you have to have a good canvas to start with.... I don't envy her but girls I really would love to have a little bit of all that help, even if it is just for a day!

Last edited:
My!!! She DID change a LOT!!! :eek::wacko: She looks much better right now. Physically..The important thing in a person is the inside. And it should be important (for the sake of Denmark Monarchy) to see in wich way she changed INSIDE when she became Crownprincess. :innocent:

Vanesa.

I also agree with this--yes, she was pretty before but also very "normal" looking girl-next-door. Today, she looks very polished and chic, which takes money and stylists. Her clothes are gorgeous, and she looks gorgeous in them. This just didn't happen overnight, the "princess look" she carries with her.

What a very nice article that "Once upon a time" was! I had not seen it before. Not just about Mary and Frederik but also, the description of Denmark, which is on the list of European countries I would dearly love to tour one day.

Are there any pictures of Mary with Brett Annelis from before her marriage to CPF? I heard he was in vited to the wedding but declined?
R.

Who is Brett Annelis? I assume that he must be an ex-boyfriend, but where is he from and what does he do?

I read somewhere that she lived with him for 6 years and helped her a lot with the lost of her mother.

Back
Top Bottom