General News about Frederik, Mary and Family Part 18: June 2020 - August 2023

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Tonight, Denmark's national team in men's handball played the semifinals against Spain. Denmark won and is thus in the World Cup final against Sweden which will be played on Sunday.

Frederik and Mary and children have just shared this on their social media:

“Tonight we together with the children watched the handball men’s victory. A big congratulations from all six of us.

We look forward to seeing the final on Sunday where the World Cup gold will be defended :daneflag2:

https://www.instagram.com/p/CKpM_BzgUC0/

I said to my husband I was sure Frederik & Mary and all the kids watched the match too :cool:

The Crown Prince family are royal in the coolest way and not least at eye level and relatable. This is exactly what the Crown Prince family really can and does - being ‘together’ with the Danes - you can feel them.

Last edited:
Agree! Its "simple" posts like this that are always wonderful and endearing to see.

I love these posts as well – good to know they, too, were sitting on the edge of their seats last night :lol:

I would, however, wish they'd extend their enthusiasm to women's sports too. I'm assuming the discrepancy in their engagement with women's and men's sports, respectively, is unconscious but I think it's pretty obvious at this point and that's super disappointing to me. Especially knowing how big an impact just showing equal enthusiasm towards women's sports would have in terms of parity :ermm:

Video of Mary out riding at Christiansborg Slot with Grace but her side.
https://www.instagram.com/p/CKhVTeZB5eP/

It's nice to see her catching up on her hobby. After 16 years as a busy Crown Princess and mother of 4, she has taken advantage of the extra time.
What a great experience for the woman who happened to see CP Mary out practicing with her loyal Grace by her side.

Last edited:
I thought Trend too as the outside area seemed too densely wooded to be Kancellihuset. I'd love to be able to be in a winter woodland cabin right now.

Congratulations to team Denmark on their handball win. That's a game I would enjoy playing myself.

I thought Trend too as the outside area seemed too densely wooded to be Kancellihuset. I'd love to be able to be in a winter woodland cabin right now.

And with snow coming in tonight, all M&F can do is to cuddle up in front of the fireplace under a warm blanket. :D

Frederik Skyped the handball team and started out by exclaiming: "Heck, congratulations!"

Then he said their win had been convincing and praised them.

https://www.instagram.com/p/CKuIMEtg_XV/?utm_source=ig_embed&utm_campaign=embed_video_watch_again

Last edited by a moderator:
It's lovely that the Danish and Swedish CP families seem close to one another.

And with snow coming in tonight, all M&F can do is to cuddle up in front of the fireplace under a warm blanket. :D

I can imagine that, Muhler :D We do know that F&M retreats to the hunting lodge in Trend as often as they can. I understand them. It’s an enchanting and quiet place in the middle of the forest.

Maybe they'll stay there to celebrate Mary's birthday on Friday?
We know they were at home in Frederik 8's palace at Friday (from the photo of Mary’s meeting with the Mary Foundation and the photo they shared of the kids watching the semifinals in tv). I can’t imagine them driving all the way to Trend for two days.

I may be colored by the fact that they are my Crown Prince Couple, but isn’t it quite unique the way Frederik and Mary interact with us Danes on their social media?

Sharing casual photos home from their private living room of the 4 children enthusiastically watching the semifinals in front of the tv (and the children’s Playstation ?). A photo of Frederik (taken by his son) in the hunting lodge calling Victoria in Sweden. A video of Frederik sitting in the living room (with his family in the couch in the background) congratulating our national handball team on Skype over his cellphone.

We have also before seen F&M sharing photos directly home from the couch, with their legs up, while watching Danish theater performances online. (To support the culture life) We get posts from F&M with selfies from the home office and with a longer personal text they have written themselves. Mary often shares private photos of the family, everyday moments, and nature. Frederik sharing a picture of him going to the finally re-opened hairdresser after a long lockdown exactly as all other untamed long-haired Danes that day. F&M reports ‘live’ on their social media during Royal Run. And etc.

I see a future King and Queen who really want to be together with their people, and really succeed in making the Danish people gather about both big and small moments. When all Danes are sitting at home in the living rooms and watching the World Cup finals we see that F&M and the children do exactly the same thing, and too are sitting on the edge of their seats cheering. And it’s is genuine! Casual and blurry pictures taken in the moment. F&M and children just are a normal family home in the private and they meet us there. I follow many royal houses on their social media, but i don’t think I experience this on some other royal houses' social media (unless maybe CP Mette-Marit’s own private Instagram account). You know each Royal House has its own way of doing things, and that’s good, but I do think this is quite unique and something F&M should have credit for.

I agree with you Roskilde, it is a nice way to display their normal family life to us. I remember that photo they took of their legs and feet up watching something on the tv. It was very sweet.

How cool! Great sportsmanship being demonstrated!!

The Danish government has just announced that the youngest school students (0.-4. classes) can return to school on Monday next week. It will not be to a normal school day, but marked by Covid-19 restrictions.

All Danish school children have been homeschooled since 21. December.

It means Vincent and Josephine will return to school in next week.

Christian and Isabella will continue to be homeschooled.

** My kids are looking forward to returning and seeing their schoolmates again. I think Vincent and Josephine do too, maybe especially Vincent who thinks homeschooling is very boring! :D I can imagine it has required of F&M, like the rest of us parents, to maintain the concentration of young children in front of a screen day after day.

Last edited:
They are very often observed going by ferry. It saves them at least two hours on the road than if they were taking the route by bridge further south.

It's basically one hour to the ferry. About an hour on the ferry, depending which one it is and the route. And an hour to Trend.

The lounge they are sitting in, is the regular passenger lounge. Nothing special there.

It appears to me Frederik and Christian went by themselves. Presumably Mary and the rest went Friday or Sunday.

I do find it very odd that Se & Hør publish these photos, because they would lose hands down in a trial regarding breach of privacy.

Last edited:
What a wonderful photo and smile. Hope the family has a nice celebration at Amlienborg

Some articles and pics on past birthday gifts fr ok m Frederik to Mary; and on Mary's previous celebrations
https://www.billedbladet.dk/kongelige/danmark/se-billederne-frederiks-kaerlighedsgaver-til-mary
https://www.billedbladet.dk/kongelige/danmark/marys-mest-usaedvanlige-foedselsdagsfejringer

And birthday greetings from her patronages
https://www.instagram.com/p/CK5_jOChp0r/
https://www.instagram.com/p/CK55vmwqjYD/

Lovely photo for a lovely lady. Hope she enjoys her birthday with her family.

"Today is Her Royal Highness the Crown Princess' 49th birthday.⁣ ⁣

The Crown Princess celebrates the day with her family in Frederik VIII's Palace at Amalienborg.⁣"

https://scontent.fath3-4.fna.fbcdn....=79372f51fb5d88df5b19a3d1d193c8b9&oe=60431E27

https://www.instagram.com/p/CK5oZHNA1vt/

It’s a genuinely charming photo of Mary!

Congratulations to the world's best Mary. I hope she has a lovely corona birthday and that Frederik and the children have kissed and hugged her all day.

When I see Mary, I often think of Queen Margrethe's advice to young Crown Prince Frederik: Choose your wife with your heart, but of course it isn’t forbidden to use your head as well :D

I think Frederik listened. I don’t think there are many, if any, in Denmark who don’t agree with Frederik's choice in love and wife. You don’t need much strength in your glasses to see how happy and confident she makes our future King (and he her), and the family-life they have created together.

Here's a long, but actually good, trip down memory lane on the occasion of Mary's birthday. With 30 good pictures!
It has required big strength, and big love, to go through that life change Mary did at the time of the marriage with our Crown Prince.

Next is the 50 years!
Exciting if there will be any official celebration now that the Queen can celebrate 50 years on the throne the month before. IIRC Mary's 40th birthday was not officially marked for the same reason. Not that it shall be compared to the 50th anniversary celebration our future King had, but man, I still remember his entire week-long 50th anniversary celebration as wonderful on all fronts! A celebration in his very own way and side by side with the people. I do hope we also get the opportunity to celebrate our future Queen next year.

Last edited:
A thing I have noticed about Mary in the photos we have seen of her over the past year, is how relaxed she is looking.

I think this year, with a break from the limelight and where the CP-family have been able to live a life that is as close to a normal family-life the circumstances after all allow, has been invigorating for Mary in particular perhaps.
In contrast to Frederik Mary has only lived this life in the public eye for some seventeen years and I think she sometimes wish she could completely anonymous again. That would be only natural IMO.

Whether that is the case or not, their rest from public duties, will be needed, because M&F are going to be very busy!

It is no secret that the government plans for post-Corona and that includes commerce and export offensives abroad.
Economically DK has suffered considerably less than so many other countries, but there has been a serious dent in the treasury, so there will be a lot of focus on Danish export. Not least to USA, where the new administration has ambitious plans for sustainable energy solutions, a major Danish export field.
M&F usually play a very prominent role in help promoting Danish businesses and export, so I predict that we are going to see a lot of M&F already from the autumn this year and certainly next year. Basically as much as it is practically possible to begin planning and arranging already now.

A thing I have noticed about Mary in the photos we have seen of her over the past year, is how relaxed she is looking.

I think this year, with a break from the limelight and where the CP-family have been able to live a life that is as close to a normal family-life the circumstances after all allow, has been invigorating for Mary in particular perhaps.
In contrast to Frederik Mary has only lived this life in the public eye for some seventeen years and I think she sometimes wish she could completely anonymous again. That would be only natural IMO.

Whether that is the case or not, their rest from public duties, will be needed, because M&F are going to be very busy!

It is no secret that the government plans for post-Corona and that includes commerce and export offensives abroad.
Economically DK has suffered considerably less than so many other countries, but there has been a serious dent in the treasury, so there will be a lot of focus on Danish export. Not least to USA, where the new administration has ambitious plans for sustainable energy solutions, a major Danish export field.
M&F usually play a very prominent role in help promoting Danish businesses and export, so I predict that we are going to see a lot of M&F already from the autumn this year and certainly next year. Basically as much as it is practically possible to begin planning and arranging already now.

Mary's inner beauty really does shine through these days. I've enjoyed reading your insights about Mary as well as the hopeful anticipation of things to come for both M&F. I'm looking forward to watching as they step back into an even more dynamic presence than before as the world continues to recover from covid. I must also say, with only 15 days into our new US administration, it does feel good to see we are once again rejoining the world community. Hopefully business will be better (and greener) than ever! :D

BB reports that the CP family is currently not residing at Amalienborg.
https://www.billedbladet.dk/kongeli...rien-kronprinsfamilien-har-forladt-koebenhavn

This is week #7, and that is the school winter holiday.
It is presumed that M&F have gone to another residence, probably Trend. But Kancellihuset at Fredensborg is also an option.
It is most unlikely they would have left DK, not least considering how much heat celebs who have went for holidays abroad have been met with.

The weather in Denmark has been fantastic the last few weeks. Clear frosty weather with sun, snow and blue skies. Pure wellness for the soul.
So it has been a good start to the winter holidays for F&M and children and many others with good opportunities for tobogganing and ice skating on the lake. You can ski in Denmark, but we don’t have any mountains, so it’s really not that fun...
Tonight, up to 15 cm of snow has fallen on Zealand. Unfortunately, it looks like the weather from tomorrow will be plus degrees, rain and gray weather. Let’s hope the snow can stay a few more days now it’s the Danish school children’s winter holiday this week.

Last edited:
The family enjoy their winter holiday week:

"Snow and ice set the ingenuity in motion, and a frozen lake turned into an ice hockey rink. After preparation, it became an alternative ice hockey match .... without skates and with sticks as poles and an old flat football as puck �� ⁣ ⁣ - The Crown Prince Couple"

https://www.instagram.com/p/CLY6MEfAJ8V/

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom