General News about Frederik, Mary and Family Part 18: June 2020 - August 2023

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
:previous:

It’s definitely the hunting lodge in Trend with the small lake out front. The lodge is located in North Jutland which got up to 20 cm yesterday according to local news. ⛄

This is a wonderful and inspiring little winter holiday post/videos from our Crown Prince family!

For those of you who do not understand Danish: Christian, Isabella, Vincent and Josephine are in full swing clearing the lake of snow so they can play icehockey with what they have in the lodge.. suddenly a slightly short of breath Isabella stops and says: "Mom, aren’t you going to help?" :lol: I love it. Privately, they are just like any other families. In video 2 Mary also films Frederik standing next to her cheering and of course acting as the family’s icehockey judge. ?

I have respect and love for how F&M manage their roles and share these little everyday moments with us - there is no doubt they really want us. They are where we are - also in a more difficult time. The clips the Crown Prince Couple are posting provide unity and inspiration. Out in nature, use your imagination and play. The nature is the best playground. And the CP family is a outdoor family and very fond of the nature.

Last edited:
A very cute video. Love seeing the siblings enjoying the ice and snow. Love these little glimpses of the family unit, including Grace dashing through and Frederik keeping a washful eye on the 4.

Thanks Roskilde for the Danish translations, always helpful and appreciated.

They look like they are having a wonderful time. Better than an expensive resort. Thanks Roskilde for the Danish translation.

:previous: Thanks Eya

Grace always by her side.
I think Mary might be rehearsing for upcoming equestrian events. And what better time than now during this quiet and long lockdown.

Riding has really become a family thing here in the corona time - how wonderful it is to see them support each other in all things including their hobbies and Frederik always accompanies his girls to ride horses and lookout for them.

Except for the boys.. seems like they leave all that horse thing to their parents and sisters ?

Last edited:

Riding has really become a family thing here in the corona time - how wonderful it is to see them support each other in all things including their hobbies.
Except for the boys.. seems like they leave all that horse thing to their parents and sisters ?

Horses don't go vroooommm.

:previous: In a nutshell!:D

I had to do a double take when I saw that picture of Isabella on horseback. She looks like an adult young woman and not a teenage girl. They grow up so quickly!!

Indeed, our sweet Bella isn’t a little girl any longer. Next month she is 14 years old already and even how natural she is she has really starts to look grown up, a sweet young little woman. So has Christian! And he is taller than both his mom and dad now. Time flies.

F&M still has their two 'little ones' Vincent and Josephine, but a lot is happening with Christian and Isabella these years and Corona has “stolen” a lot from us royal watchers :)

I assume it's a form of safety back shields Isabella and Josephine are wearing.

Last edited:
Indeed, our sweet Bella isn’t a little girl any longer. Next month she is 14 years old already and even how natural she is she has really starts to look grown up, a sweet young little woman. So has Christian! And he is taller than both his mom and dad now. Time flies.

F&M still has their two 'little ones' Vincent and Josephine, but a lot is happening with Christian and Isabella these years and Corona has “stolen” a lot from us royal watchers :)

I assume it's a form of safety back shields Isabella and Josephine are wearing.

It is. Protecting the rib-cage as well. Should the horse trip and the rider end up under the horse, or the horse rolls across the rider, most of the ribs will break and result in severe injury or death. Even a pony is heavy!
Not sure though, but I believe they are mandatory for riders under a certain age. Just as the riding helmet is mandatory.

:previous: Thanks for the explanation, Muhler. Always good with good safety. Horses are lovely animals, but big animals that one need to have great respect for.

Last edited:
Mary has created a message for today’s International Women’s Day:

https://www.instagram.com/p/CMKVM-WA3eN/

„ For breakfast this morning, my youngest daughter Josephine spotted a headline that it was Women's International Match Day. She asked, "What kind of day is this?" I thought briefly about my answer and said that for her it is a day where she must believe and trust that she can become and do everything she dreams of without anyone or anything stopping her… .. because she's a girl.⁣

She did not ask any further questions, so maybe my answer was no surprise to her. Maybe it's something she takes for granted. But that's not the case for many other girls around the world. And Women's International Match Day has different meanings depending on where in the world you live.⁣
But no matter where you live, it is an important day where we not only talk about how far we have come, but also about where we have come from and where we want to go.
On the occasion of the day, I attend three meetings today - unfortunately all virtually. A roundtable discussion on diversity and inclusion in management with UN Women and Boston Consulting Group and a meeting of UNFPA's High Level Commission on women's right to decide over their own bodies. Tonight I am part of Kvinfo's virtual celebration of the day.⁣

For me, equality is not about everyone being equal, but - as I said to Josephine - about gender not having a role to play when opportunities present themselves and decisions are made… or when following one's dreams.⁣“

Mary is right. Men and women don't have to alike to be equal.
In fact diversity is what makes things interesting, as it so often is in other aspects of life.

And I hope Josephine took the concept for granted, that of course she can, and should be allowed to, be anything she wants to.

It is a rich country that can afford to keep half the population out of influence or by denying education can dispense with half the talent mass.
Denmark is not that rich...

What a fine and personal way Crown Princess Mary has marked The International Women’s Day - especially her post about her conversation this morning with Josephine was such a fine input - and a wise and concrete answer Mary gave her daughter.

Josephine accepted that answer without wondering much more about it and maybe may take it for granted - and good! That's the way it should be.

In large parts of the world, daughters don’t have that equality and a thank to CP Mary for her contribution to illuminating and fighting for equal rights for girls and women.

Despite the fact that we here in Denmark have equality in many ways and have come a long way - we still have a way to go. Especially in the last six months there has been big focus on inequality in Denmark and it is interesting to follow that debate. For what is the problem? As CP Mary so fine puts it: Gender equality is not a gain for women, but a gain for all.

— Btw, it’s a very lovely mother/daughter picture of Mary and Josephine :wub:
From the private summer family photosession in August last year. We got five of the photos published, but of course is there many other lovely pictures they just have kept private.

Last edited:

„ For breakfast this morning, my youngest daughter Josephine spotted a headline that it was Women's International Match Day. She asked, "What kind of day is this?" I thought briefly about my answer and said that for her it is a day where she must believe and trust that she can become and do everything she dreams of without anyone or anything stopping her… .. because she's a girl.

[...]⁣

I wonder if her remark to Princess Josephine indicates the Royal House will drop the rule that a princess who marries a commoner must leave the Royal House and give up her official role on marriage, given that princes have been permitted to remain working royals after marrying commoners since 1995.

— Btw, it’s a very lovely mother/daughter picture of Mary and Josephine :wub:
From the private summer family photosession in August last year. We got five of the photos published, but of course is there many other lovely pictures they just have kept private.

Indeed. Lovely that they gave as an extra photo. Makes me curious to see more in the future lol;)

Beautiful photo of mother and daughter :flowers:

I love the post Mary shared about the conversation she had with Josephine. It proves no matter your status in life, its a discussion needing to be had.

https://www.dr.dk/nyheder/politik/g...og-efterskoler-kan-slaa-doerene-op-paa-mandag

Good news for Christian (9th grade, graduating student) and Isabella (7th grade) who now with the limited but further reopening of Denmark seems to be allowed to attend physically school outdoor one day a week from next week.

The country's 5th to 8th graders will have the opportunity to follow the teaching in school physically again. However in a limited way. They are allowed to go to school once a week and the teaching must primarily take place outdoors.

Graduating students in secondary education and in primary school are allowed to attend more classes. However, this does not apply to the Capital Region, where graduating students will be allowed to meet one day a week in the same way as the 5th to 8th grades.

Vincent and Josephine (3rd grade) have been physically in school since mid-February.

* No further restrictions will be lifted.

Last edited:
https://www.dr.dk/nyheder/indland/m...mlingsforbud-haeves-til-10-personer-udendoers

From Monday:

- The assembly ban will be lifted from 5 to 10 people outdoors.
However, it is emphasized that the authorities still recommend that you do not meet more than five people in private homes and that you limit social contacts.

- Outdoor church services for up to 50 people will also be opened

- The assembly ban will also be lifted from 25 to 50 people for outdoor sports and association activities.

- Graduating students in primary school as well as in youth and adult education in the Capital Region can also return to the same model as in the rest of the country. Municipalities with a particularly high incidence are, however, exempt.

So from Monday Prince Christian can return to school every second week.
Prince Vincent and Princess Josephine have been back in school since February.
That leaves Princess Isabella as the only child still homeschooling 4 days out of 5. She and her classmates are allowed to be present in school one day at week.

Last edited:
https://sport.tv2.dk/2021-03-20-ingen-udenlandske-tilskuere-til-ol

I had looked forward to see Frederik and Mary at the Olympics Games in 2020. The Olympics are just special for F&M and in 2020 it would have been 20 years since they met each other during the Olympics in Sydney in 2000. It would definitely have been special to experience those two at the Olympics again. Due to Covid-19, it was canceled and postponed until July this year, but now it has been announced that foreign guests are not allowed to attend. Understandable, but a pity as it's special to experience F&M to the Olympics which is the root for they met each other.

Last edited:
Last night (around midnight :lol:) our government held a press conference (after 12 hours of negotiations) where they presented a full reopening plan for Denmark.

Here a update of days I think will impact F&M’s official events:

- The twins are back full time in school. Christian will be back every other week from this week and from 6. april Isabella can also return to school from every other week.

- I think that 6. May is the date we should look forward to in relation to F&M's official events. Here the plan is that conferences, theaters, venues, and cinemas will reopen.
The indoor assembly ban is still 5 people. Outdoors 10 people. But this will be assessed again in mid-April.

- 21. April will also opens for some things that may impact F&M’s official events. Museums, art galleries and libraries reopen - with corona passes.
And then some indoor sports will open for children and young people under 18 years

The Royal House has just issued the following press release:

"This weekend, the Crown Prince's family moved their residence to the Chancellery at Fredensborg Castle, where His Royal Highnesses will reside in the coming months.

The Crown Prince and Crown Princess took over the Chancellery in the time around the wedding in May 2004. Prior to this, the building from 1731 was renovated after being Queen Ingrid's residence for many years. Until 2010, when Frederik VIII's Palace at Amalienborg was completely renovated, the Chancellery was the Crown Prince Couple's primary residence."

https://www.kongehuset.dk/nyheder/kronprinsparret-har-flyttet-residens-til-kancellihuset

https://www.billedbladet.dk/kongelige/danmark/kronprinsfamilien-er-flyttet-her-bor-de-nu

Last edited:
They seemed to enjoy their stay there last year, so it makes sense to be back for the Spring (and Summer) months; it will be much easier for them to ride their horses. And apparently, they don't think the drive up to the school is too far.

Do the children go to school all days of the week? Or are there still restrictions?

I'm pretty sure it was always the plan for them to spilt their time between Fredensborg and Amalienborg similar to what QMII does.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom