Name & Godparent Suggestions for the Twins

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I think they are more likely to use Annika/Anneke than Lucas...I associate Annika with Scandinavia because of Swedish golfer, Annika Sorensen...And it honours Annie (in Mary's family) and Anne-Marie (in Fred's family) while giving the name a fresh modern sound

Prince Andreas Knud Frederik Gustav
Princess Mathilda Sophie Dorothea Charlotte

Godparents for the little prince: John Donaldson (Mary's brother); Prince Nikolaos of Greece and Denmark; Gustav, Hereditary Prince of Sayn-Wittgenstein-Berleburg; and Princess Máxima of the Netherlands. Plus a few personal friends.

Godparents for the little princess: Patricia Bailey; Princess Alexandra of Sayn-Wittgenstein-Berleburg; Princess Theodora of Greece and Denmark; and Prince Daniel, Duke of Västergötland. Plus a few personal friends.

First, to Taroonababe, obviously there are some very basic common knowledge that you don't have of the princely couple of Denmark.
Two great contributors to this forum already explained to you why Catherine Middleton that Mary and Frederik haven't meet even for one second is very unlikely to be godmother to their children, that CP Mary's LIWs are friends of her and Frederik before being mere "staff", and that Mary and Frederik value their "EX royal" cousins indeed since they are godparents to both Christian and Isabella.
Now, maybe you have some interesting names, or godparent suggestions to offer?

BTW I like:
Norah Mary Charlotte Friederike

Norah doesn't sound typical royal yet it's one of Queen Ingrid's beloved mother - Margaret of Connaught's names. Mary to honour CP Mary's grandmother to whom she was very close. Charlotte: just a sweet royal french name, and Friederike because it is a danish name, sounds regal and at least one of Fred's girls ought to be named after him.
Sorry for the little boy, I only had some girl crush today :D:D

Last edited:
and what, pray tell, do you mean by that ?

You quite obviously do not know or understand you're own Crown Princely Couple if you say things like that.

First, to Taroonababe, obviously there are some very basic common knowledge that you don't have of the princely couple of Denmark.
Two great contributors to this forum already explained to you why Catherine Middleton that Mary and Frederik haven't meet even for one second is very unlikely to be godmother to their children, that CP Mary's LIWs are friends of her and Frederik before being mere "staff", and that Mary and Frederik value their "EX royal" cousins indeed since they are godparents to both Christian and Isabella.
Now, maybe you have some interesting names, or godparent suggestions to offer?

Well said, again. :flowers:

Is it possible that the children will share a single set of godparents, or will they each have a completely different set?

Is it possible that the children will share a single set of godparents, or will they each have a completely different set?

They could share the same set of god parents, but the CPly couple could also choose to use the opportunity and make a set for each twin! Being a god parents is always an honour and it's hardly rocket science that family members and friends in particular would be honoured to become royal god parents:)! Danish children are allowed a maximum of five God parents, but royal children usually have more, because there are several 'considerations' to be made!

Viv

14th of April is the babtism in Holmens kirke in Copenhagen

:previous:

A thread for the christening has been created here. I'm surprised the christening is not listed on the CPC's website, only on Kongehuset.

How cute would it be if they called the twins Frederik & Ingrid :) Unlikely imo, but cute.

I was thinking about:

Matilda/Mathilde/Josephine Sophie Dagmar Victoria
William/Andreas/Andre Frederik Gustav Archibald

Frederikke is also likely for a the baby princess. It would be cute if they used Grace, Helena, Marina, Erica, Amélie or Beatrice.
For the baby prince I also think that Michael is likely to be used.

You quite obviously do not know or understand you're own Crown Princely Couple if you say things like that.

And you do know them? You're well acquainted with them?

And you do know them? You're well acquainted with them?

You can quite clearly see that Mary is not a snobby person and does not care if she has ex royals or staff as godparents to her children. I do not have to know them personally to see that.

As Peter Heering is already a godfather to Isabella, I don't think Caroline will be a godmother to one of the twins :)

I think we're all wondering what the outfit will be like. I'm hoping for a pink dress and blue coat. :lol:

How come having Peter as a godfather possible eliminates Caroline? :)

They have a lot of friends and I doubt, that they want to favour some :)

They have a lot of friends and I doubt, that they want to favour some :)

You may have a lot of friends, but you may only have a few select close friends who you want to name godparents of your children. :)

Like Helle :) Mary is Godmother to her son Holger :) Or Caroline Flemming :) Mary is Godmother to her daughter Josephine :)

Is Mary godmother to any of Caroline Heerings children?

I hope they do have a different set of godparents for each twin. They are individuals after all. At least being different genders would minimize future 'twin issues' though.

Is Mary godmother to any of Caroline Heerings children?

No, I think one was born before Mary moved to Denmark, but Mary was (together with Fred) at the christening of Emilie, even before she moved to Denmark :)

Last edited:
I have a few more clues since the dates for the christening was announced...

Date announced: 11 February...birthday of Thomas Edison
Boy name will be: Thomas Archibald Oscar Frederik

Date of christening: 14 April...birthday of Birgit Zinn (Danish actress)
Girl name might be: Birgit Charlotte Patricia Jane (or Brigitta Matilda Patrica Jane)

I hope they just use Matilda and Oscar like I want them to...either that or Xenia and Olafur ;)

I'm surprised the christening is not listed on the CPC's website, only on Kongehuset.

Actually, it is. You need to forward their calendar to find it though :whistling:

:flowers: So, I was right about them "piggy backing" events..well, I ASSUME I was right :ROFLMAO:...they have scheduled the christening two days before QM2 birthday. :D

And..there is plenty of time to fit in a trip to the UK as well, for the benefit of other posters concerned about the christening interfering with the wedding of Kate and William. (I still think that is all a nonissue, but pointing it out nonetheless in the name of keeping peace on the forums.) :bang::ROFLMAO::flowers:

Since Willem-Alexander and Maxima will be on a state visit to Germany from 13-15 april 2011 I don't think they will be godparents.

Since Willem-Alexander and Maxima will be on a state visit to Germany from 13-15 april 2011 I don't think they will be godparents.

That's too bad since I thought Maxima would be named a godmother. Actually, it still is a possibility ... she can be a godmother just not be in attendance. I think Frederik is a godfather to Amalia or Ingrid Alexandra but didn't attend because of another commitment.

godparents

Since royal babies usually seem to have a ton of godparents (unlike us average Joe's) I thought it would be in the spirit of welcoming and acceptance into the Royal fold as it were if M&F made Kate one of the godparents to the twins.:flowers:

Except Mary and Frederik have never met Catherine.

godparents

Lumutqueen,how do you know for sure that M&F haven't met Kate?

There has only been one occasion when they could have possible met and that was at Prince Charles' 60th. After one meeting with a stranger do you think they're going to make her godmother to their children?

For the girl I really like

Princess Anna Renee Friedrikke Elizabeth

Anna both from the royal family tree and for Great Aunt Anne-Marie of Greece
Renee for Henrik's mother
Friedrikke for her father (since they introduced equal primogeniture, she could be queen one day, well if a lot of tragedy strikes the family, so instead of brother use it)
Elizabeth-Mary's maternal grandmother

and for the little boy

Prince Eric Peter Andre Marius

Eric-Danish royal name
Peter-Mary's paternal grandfather
Andre-Fred's paternal grandfather
Marius-in honor of his mother, switch around, giving princess a name for Fred

as for godparents some combination of

Mary's siblings Patricia and John (Jane already was)
Fred's Greek cousins Theodora and Nikkolai
Fred's German cousins Gustav and Nathalia
Friendly royalty Daniel of Sweden and Maxima of the Netherlands
and then friends of the couple

so maybe for princess- John Donaldson, Theodora, Nathalia, Daniel, friend of couple
prince- Patricia, Nikkolai, Gustav, Maxima, friend of the couple

I don't think grandparents would ever be considered as godparents...they are grandparents and give guidance and wisdom in other ways and being older also hinders their ability to be there when the godchild comes of age...I think the godparent is usually someone of the same age group as the parents or younger, someone with similar values to the parents and someone who can offer a insight into the character and life of their parents (which is why it is important for Mary to always choose an Australian godparent)...

So I really don't see grandparents, John Donaldson, and wife Susan Moody and QM and Prince Henrik EVER being considered for this role at all...I see Patricia Bailey being chosen as (one of) the girls godparents and John Donaldson jnr being chosen for the boy...then all siblings (of Mary) have a godchild and make up the Australian criteria...or vice versa ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom