Pictures of Mary before her Marriage

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Last edited:
Yep I agree it's called $$$$$$ she has lost weight wears amazing amazing clothes has a life that isn't shabby ... I don't think she would summer and winter residences if she married Jo average .... definitely looks different since marrying into a whole other stratosphere and that's just IMO of course

Not sure I understand your point though.

Anyway, many Joe Averages own a summer cottage or a time share apartment down south, so it is possible for ordinary people to have a summer and a winter residence. ;)

I recall that visit vaguely. It wasn't that high profile at the time. Mary was still in training as Crown Princess and it was only when the official festivities in connection with the wedding began that the Mary-crazy took off for real!
Until then she wasn't seen that much.
I remember the first gala dinner (in connection with the engagement?) she was wearing a plain asymmetrical dress in contrast to Frederik who in his uniform was weighed down by orders.
She looked like a frightened deer caught in headlights. I felt sorry for her.

The DRF has had a healthy practice about sending the princesses who have married into the family out in the deep end as soon as they can stretch their wings.
Our Marie for example was send solo to Morocco on what was also clearly a training mission very early on. That could just as well have been undertaken by a minister. Marie on that visit of course having the very useful advantage of speaking French as well as English.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom