Mary Admitted to Hospital: January 8, 2011

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Boy and girl haha. I think it's a safe enough bet. Fraternal boy and girl is my guess.

Prince Albert Victor was born on the 8th January, 1864. No modern royals have this date that I can find.

Prince Albert Victor? Is he "Eddy"? Eldest son of King Edward and Queen Alexandra of UK? :ohmy:

@RoyalEnquirer : Same here. I'd like a Prince Erik of Denmark and a Princess Matilda of Denmark! :flowers:

I am so excited!!! How can I learn to exams in this situation?:-D
Hope she will have easy delivery without problems. Go twins, go:-D

I'm thinking girls also. Isabella needs a little sister:)

Twin girls...:flowers:
Me too ! I hope the delivery of the twins goes well for both Mary and Frederick - and that two healthy babies are born. She is certainly very brave to want to give a natural birth a go first ! :flowers:

I think twin girls - if she has gone into labour naturally it shouldn't hopefully be too long a wait as babies usually (i know not always) seem to come out quicker each time you have one.

The coverage in the Danish media is massive right now.

To fill the time, they are writing article after article about what can happen.
TV2 speculates that the delivery was started.
Berlinske Tidende has a feature about the likelyhood of Mary have a C-section.

Basically, until we hear details from the court, Frederik or Mary herself when she leaves the hospital, it's all speculations.

I wish CP Mary a safe and easy delivery! :flowers:

I had a feeling something might happen the 8th (or wishing it, I like the number 8 for some reason). I could hardly sleep as I felt like something was definitely going on at the palace. This time I have to say I have no idea which ones are coming. I'm kind of hoping for another girl since there aren't too many princesses in Denmark, a boy and a girl would be nice. Two girls would also be nice but she might surprise us with two boys. We'll know soon, won't we? ;)

I'm just wondering how Mary was able to sneak out of the palace without every media outlet in Denmark finding out. :whistling:

I hope a boy and a girl :) At least one girl, poor Isabella must be lonely being the only little princess :p

I know it's being trivial, but I'd really like for them to have at least one girl, but knowing the Danish Royals, it'll be twin boys. IMO, it was almost a miracle that they had Isabella!

Thanks Everyone! So it has finally started...CP Mary is putting us all out of our misery! Here's hoping for 2 healthy babies and a safe delivery!

Rigshospitalet is right now under siege by 50-60 reporters.

Billed Bladet speculates that Mary has been at Rigshospitalet since last night. Friday evening Danish time) and that the delivery has been started.

I had no courses at university and didn't have to work during the entire week and the twins decide to arrive on the only day I have to work until late evening. :lol:
How exiting anyway.
I hope Mary and the twins will be fine! :flowers:

Oh boy, it is now 3:50 a.m where I am at the moment. I am trying so hard to stay up haha. This is the only one of Mary's pregnancies that I was here to follow, and I am assuming it may be her last one so I would really like to be here for it all.

It's all over the news in Denmark, so exciting! :)
I hope it goes well & the kids & CP Mary will be fine, which I'm sure they will.

I know it's being trivial, but I'd really like for them to have at least one girl, but knowing the Danish Royals, it'll be twin boys. IMO, it was almost a miracle that they had Isabella!

Well, there could be more girls this time around, you know. Crown Princess Mary has a single brother and two elder sisters. King Frederik, Queen Margrethe's father, had three girls. Who knows, maybe Prince Christian will be surrounded by girls and he will be the over-protective big bro! :flowers:

It's finally happening :flowers: Had a late sleep-in and woke up to all this :) Hoping for a safe delivery for mother and children (and at least one girl!)

I'm thinking CP Mary is having two boys. I hope she has a boy and a girl, but I would put my money on two boys.
(now that I say that, watch her have two girls!)

Well, there could be more girls this time around, you know. Crown Princess Mary has a single brother and two elder sisters. King Frederik, Queen Margrethe's father, had three girls. Who knows, maybe Prince Christian will be surrounded by girls and he will be the over-protective big bro! :flowers:

That could very well be! There are quite a few boys in this generation of the DRF though, with Joachim's 3 & Christian. We'll see, hopefully, very shortly how the genders will measure up.

I've been looking on twitter & I'm surprised by some people's reaction to Mary going into labor. Many people in Australia seem upset that her going into labor is headline news there. I understand their frustration, I suppose, but it is very exciting news since Mary is the closest thing they have to a princess & this will most likely be her last pregnancy. I'm an American & if any media outlets here even mentioned the birth of Mary's twins, I might do a cartwheel.

40 % of twin births in DK are natural, the rest are by C-section.

Due to the stress of going through a twin birth there are speculations that QMII and the majority of the visitors will not visit Mary until tomorrow.

I've been looking on twitter & I'm surprised by some people's reaction to Mary going into labor. Many people in Australia seem upset that her going into labor is headline news there.

The "readers comments" as usual? Oh, don't worry about them. For whatever reason the majority who post in the comments section bitch about something - anything in fact. :whistling:

If it was announced that starvation has been eradicated forever and food shortages would be a thing of the past, they would still find something to complain about...

Last edited by a moderator:
The "readers comments" as usual? Oh, don't worry about them. For whatever reason the majority who post in the comments section bitch about something - anything in fact. :whistling:

If it was announced that starvation has been eradicated forever and food shortages would be a thing of the past, they would still find something to complain about...

No, it's just people on twitter. Most seem excited, but there are a few who are like "Princess Mary's in labor, what does that have to with Australia?" I was just surprised since I was under the impression that most people in Australia adore Mary & her family.

I check too the australian press and I am totally surprised that at the present moment the press (the australian, etc...) mentioned nothing in their websites, except an article in the Herald Sun which is not very king on Mary (very strange indeed). I really love this coupe. Can australian posters here tell me if Mary is very popular, and if the press talked a lot about her during the year or just when there is a special occasion ? (I'm french so my english is not terrific, sorry for that, I hope I can explain myself correctly).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom