Name & Godparent Suggestions for the Twins

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I have no idea where they will go with these babies...So many good names and only 8 spots to fill, 4 names per child...

I think they would like something like:
Charlotte Frederikke Dagmar Jane
Sophie Thyra Ingeborg Patricia (or Matilda Ingeborg Thyra Patricia)
(for 2 girls) I think they like popular names that have also been used for royals

Boys maybe:
Oscar Marius Johannes Frederik
Harald Aage Vilhelm Christian

And they might use Charlotte and Oscar for girl/boy twin...both popular at the moment with 'real' people and also royal names, which is handy...the only way they won't use Charlotte is if they don't want 2 C names (Christian and Charlotte), then I go for Matilda and Sophie or Amelia and Matilda...

It's so interesting to see what everyone thinks the twins will be named.
I am absolutely rubbish at this type of thing but I think it would be nice if maybe some of Mary's Scottish heritage came through (not biased at all, being Scottish myself :whistling:).
In Scotland, and maybe elsewhere, it is quite common for a middle name to be the mother's maiden name or another family surname so maybe, instead of Donaldson though, Donald could be used. Also, not sure how accurate Wikipedia is, but when you look at Mary's ancestry this seems to have happened a couple of times in her own family.

Last edited:
Lizy, that would be a nice touch, reflecting the Donaldson's scotch heritage. :flowers:

I am getting the feeling if one of the twins is a girl, they will definitely use Matilda...it is very Australian by association (Waltzin' Matilda) while at the same time being very European royalty and it is at the moment very popular with the Aussie celebs and Aussies in general...

Princess Matilda sounds awesome too...Matilda Dagmar Olympia Jane
(Olympia to represent where M&F met in 2000 and Jane after Mary's eldest sister)

For boys I am thinking Oscar, because that is popular at the moment with 'normal' people and it does have royal connections (King Oscar of Norway, love his sardines ;) ) Prince Oscar is so cool...

Oscar Aage Donald Frederik

HURRY UP BABIES!!!

Godparents:
-Prince Daniel of Sweden
-John Stuart Donaldson
-Prince Nikolaos of Greece
-Princess Elena of Spain
-Amber
-Princess Martha Louise of Norway

Girls' Names:
Caroline
Charlotte
Marie/Mary
Louise
Elisabeth
Ingrid
Sophia
Mathilde
Anne-Marie
Agathe
Odile
Patricia
Jane
Dagmar
Helene
Alexandra

Boys' Names:
Erik
Oscar
Frederick
Andre/Anders
Joachim
Johan
Hans
Stuart
Wilhelm
Carl
Axel
Alexander
Filip
Georg
Gustaf

I had been thinking about Donaldson as a middle name?

Prince Oscar Donaldson Axel Frederik?

I say they'll go for Mary & Frederik (Frederikke if two girls). If we're looking at two boys, I think they'll go for Eric for Boy # 2.

Maybe some Australian names:
Prince Bruce
Princess Kylie

;)
I don't like those names for royalty. Gustaf is a nice boy's name and Dagmar for a girl's middle name but not first name.

I agree, Leslie06 - it's time Amber Petty was godmother. She has been such a loyal friend, and she hasn't put a foot wrong in at least two years.

I would like to propose the following christian names: Elisabeth, Mechtild, Suitger or Toto.

I like the name Elizabeth.
But how are the other 3 christian?

I would like to propose the following christian names: Elisabeth, Mechtild, Suitger or Toto.

Toto is a bit Bob Geldof/Jamie Oliver isn't it, not to mention coming straight out of a musical! :ermm: Thomas, yes, (Couldn't be much more christian!) then "Toto" can be a nickname. Nice!

Mechtild" makes me think of the term "meh" unfortunately.

DOn't forget that the CH is pronounced differently :) So it wouldn't be similar to Meh :)

Yes and it´s boring. There is the Princess Elisabeth of Belgium.

Isn't Elizabeth the same name of the (latin) Isabella? So I think we can rule that one out.

And Denmark already has a princess Elisabeth so that name is deffo out

I think they will choose some names that are easy to pronounce in Denmark. I have no clue how to pronounce Suitger?? Toto reminds me of the dog in The Wizard of Oz.

Last edited by a moderator:
I hope that Frederik and Mary will choose the name ´Dagmar´ because its my first name too!

And Denmark already has a princess Elisabeth so that name is deffo out.

Well, as they now have to Henriks, one older one younger, I think they don't see it as such a big problem :lol:

Isn't Elizabeth the same name of the (latin) Isabella? So I think we can rule that one out.

It is, but that doesn't affect the fact that I like it.

Yes and it´s boring. There is the Princess Elisabeth of Belgium.

There is also a Princess Elisabeth of Denmark, but that didn't stop them named baby Henrik after his grandfather.
It being boring, is a matter of opinion.

If it's two girls:

Astrid Benedikte Dagmar Mary
Thyra Elizabeth Caroline Anne

If it's two boys:

Alexander Johan Mikael Peter
David Frederik Gustaf Carl

If it's one of each:

Astrid Benedikte Dagmar Mary
David Frederik Gustaf Carl

I like Astrid Benedikte Dagmar Mary and Alexander Johan Mikael Peter, Sister Morphine. Those are great choices.

What do you think about these names: Georg, Ignaz, Nikolaus, Andreas, Ferdinand, Anton, and Barbara, Eva, Amanda, Anita, Gilda,Cornelia???

I have loads of names that I like but I think we will be surprised by the name choices the same as with Isabella

I think they will choose some names that are easy to pronounce in Denmark. I have no clue how to pronounce Suitger?? Toto reminds me of the dog in The Wizard of Oz.
I think you are right, betina, that they will choose names that are easy to pronounce in danish :) Perhaps they could use Mathilde instead of Mechtild.

I like Astrid Benedikte Dagmar Mary and Alexander Johan Mikael Peter, Sister Morphine. Those are great choices.

Thank you. Astrid is one of my favorite girls' names and would love to see it used more often, especially amongst the Scandinavian royals.

Let me still name the following: Roberta, Gunther and Hathumod.
To tell you the truth, they come all out of a roman catholic calendar.

I like Ingeborga,Ingrid,Lavinia and Edgar

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom