General News about Frederik, Mary and Family Part 18: June 2020 - August 2023

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
It was with the Reedtz-Thotts that Mary first stayed when she came to DK. IIRC.
At their manor at Gavnø.

That was before Mary officially got a job at Microsoft and an apartment of her own. But de facto she moved in at Frederik's apartment at Amalienborg.

As such the Reedtz-Thotts are close and very trusted friends of M&F.

I suppose Holger is attending Herluftsholm and perhaps he inspired Christian to go there as well?

And Helle is Vincent's godmother.
And CPSS Mary is Holger's godmother (ie. the one who carried Holger when he was baptised, not "just" a witness. Helle is "just" a witness to Vincent) :flowers:

At their manor at Gavnø.
And Gavnø Slot is located say 3-5 minutes drive from Næstved City ??

I suppose Holger is attending Herluftsholm and perhaps he inspired Christian to go there as well?
Yes, all the three Gavnø-children attends Herlufsholm. I don't know whether they are day-pupils or full boarding-pupils. I suspect the latter ...

Last edited:
Knud Rasmussen was a Dane exploring Greenland, especially northern Greenland. - A blank spot on the world map, even for the Greenlanders, because the few who knew the area, didn't share their knowledge outside a close circle of fellow hunters. Who pretty much constituted their whole world. The population of Greenland at the time must have been less than 10.000. Around 5.000 seem realistic in fact.
Anyway, Knud Rasmussen lived like a native. The only way to really survive in that part of the world.
It's generally acknowledged, also by QMII, that he probably fathered some children there. (As did the other Danish members of the expeditions.)
The reason was very simple, when a guest was welcomed to a hamlet, he (it was mainly men who were hunters) was invited to have intercourse with the women in that hamlet. Thus helping to avoid inbreeding. A very practical solution.

Last edited:
:previous: The 5:23 minute video of Mary riding in the equestrian competition was a thing of beauty. I didn't read through to find out her score but... well done Princess Mary!!

The article says that the vallak (castrated horse) Mary rode, is spirited, so it wasn't the easiest task to control him. But she managed fine.
He, Blue Hors Edelman, is owned by the Lego-family, with whom the DRF, not least M&F but also Joachim and our Marie are connected through personal friendship.
Mary rode for Frederiksværk Equestrian Club.
The town of Frederiksværk is located in the generally affluent Northern Zealand, not that far from Fredensborg Palace.

Happy 17th wedding anniversary to Frederik & Mary today, 14. May :flowers:

17 years! Where has time gone?!
The most beautiful, romantic, touching and alluring royal wedding. A day I think no Dane will ever forget. A day I think most Danes remember clearly. Frederik's redemptive tears as his beautiful, nervous but brave Mary walked down the aisle with her very proud father in his Scottish kilt. Frederik and Mary were so young, sweet, nervous and so sparkling in love. What a journey to today where they look at each other with the same flirtatious tenderness and love.

A gallery looking back:

Frederik’s tears watching his bride walking down the aisle:

Loved their bridal waltz. Perhaps not the most accurate bridal waltz choreographically :D But so young, sweet and nervous that you only can love them.

Last edited:
Time flies!

Seventeen years, that's how long I have roamed the royal boards. I signed up when M&F were engaged, because so much crap was posted about her.

I clearly remember the first gala dinner Mary attended, when she was engaged. She looked like a frightened deer caught in the headlights of a truck.
Today she looks and behaves like she was born a royal.

Ohhh time flies for sure!!! My love for royals all began when Felipe and Letizia became engaged, but the first royal wedding I watched was Frederik and Mary's wedding since it was a week before Felipe and Letizia's wedding. I remember that I was so excited to buy the Hola magazine after the wedding so that I could see all the pictures, and dresses, and tiaras and jewels...I was only 13 years old back then. I began to buy all Holas about royal weddings. But I lost the 2 most important Holas when I moved houses 2 years later (both Frederik and Mary's wedding and Felipe and Letizia's wedding)...I'm still so bitter about it...Those were my heirlooms.

Ohhh time flies for sure!!! My love for royals all began when Felipe and Letizia became engaged, but the first royal wedding I watched was Frederik and Mary's wedding since it was a week before Felipe and Letizia's wedding. I remember that I was so excited to buy the Hola magazine after the wedding so that I could see all the pictures, and dresses, and tiaras and jewels...I was only 13 years old back then. I began to buy all Holas about royal weddings. But I lost the 2 most important Holas when I moved houses 2 years later (both Frederik and Mary's wedding and Felipe and Letizia's wedding)...I'm still so bitter about it...Those were my heirlooms.

Search OLX. I already bought some magazines over there.
I also became interested in royalty with the marriage of Felipe and Letizia.
It is interesting to follow the growth of Leonor, Christian and other princes of this generation.

Crown Prince Frederik has received his first vaccination dose today and shared a photo of that:

"Today I got my first injection. Thank you to all of you who help us on our way back to a normal everyday life".

** Pic ** instagram post **

How nice to see! Just like the picture of him receiving a haircut last year, I'm glad they released a picture. It serves as a small motivation.

Good to see. Frederik has official events in the coming days, so I hope he doesn’t get sick after his first dose. F&M follows the vaccine calendar. Frederik's age is being vaccinated now. Mary can expect to be vaccinated from around May 24th.

That's so neat that they met up at the National Championship! Seeing Benedikte's attendance in the calendar, I did wonder if Mary would be there too. I think Isabella also attended a couple of years ago.

And exciting times ahead for Nathalie. Not her first Olympics but her first as coach for the national team.

Very convenient. The town of Grindsted is located a long stones throw from Birkelse estate, the home of the Skeel family.

Mary arrived by (regular) flight from Copenhagen to Aalborg Saturday noon and was picked up at the airport.
Presumably Benedikte and Nathalie were already there.
The equestrian event is organized by Helgstrand Dressage, which according to BB, breed some of the finest horses in the world within the field.

Mary said: "I'm here to look at some of the finest and most skillful riders within the sport. It's a really good experience."

- Mary has been attending equestrian events from time to time for many years together with Benedikte.
It's good to see she has a close relationship with other members of the DRF. - That is unfortunately not always the case with the family you marry into.
And while QMII has many skills and can converse about a multitude of things on a high level, horses are not among them.

Presumably Benedikte and Nathalie were already there.
The equestrian event is organized by Helgstrand Dressage, which according to BB, breed some of the finest horses in the world within the field.

It's good to see she has a close relationship with other members of the DRF. .

Benedikte was at "work" as patron Friday to Sunday. As Mary is godmother to Nathalie's oldest, there must be a close relationship there as well and a mutual love for horses.

https://www.bt.dk/royale/farvel-til...ter-blikket-mod-de-unge-paa-venstrefloejen-og

A BT article about the direction Frederik in particular but M&F as a team is taking the DRF, now that Frederik leaves the IOC.
Frederik has declared that the climate and sustainability will become a main priority. - It already is high on the agenda.
The journalist writing this believe M&F will as such mainly appeal to the young and people to the left of the political spectrum.
And in doing so they may push away a segment of the older population.

- I do not agree.
While there is some who don't put this high on the agenda in the (IMO) 40-65 group. Most above 40 and that includes retirees are just as eager in working for and changing their way of living for the benefit of the climate as the young. Perhaps even more so! Retirees simply have the time, and in many cases also the means to implement such personal changes and being involved in these issues.

But of more immediate interest to this forum, and I won't mention Polyesco and others who are fond of Frederik, here are some good pics:
https://bt.bmcdn.dk/media/cache/resolve/image_1240/image/167/1673388/23771343-sm.jpg
https://bt.bmcdn.dk/media/cache/resolve/image_1240/image/167/1673406/23771379-pa.jpg
https://bt.bmcdn.dk/media/cache/resolve/image_1240/image/167/1673390/23771347-sa.jpg
https://bt.bmcdn.dk/media/cache/resolve/image_1240/image/167/1673320/23771227-olympics-ioc.jpg

Frederik has declared that the climate and sustainability will become a main priority. - It already is high on the agenda.

And innovation. Those were the priorities that were mentioned in the press release.

He has attended quite a lot of events and visits involving innovation for the past years.

What a ridiculous take. Unsurprisingly coming from the same journalist who last alleged that Mary is running the DRF.

Looking at Frederik's history with the IOC, it was problematic from the start but became doomed when he broke the "ground rules" laid out for him when he was elected by voting against the official stance of the government on the subject of the exclusion of Russia in 2016.

It's not about "following the current trends" or "being in touch with the younger generation". The IOC is simply an institution that is way too political for him to be an active member of. I actually think it was baffling that he didn't step back when he fulfilled his first term in 2017.

Frederik's interest in environmental issues, sustainability and innovation is nothing new. That and sports has always been his main areas of interest. Nor has there been a particular shift in Mary's areas of interests. So they're not catering to anyone.

I also think it's very presumptuous for the journalist to assume that areas like the climate and LGBTI+ rights won't be popular with the "older" generation.

Those of you who follow the Euro 20/21 championships may know about the Danish player who had a heart attack during a game and who needed cpr - live on TV.
Fortunately he survived.

However, a very large segment of Danish children under the age of 15 watched that game and saw a star-player drop, get CPR and for a long time didn't know whether he would make it or not.
I will assume that included M&F's children as well. Perhaps not all of them, but certainly some of them.
The vast majority of children would have watched the incident with their parents or other adults around. But as we know M&F were at the stadium, rather than with their children.
Perhaps Christian was around, perhaps a nanny, perhaps another adult, or perhaps they were with friends, we don't know yet. - But of course children watching this will have loads of questions and thoughts. After all this was not a movie, or someone they didn't know, but a named "hero" so to speak.
So parents have had to answer the obvious questions from their children - Like: Can this happen to dad or an older sibling playing soccer?

The public network DR1, also has a public service channel for children. Roughly between 7-14 or so in age-range.
It's quite serious actually, with children as the reporters and news-anchors, asking and addressing the questions children have in regards to various topics and current affairs, which may include politics. - Of course with adults in the background helping with the practical details, but otherwise the angle is from that of children, which as we know can differ very much from how adults perceive things and from what concerns adults. So this channel explains things, so it makes more sense for say a 9 year old.
We know that Mary has visited this channel and been interviewed by this channel - and as the channel and it's programmes are being used at schools, M&F's children are also familiar with the channel and may even watch it on their own.

This channel will in the upcoming porgrammes deal with what happened. What is a heart attack, what goes on, what's the risk, what can be done, what should you do and can mom and dad have a heart attack?
That means talking to doctors, players other children and so on.
And what is also sweet, and no doubt a good coping mechanism, send well-wishes to the player, Christian Eriksen.
https://www.dr.dk/nyheder/indland/u...sen-episoden-jeg-er-megaglad-hoere-du-er-okay
This very much being an alternative to the children themselves googling the questions - because some of the comments out there are not for children! (See the trolls at Daily Mail!)

The channel is called Ultra.
Some of you may recall a programme that got international attention.
It consisted of naked adults of all shapes and sizes in a studio in front of children aged 7-14 or so, who looked at the adults and asked various questions that went through their minds in regards to how a body looks and why it looks like that - say: what's that scar? Why do your breasts have different size? And so on.

It's on that matter of fact level.
It is IMO very likely that certainly Vincent and Josephine will watch Ultra.

Last edited:
"Gribskov forms the framework for this week's episode of the program 'Nak & Æd', where the hosts, chef Nikolaj Kirk and naturalist Jørgen Skouboe, go hunting and prepare a meal in nature. In each program, the hosts have a helper and this time it is His Royal Highness the Crown Prince who shows the way in one of Denmark's largest forest areas.⁣

⁣ The program can be seen on DR 1 tonight at 20.00."

https://www.instagram.com/p/CQxpefQg5wi/

I'll write a guide to this program and post a link for you to watch it later.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom